Bios update slowed my transfer speeds

Bags

C3 Im not sure how to change those settings. Gary Now that I think about it I did change some of the settings on the network tab of the GUI for a static Ip address. Also the aftermarket nic card is based on the realtec 8169sc. I have read some of those cards are having problems. I think I downloaded some ones build back in the days of 4.7 but I have since upgraded to 5 and even up to 5.04 with no problems. Might explain why I ran some ethtool commands with a response of no driver or device found. I tried using the -t to test the card with ethtool but no luck. I think I have an rj45 cable tester some where. I have reloaded biz root and bizimage from 5.04 no luck. I also tried a network.cfg file from the same  back up. Still no change. The only other new changes are the addition of bit torrent sync. With out the gui is there a way to uninstall bit torrent sync? I installed it using Phaze method using plug ins. Would I be better off in the long run just getting an intel nic? even with the old card I had writes of 40mb/s sing mucommander to a parity protected array even with a cache drive. My original goal was to copy 4tb of info off the drives, upgrade to version 6 then reformat the drives.

Considering how inexpensive a good Intel NIC is these days, I'm simply try that and see if that resolves your issue.

You may very well have had a different driver at some point -- and if you could find that it should resolve the issue you're having ... but the simple "fix" is to use an Intel NIC that you know is supported.

ethtool is your friend :)

ethtool eth0 will show the current settings

ethtool --change eth0 speed 1000 will set speed to 1000

ethtool --change eth0 duplex full will set full duplex

Might want to change the duplex first.

ethtool --change speed 1000 eth0 bad command or file name I tried it with and with out eth 0. Same with change duplex. I tried with the -- and without. I think now its either a driver problem or a card problem. I tried ethanol -S and it says no driver or device.

I plugged in the laptop to the same cable and port on the switch, it linked up 1000 and a speed test.net shows pretty close to on par. so Its the nic or unraid.The card shows a green light in back for a link but at the switch it blinks slow some times and then goes out. This is frustrating.

Well, you're one step closer to resolving it.    You're confirmed the cable and switch port are both good ... so it's just a matter of isolating whether you've got a configuration issue or a bad NIC.

As I noted earlier, with the price of NICs these days, I'd just pick up a good Intel NIC and be done with it  :)

Problem is I will probably have to order it off the internet. The brick and mortar stores aren't what they use to be. Either its bad timing for the card to go out or a config problem from the upgrade, even though I down graded. Any idea how to check the driver info or add a driver?

I'd think that UnRAID would work fine with the 8169sc you have.

Try creating a new UnRAID flash drive from scratch (format it and put the latest download for either v5 or v6 (whichever you want to test) on it ... then boot to it and see what speed it connects at.  You do NOT have to (nor do you want to) assign any drives to this ... you just want to access the Web GUI and watch the lights on your switch to see if it's connecting at Gb speed.    If it is, that shows that you have something configured wrong in your setup.

If that resolves it, you could then do the same with your actual UnRAID flash drive [be sure to save you key file so you can copy it back to the drive after you've prepared it ... in fact, I'd copy the entire flash drive to a backup location before you redo it].