unRAID Server Version 6.2.2 Available

limetech

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Upgrade Notes

If you are upgrading from unRAID Server 6.1.x or earlier, please refer to the Version 6.2.0 release post for important upgrade information.

Release Notes

There are two main fixes in this releases:

1. A linux kernel upgrade to address the Dirty COW vulnerability (CVE-2016-5195).  This vulnerability does not affect stock unRAID OS but may affect certain Docker containers.  We also suggest you upgrade your linux-based VM's as appropriate.

2. Another linux kernel fix for the "ReiserFS extended attributes are broken" bug.

Known Issues

• NFS connectivity issues with some media players.  I have fired up an old Popcorn Hour C-200 (great media player btw), and do not see any issues using NFS.  A user also let us borrow a Mede8r and guess what?  Can't get it to happen  >:(  (ie, works for me).  I have created a topic in the Defect Reports board to discuss this.  If you are experiencing this problem, please post over there.
  • Reported performance issues with some low/mid range hardware.  No movement on this yet.
  • Spindown of SAS and other pure-SCSI devices assigned to the parity-protected array does not work (but SATA devices attached to SAS controller does work).  No movement on this yet.

unRAID Server OS Change Log
===========================

Version 6.2.2 2016-10-21
------------------------

Linux kernel:

- version 4.4.26 (CVE-2016-5195)
- reiserfs: incorporated patch from SUSE to fix broken extended attributes bug

Management:

- shutdown: save diagnostics and additional logging in event of cmdStop timeout
- webGui: Fixed: Windows unable to extract diagnostics zip file

Version 6.2.1 2016-10-04
------------------------

Base distro:

- curl: version 7.50.3 (CVE-2016-7167)
- gnutls: version 3.4.15 (CVE-2015-6251)
- netatalk: version 3.1.10
- openssl: version 1.0.2j (CVE-2016-7052, CVE-2016-6304, CVE-2016-6305, CVE-2016-2183, CVE-2016-6303, CVE-2016-6302, CVE-2016-2182, CVE-2016-2180, CVE-2016-2177, CVE-2016-2178, CVE-2016-2179, CVE-2016-2181, CVE-2016-6306, CVE-2016-6307, CVE-2016-6308)
- php: version 5.6.26 (CVE-2016-7124, CVE-2016-7125, CVE-2016-7126, CVE-2016-7127, CVE-2016-7128, CVE-2016-7129, CVE-2016-7130, CVE-2016-7131, CVE-2016-7132, CVE-2016-7133, CVE-2016-7134, CVE-2016-7416, CVE-2016-7412, CVE-2016-7414, CVE-2016-7417, CVE-2016-7411, CVE-2016-7413, CVE-2016-7418)

Linux kernel:

- version 4.4.23 (CVE-2016-0758, CVE-2016-6480)
- added config options:
  - CONFIG_SENSORS_I5500: Intel 5500/5520/X58 temperature sensor

Management:

- bug fix: For file system type "auto", only attempt btrfs,xfs,reiserfs mounts.
- bug fix: For docker.img and libvirt.img, if path on /mnt/ check for mountpoint on any subdir component, not just second subdir.
- bug fix: During shutdown force continue if array stop taking too long.
- bug fix: Handle case in 'mover' where rsync may move a file but also return error status.
- md/unraid: Fix bug where case of no data disks improperly detected.
- webGui: Add "Shutdown time-out" control on Disk Settings page.

Version 6.2 2016-09-15
----------------------

- stable release version

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the NFS issue mentioned in the previous releases fixed?

Maybe it might be good to have a standard bit in the release notes of: "Known Issues" which says none, if there are none??

What? Like this?  ;)

Known Issues

• NFS connectivity issues with some media players. I have fired up an old Popcorn Hour C-200 (great media player btw), and do not see any issues using NFS.  A user also let us borrow a Mede8r and guess what?  Can't get it to happen  >:(  (ie, works for me).  I have created a topic in the Defect Reports board to discuss this.  If you are experiencing this problem, please post over there.
  • Reported performance issues with some low/mid range hardware.  No movement on this yet.
  • Spindown of SAS and other pure-SCSI devices assigned to the parity-protected array does not work (but SATA devices attached to SAS controller does work).  No movement on this yet.

Just out of curiosity, where are these logs/diagnostics saved?

Root of USB boot flash under logs directory.  In unRAID console would be /boot/logs

i've always wondered why the flash is not shared as 'boot' rather than 'flash' to keep things consistent.    Was there a particular reason for this or is the current situation just an 'accident of history'.

Just out of curiosity, where are these logs/diagnostics saved?

Root of USB boot flash under logs directory.  In unRAID console would be /boot/logs

i've always wondered why the flash is not shared as 'boot' rather than 'flash' to keep things consistent.    Was there a particular reason for this or is the current situation just an 'accident of history'.

A better question might be why is it /boot and not /flash?  Yeah it's historical.  Traditionally linux systems would create small partition on a hdd to store boot loader, kernel image, initrd, etc. and the traditional name for this is /boot.  But when unRaid was first created I was trying to hide linux as much as possible, hence it made sense to call the exported share something other than "boot".  I chose "flash" because "thumbdrive" was too long  ;)

Hi

I'm 11h38m(69%) into my first parity sync/rebuild after upgrading from V5 to V6 and all my drives have spun down except for the parity.

Is that normal?

I dont remember seeing that happen in V5 or earlier, they always used to be spinning till near the end of the check.

I  have observed that the data drives spin down after the check has finish (delayed I assume by the "Spin Down Delay" setting) on my Test Bed server for quite a few releases on.  The parity check will always verify that parity is correct on the parity drive even when it is the only disk involved!

NOTE: This assumes that your parity drive is larger than some (or all) of the data disks which appears to the case with your server. 

Hi

I'm 11h38m(69%) into my first parity sync/rebuild after upgrading from V5 to V6 and all my drives have spun down except for the parity.

Is that normal?

I dont remember seeing that happen in V5 or earlier, they always used to be spinning till near the end of the check.

Yes, that's normal (assuming your parity drive is larger than all your other drives).    It's done that "forever" -- v4, v5, and v6  (can't say for sure about pre-v4 versions, but I suspect that was true then as well.    Any drive that's no longer involved in the check will spin down after whatever spin-down delay time you have set.

Hi

Is that normal?

Thanks for the responses...parity is all good

Yes, that's normal (assuming your parity drive is larger than all your other drives).    It's done that "forever" -- v4, v5, and v6  (can't say for sure about pre-v4 versions, but I suspect that was true then as well.    Any drive that's no longer involved in the check will spin down after whatever spin-down delay time you have set.

Upgraded from 6.1.9 to 6.2.2 yesterday without issues.

All the info gathered by the mods and included in the 2nd post of the 6.2 release thread was invaluable.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51874.msg497876#msg497876

Parity sync was finished this morning and I have two valid parity drives.

The only thing left on my to do list is to pull the cord for the UPS out of the wall and verify I get a clean shutdown of unRAID and my VM's.

BTW, I had to go to 6.2.1 first as 6.2.2 didn't show as an update until 6.2.1 was installed.

Once 6.2.1 was up and running, 6.2.2 showed as an available update.

Not sure if that is by design or not so I thought I would throw that out there.

Anyways, I'm really happy with how the upgrade process went.

Very good work guys!  8)

... got Community Applications corrupted...

What exactly do you mean?

The txz got corrupted somehow on the flash drive

Oct 23 18:22:52 TOWER root: Verifying package community.applications-2016.10.13.txz.
Oct 23 18:22:52 TOWER root: Installing package community.applications-2016.10.13.txz:
Oct 23 18:22:52 TOWER root: PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Oct 23 18:22:52 TOWER root: WARNING:  Package has not been created with 'makepkg'
Oct 23 18:22:52 TOWER root: Package community.applications-2016.10.13.txz installed.
Oct 23 18:22:52 TOWER root: 
Oct 23 18:22:52 TOWER root: 

No clue, but a uninstall / reinstall fixed it..