Mover and Couchpotato not playing nice together?

daquint

So gots this issue.

I have couchpotato

* find all my completed movies in a folder (cache/appdata/movies)

* rename the movies

* move them to the cache directory (cache/movies)

The problem is - when the mover runs, it deletes (or possibly moves) the entire 'movies' directory with the movie folders/files.

The next time couchpotato tries to rename, and move it errors out with 'To and From directory' must exist.

So my workaround right now is to create a new 'movies' directory so CP can find it. Less than ideal/automagic.

Anyone have any ideas?

The problem is - when the mover runs, it deletes (or possibly moves) the entire 'movies' directory with the movie folders/files.

This isn't a problem, this is what the cache drive does, but you're using it...oddly.

You shouldn't be using cache as a destination, you should be using your movies share, or wherever your movies actually are. It will use the cache drive automatically if it's enabled, with the faster write speed and all that good stuff.

Ok I understand now thanks.

It seems I had it working for years (the correct way) and recently messed with it because I switched from Sickbeard to NZBdrone and TV wasnt being moved properly.

Im my troubleshooting of that issue, I must have screwed up the way the cache was set up.

Many thanks