Time for an upgrade--need feedback/opinions please!

I've been having tons of recent instability with my system and I believe it's directly related to the really old hardware.  I've been running the following config since early 4.x days and I'm ready for an upgrade:

Current build:

Supermicro X8SIL

Xeon x3470

16gb RAM

Norco 4220 (thinking about replacing this as well and made thread in the hardware section)

Dual Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

50TB total space, 10TB free

Dockers: 

Plex typically 1 stream, rarely 2--MAX of 3 (maybe once in the past 2 years!)

Nextcloud

LetsEncrypt

Crashplan

What I value:  above all else flexibility.  I hate being limited by my technology choices--I'd prefer to over build then fall short.  I don't really see this being for KVM or VM's as I have other systems that serve that role but I'd rather build the foundation that way then have to start over.  I also value my money and don't want to just throw money at a solution.

What I must have:  IPMI and the ability to run 2 Plex streams at the same time.

What I'm considering:  I first started looking at the new 1151 offerings in a e3 series xeon with Skylake but quickly realized I won't have the PCIe slots needed for the flexibility I desire.  I'm now focused on the 2011-3 offerings and specifically the following:

Supermicro X10DRL-i

Xeon e5-1620v4

I'm open to trying other motherboard manufacturers but have had good luck with Supermicro (until now).  Does the above config look reasonable?  See any deficiencies or shortcomings?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!!!

The only downsides I can see are the 140w TDP CPU and the fact that you may be paying a bit more for a dual socket motherboard.  Both are common tradeoffs as you move up into the many benefits of the E5/2011 platform.

Hadn't noticed that--thanks!  I just found the E5-2670 thread and it appears to be a better mix of price/performance so I'm reviewing that as an option now.