Feature Request: Migrate data automatically from drives to be removed

Hi,

Drivebender (windows drivepooling software) has a cool feature that allows you to transfer the data from a hard-drive before it can be pulled from the 'array'.  While this does take a while, it ensures that the drive to be removed is empty and that the data is on the other drives according to the balancing style selected.

What is the chance of this feature being incorporated in to the webgui?  I realise that we can do this using MC but really I think it should be part of the webgui and can be done very simply and seamlessly.  Would make upgrading those old drives less painful in my opinion.

Cheers,

Chris

all good :0

there are a couple of pretty heavy threads about this that i cant locate right now. Essentially they discuss means to remove or upgrade a drive in such a  way that you dont have any point where you have no parity. I am confident it will happen one day as these are IMHO very common RAID actions that could be done better.