Lenovo/IBM 46M0907. Is this SATA card compatible?

theGrok

I have room for 4 more drives in my case, but I am out of SATA ports. This card seems like the perfect solution for me. It has 4xSata ports, plus seems to have 1xSFF-8088 external connector that I could connect to an external cage. It seems to be LSI SAS2008 based so I think that it should work. Does anyone know if it would need to be flashed with special firmware?

Also, I am not sure how the external ports work. Would I be limited to only 4 external drives?

Here are the specs:

https://lenovopress.com/tips0776-6gb-sas-hba

UPDATE: These seem to be rebranded LSI 9212-4i4e. Still not sure if they are compatible

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since no one replied, I took a stab and got one of these cards off Ebay for pretty cheap (59$). I cross-flashed it to LSI IT/ firmware. I connected an old HDD that I had kicking around to one of the SATA ports and fired up UNraid.

1) The drive attached to card shows up in my list of drives that I can assign to the array.

2) I see this in PCI Devices in the GUI under tools-->System Devices.

02:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 02)

3) I see this under system logs:

May 30 21:40:15 Servername kernel: mpt2sas0: LSISAS2008: FWVersion(20.00.07.00), ChipRevision(0x02), BiosVersion(00.00.00.00)

Does it seem like I am good to go? I could not really test the drive further (other than see it as assignable) since I didn't pre-clear it, nor do I really want to leave it in the array. I just wanted to make sure that the SATA card worked and was supported.

If so, pretty happy with the purchase for the price.