[SOLVED] Move disks or data between unRAID servers ?

OK, I'm a newbie, but I've searched official/unofficial UG's and the forums and googled for answers to this question but found very little relevant info, unless I'm missing something.

So would really welcome some clear advice/guidance

I need to upgrade from a small/test, mITX-based unRAID server using onboard SATA controller, to a MUCH bigger platform with an LSI PCI-e controller on an AMD quad core Mobo.

The smaller rig is also running v6-beta and the larger rig will likely be running the official, Pro version, ie v5, at least in principle

Is it possible to move DATA DISKS between unRAID servers without losing the data, even between servers with different controllers, or do I need to copy the data between shares.

If so, how and what if any disk/share parameters have to be set exactly the same (in the target server) to ensure complete success

I have seen only one or two relevant threads about this but none discussed the potential impact of different controllers/platforms.

This will it be helpful to know this from a recovery options point of view, but will also save me a LOADS of time and agravation if it were possible.

Thanks

Many thanks - so basically it's NOT possible to move disks between a server running on a trial license (which doesn't support a flash disk) and one running on a Plus/Pro license (which does support a flash disk) but do-able between Plus/Pro servers.

I think there is some confusion here!

The flash disk that is being talked about is the one that unRAID is booted from - and this is identical in all versions of unRAID regardless of the license being used.