Issue with Acronis True Image 2014

I just finished setting up my UnRaid box, and am trying to set my other machines to backup to it. I created a share (\\Tower\Acronis\) on the server, created an acronis user on it, allowed the user read / write access... everything seemed to be going great. I tested the share by dropping the UNC path into the Windows run line on one of my boxes, and it popped open with no issues.

Now here's where it goes wrong. I go to set up the backup in Acronis, hit Browse to set the location, type in the UNC path to the share, and get a message that "The specified path does not exist. Please enter a correct path."

If I put the UNC path of one of my other Windows boxes in (\\SomeBox\C$\) I'm prompted for login credentials. For some reason Acronis just doesn't detect that there's a valid share on my UnRaid box.

Did I not configure the share / server correctly?

I have 2011 True Image so it could be different.  But when I created my "backup" folder I never created a user.  Matter of fact that unRAID box has no users defined at all.  The shares are all public everybody can read and write to it.  My 2011 True Image works well backing up to it from my Windows 7 PCs.

Turns out my Windows install is hosed.

I was looking at the manual for Acronis and noticed that I do not have the network (formerly known as my network places) tree to browse to in the backup destination. I started digging into this box further and have a lot of weirdness going on. Property pages won't load, Control panel icons do nothing... something went very south here.

I'll restore the one backup I have on a secondary drive and see what happens.