6TB Disks for $280

my first drive was a 20mb hard drive for I think $400. rll controller cost a bit too.

That was only $20,000,000.00 / TB ... a STEAL compared to my first drive  :)

[Mine was a 14" 26MB Seagate Winchester unit that I got for 10% off, so it only cost me $4500 ... including the S-100 controller card for it]

my first drive was a 20mb hard drive for I think $400. rll controller cost a bit too.

That was only $20,000,000.00 / TB ... a STEAL compared to my first drive  :)

[Mine was a 14" 26MB Seagate Winchester unit that I got for 10% off, so it only cost me $4500 ... including the S-100 controller card for it]

A bit before my time! I do remember mfm and rll drives, before moving up to the ide drives around '86 I think.

• 2 weeks later...

SCSI's still around.  A good many of the servers on here use it (SAS).  You can also still get regular SCSI drives and controllers, they are just getting more and more rare.  Have an old Compaq server on my junk shelf at work with 6 18g UltraSCSI drives in it, in it's day it was damned expensive, lol.  I also remember the first drives that came out in the 5.25" sizes, I'm thinking my first was a either a 5m or a 10m 5.25 FH drive (ST-506 I think), but I can't remember how much it was.  I do remember getting an RLL controller and formatting it to about 7.5m, but it didn't last too long after that, lol.  I ended up with a slew of ST-225's back in the day, and I absolutely remember having to run Spinrite on any that I ended up formatting RLL too, lol.