Looking for RJ 45 TAGS

opentoe

I consider myself a pretty good searcher on the net, but sometimes just can't find things. I'm looking for RJ45 tags (cat5/e) tags that you would put around the cable and mark it. Now, I'm not looking for those zip tie type tapes. I'm looking for those type of tags that look like small white (or whatever color) barrels. Maybe 1/4 long or so. I've seen just about every tag that you can zip tie to a cable but not snap on one of these. I do know they make them, since my alarm vendor uses them when setting up his network/DVR. He uses all CAT5 and marks each line with a small number he writes on the circular tag. If maybe I can just get the name of what they are, maybe I would get some headway. :)

Any ideas?

I consider myself a pretty good searcher on the net, but sometimes just can't find things. I'm looking for RJ45 tags (cat5/e) tags that you would put around the cable and mark it. Now, I'm not looking for those zip tie type tapes. I'm looking for those type of tags that look like small white (or whatever color) barrels. Maybe 1/4 long or so. I've seen just about every tag that you can zip tie to a cable but not snap on one of these. I do know they make them, since my alarm vendor uses them when setting up his network/DVR. He uses all CAT5 and marks each line with a small number he writes on the circular tag. If maybe I can just get the name of what they are, maybe I would get some headway. :)

Any ideas?

I haven't seen those, but if your alarm vendor uses those, they might know where to get it?

I work with so many vendors and projects at one time, it would be tough asking the alarm company what kind of part they use for wiring. They also have over 20 offices they work out of and I only talk to our rep. He said anything like that would be labeled under "misc" on an invoice.

These are the closest ones I have found. I went to Ebay the other day and I found one bid that was selling 1000 plain while pieces for $10. I could never find that add again. Yea, history deleted. They look like candy. As long as a penny, and has one opening where you just place the cat5 over it and it snaps right on to the cable very nicely easily to be labeled.

I did check Brian B's site, but didn't have them, except in huge diameter for pipes.

UPDATE: I do have a lead. This place sells them but with numbers/letters on them already. That't not too bad! Getting close. They call them Plastic Wire Markers. :( And they don't make 24GW size.

http://www.cableorganizer.com/hellermann-tyton/plastic-wire-markers/

Or just use a label maker.

That is what I do, and it works very well. :)

My company will buy just about anything I ask, and I have several label makers. Even using the extra strength tape, that stuff peels off. They are those black cartridges you plug in the back of the thermal device.

My company will buy just about anything I ask, and I have several label makers. Even using the extra strength tape, that stuff peels off. They are those black cartridges you plug in the back of the thermal device.

Staple the labels to the cable.  That'll work......  8)

You're using them wrong.  Most labels out of label makers have blank areas at the start and at the end.  Cut off the end blank section and then wrap it around the cable (wrapping it to itself).  It'll be a major pain to get them off.

Get your work to buy a 3D Printer so you can make your own cable clips.

Man, you guys exploiting me real bad with the jokes. Go hit up some of the new guys, huh? :)

Nah. The new guys get upset, the old hands get even! Way more fun..... 

You've been here before mate you know how it works!  ;D

Proof...

Get your work to buy a 3D Printer so you can make your own cable clips.

Man, you guys exploiting me real bad with the jokes. Go hit up some of the new guys, huh? :)

Nah. The new guys get upset, the old hands get even! Way more fun..... 

You've been here before mate you know how it works!  ;D

Proof...

This forum is the only place I've found where you can find good tech advice, good fun, and pretty much the only people that stick it out over the long haul are decent folks. The ratio of decent fun guys with deep tech background to self righteous know it all jerks is the best I've ever come across. Sometimes we can even convince the jerks to stick it out and become nice guys. Sometimes not <coughbusdrivercough>

I think a lot of it has to do with the average age of the long time posters. 50 years old is probably a good guess for the average.

Speak for yourself. I'm just about still on the right side of 40....

With a mental age of a 8 year old....

Which averages out to about 24, when I still had a luscious head of thick beautiful hair, and women falling at my feet. (Well, one out of two isn't bad)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk