AVS-10/4 Availability

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If it's OK to revive this.... is this available?

It's a bit confusing: if I go via the home page to products/avs-10-4 I end up at http://lime-technology.com/configure-and-buy-avs-104/ where it says "Temporarily out of stock".

If I go to http://lime-technology.com/avs-104-server/ (thank you, Google) there is an Ordering & Shipping tab that takes me to www.ewebcart.com where I seem to be able to place an order.

I don't want to pay and then find out it's out of stock and have the headache of getting the money back. Of course, the checkout option might not let me proceed, but I thought I would check here first. As I'm not in the USA, the shipping adds a lot to the cost as well, so it's a bit too much to play around with.

This is my question too.  I want to buy some hardware from Limetech.

I bought my current system about 8 years ago.  Its getting pretty aged and I've had to rip it apart to fix a couple things.  I'm down a slot that no longer works and all the others are full.  Its making weird noises again so I may need internal repairs again.  I told myself I'd wait for ver 6 before I bought anything.  I see it is now out.  Kinda hurts that the Canadian dollar is down.  I've got no complaints about the current box.  Its been running all day every day for 8 years.  Its done its duty great.  The only time I've lost data is when I took a stupid risk and did something I knew might bite me.  (and it did)

Just had another drive die.  But thanks to unraid I lost no data.  This time I chose to shrink the array instead of buying a replacement drive.  I'm a mix of of 500GB, 1, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0TB.  I want to get a new system and start with three 4TB drives.  Then I'll move data over and start moving the existing data drives over as I empty them out.  The current box has a 3TB parity drive so It was either buy another 3TB or shrink it.  I shrunk it as I want to be buying nothing smaller then 4TB drives in the future.

I have no interest in building a system from scratch.  Those days are behind me.  I just want a system that works.  I trust Limetech.  They sold me a great box years ago.  Time for another.

Is there any word on when they will have stuff back in stock?

In the meantime,  it looks like I need to  upgrade to ver 6 and see what this new stuff is all about.

lol.  Just checked.  I'll still have one 320GB Original drive left in the box.  Thats left over from when I first bought it.

This is my question too.  I want to buy some hardware from Limetech.

I bought my current system about 8 years ago.  Its getting pretty aged and I've had to rip it apart to fix a couple things.  I'm down a slot that no longer works and all the others are full.  Its making weird noises again so I may need internal repairs again.  I told myself I'd wait for ver 6 before I bought anything.  I see it is now out.  Kinda hurts that the Canadian dollar is down.  I've got no complaints about the current box.  Its been running all day every day for 8 years.  Its done its duty great.  The only time I've lost data is when I took a stupid risk and did something I knew might bite me.  (and it did)

Just had another drive die.  But thanks to unraid I lost no data.  This time I chose to shrink the array instead of buying a replacement drive.  I'm a mix of of 500GB, 1, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0TB.  I want to get a new system and start with three 4TB drives.  Then I'll move data over and start moving the existing data drives over as I empty them out.  The current box has a 3TB parity drive so It was either buy another 3TB or shrink it.  I shrunk it as I want to be buying nothing smaller then 4TB drives in the future.

I have no interest in building a system from scratch.  Those days are behind me.  I just want a system that works.  I trust Limetech.  They sold me a great box years ago.  Time for another.

Is there any word on when they will have stuff back in stock?

In the meantime,  it looks like I need to  upgrade to ver 6 and see what this new stuff is all about.

lol.  Just checked.  I'll still have one 320GB Original drive left in the box.  Thats left over from when I first bought it.

I can not speak for Limetech but I talk to Tom and the guys every so often.  Last I talked to them was about 2 weeks ago and there was no ETA on their server builds.

On that note, and maybe a shameless plug, if you are looking for something I also build servers.  Just follow the link in my sig to see what we have as "standard" builds.  If you want something a little more custom or have any questions just drop us a line via the contact us on the website.

+1 on Greenleaf.    While personally I do all my own builds, I have referred several folks to Greenleaf and have had nothing but good feedback from those who have used them.

I think the AVS-10/4 is a VERY nice build, but since LimeTech hasn't been able to replenish their stock of parts for them, there's no telling how long it might be until you could get one.  If you don't want to wait, Greenleaf is an excellent alternative.

I do like the AVS-10/4 but I'm not sure 10 reg drives is enough. I suppose its more then enough If I switch to bigger drives but I intend to keep using my existing ones where possible then replace them with bigger drives when they die.

Shameless plugs are fine. ;D

Nice, I see a couple of possible units there I'd be interested in. Any with SSD drives for virtual servers? Granted I've not yet looked at v6 so don't know how things run or what the requirements are for various tasks. I can see lots of possibilities just from my brief reading about v6. Up till now my box has been strictly storage. But I assume I'd want some SSD and a bit more memory then default if I was doing more then just storage.

Those look good. I'll have to upgrade to v6 and start playing, then decide what I want this new box to do and what the requirements would be. Then I can look a bit more closely at the greenleaf site.

I will be buying from someone. I'm not building. Thanks for the info.

I do like the AVS-10/4 but I'm not sure 10 reg drives is enough. I suppose its more then enough If I switch to bigger drives but I intend to keep using my existing ones where possible then replace them with bigger drives when they die.

Shameless plugs are fine. ;D

Nice, I see a couple of possible units there I'd be interested in. Any with SSD drives for virtual servers? Granted I've not yet looked at v6 so don't know how things run or what the requirements are for various tasks. I can see lots of possibilities just from my brief reading about v6. Up till now my box has been strictly storage. But I assume I'd want some SSD and a bit more memory then default if I was doing more then just storage.

Those look good. I'll have to upgrade to v6 and start playing, then decide what I want this new box to do and what the requirements would be. Then I can look a bit more closely at the greenleaf site.

I will be buying from someone. I'm not building. Thanks for the info.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to use the contact link on the website.

• 3 weeks later...

Still hoping for some definitive word on the availability of the AVS-10/4. Yes, I've tried emails to both support and sales, but no response. It would just be so helpful to know whether the AVS-10/4 is still being sold. If it's not, that's OK, at least I know it's not an option to consider. I'm a little puzzled about why there's no official word on this.

• 1 month later...