Hello ~ Introducing me.. :-)

Hello unRAID community!!  I am a travel photographer/blogger/vlogger/educator.  I have just completed my first unRAID based build.  If you want to watch my series on it, please check it out here: 

If you have any questions on the build, please post them in the respective video comments section.  Background: I have been into computers seriously since I was 17. (Just turned 52).  I have worked on everything from a Burroughs 1800 system, a Timex Sinclair, to today building and maintaining my own systems.  I have two main sites you can connect with me @ http://TheExplorographer.com and http://219Gaming.com 

A HUGE shoutout to the unRAID team for being freaking awesome!  I am having such a treat working with it.  Anyway, hope to get to know you guys a little better and not be a pain in the a$$. ;-)  Have a great weekend!

Welcome.

Just had a look at your videos. Nice start and somehow that doorbell reminds me of the game "The 11th hour" :)

Question though, you opted for the Xeon E3-1231, which doesn't have built-in graphics, but I don't see you adding a graphics card. Am I missing something?

Welcome.

Just had a look at your videos. Nice start and somehow that doorbell reminds me of the game "The 11th hour" :)

Question though, you opted for the Xeon E3-1231, which doesn't have built-in graphics, but I don't see you adding a graphics card. Am I missing something?

That motherboard has IPMI, which is implemented with an Aspeed video card on the motherboard.

Or were you asking about VM passthrough?

Welcome.

Thanks for the kind welcome. jonathanm is correct. I am not interested in the VM passthrough. I am running the system headless.  I got the board with the built in card just so I could hook it to a monitor if needed.  The system is working great under 6.2beta.  Going to make a post on throughput scenarios and what I should expect. 

Cool build , welcome, while I'm an old school builder and relied on the stock  fan I've learned that they are the bare minimum in cooling. May want to upgrade to a noctua or cool master, either way nice build.

I agree. My production system is running water. I am monitoring the heat atm... I just got a high speed switch and my cables to run the box into the server room. (cooled)  So with that I most likely will be getting a good cooler for it...battery backup is next though..  Thanks for the welcome!

• 3 weeks later...