unRAID Server Release 6.1 Available

I just upgraded to v6.1 and it all seemed to work fine but now i can't seem to see my disks browsing from the network any longer. i used to be able to see the disks as shares and i could work with the actual files on those disks but now they are not visible.  Is there a setting that i need to turn on to see them again?

Thanks

James

See the release notes in the first post of this thread about Enable Disk Shares.

Sorry just missed that entire section  :-[. thanks...

thanks

James

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For What its worth, I just upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.1 through the plugins update page, after reading the LT had updated the version for download on github, and still got the message in the log about "dyanmix"

Sep  1 21:19:01 Server crond[1444]: exit status 127 from user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dyanmix/scripts/monitor &> /dev/null

It is still required to disable and re-enable system notifications on the notification settings page.

I just upgraded to v6.1 and it all seemed to work fine but now i can't seem to see my disks browsing from the network any longer. i used to be able to see the disks as shares and i could work with the actual files on those disks but now they are not visible.  Is there a setting that i need to turn on to see them again?

Thanks

James

See the release notes in the first post of this thread about Enable Disk Shares.

thanks

James

Did you update via Plugin 'Check for Updates'?

Just updated the first of 3 towers… update via the web update was a full failure.  The following saved my skin and got me up and running again.

System Specs ? http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27955.0

5.05 original, using 6.0 since stable then 6.0.1 since available in the plugins/update:  Removed all plugins for the 5->6.0 move, then installed PreclearDisks, Powerdown, Dynamix Cache, Dynamix Active Streams, Community Applications (no dockers implemented on this rig yet – no VM).

Ran a pairty check, zero errors just like every monthly check for the last 2.5+ years.  Rebooted, updated all plugins (except OS, left at 6.0.1) then Rebooted.

Updated to 6.1 then rebooted… and IPMI indicates not the Lime-Tech splash but a message saying 'boot failure' (side note, lovely java change in browsers made enabling the supermicro ipmi a major pita).

Tried flash stick in another rig, no boot joy.

Tried copying over bzroot/image from the 6.1 download zip, no joy.

Tried reverting to the prior 6.0.1, no joy.

Copied the contents of the flash to my main PC, formatted the firefly, ran a fresh 6.1 install/make bootable, booted fine into clean install.

Copied the copy of saved flash back to the flash, now boots into 6.1 fine. (rebooted multiple times)  … running another parity check now but all looks good!

Thanks

James

thanks

James

Did you update via Plugin 'Check for Updates'?

I updated manually because i am on ESXi v6 and boot with a vmkd hd image with the usb passed through for the configs etc...

thanks

James

I just tried to update from 6.1RC1 to 6.1. I did manually by coping the two respective files from the zip file to my flash disk.

Unfortunately, I can no now longer boot into Unraid. I have an endless loop at the "seöection screen" (Unraid, Unraid safe mode, memtest). Now, my whole sever is down and unsuable.

How can I fix this asap? Thanks in advance!!!

I just tried to update from 6.1RC1 to 6.1. I did manually by coping the two respective files from the zip file to my flash disk.

Unfortunately, I can no now longer boot into Unraid. I have an endless loop at the "seöection screen" (Unraid, Unraid safe mode, memtest). Now, my whole sever is down and unsuable.

Take your flash drive, stick it in a laptop and post what your syslinux.cfg says in it (It's in the syslinux folder)

I would start by pulling that flash drive and running chkdsk on it in a windows machine.  (There is a similar program on the Mac.)  Before putting that drive back into your server, double-check what you did and make sure that the bzroot and bzimage files have the right date and proper size.  Check against your downloaded zip file.

Take your flash drive, stick it in a laptop and post what your syslinux.cfg says in it (It's in the syslinux folder)

Thanks. Here we go:

default /syslinux/menu.c32

menu title Lime Technology

prompt 0

timeout 50

label unRAID OS

menu default

kernel /bzimage

append initrd=/bzroot

label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins)

kernel /bzimage

append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode

label Memtest86+

kernel /memtest

I would start by pulling that flash drive and running chkdsk on it in a windows machine.  (There is a similar program on the Mac.)  Before putting that drive back into your server, double-check what you did and make sure that the bzroot and bzimage files have the right date and proper size.  Check against your downloaded zip file.

Actually Frank's approach sounds better, more generic and will rule out more problems in the first instance than my advice.  Do that first..

Thanks. Here we go:

default /syslinux/menu.c32

menu title Lime Technology

prompt 0

timeout 50

label unRAID OS

menu default

kernel /bzimage

append initrd=/bzroot

label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins)

kernel /bzimage

append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode

label Memtest86+

kernel /memtest

So that looks fine, do what Frank says as I mentioned in my post above, then redownload the Unraid files manually from here, extract on your desktop and copy bzimage & bzroot onto the flash drive.

Then try booting from it again.  Also worthwhile making a backup of the contents of your flash drive first as well.

The missing disk is a disk that has long been removed from the array / server. The cache disk now also shows a different disk. All is messed up. Is there a roll-back function or how else can I save the system?

Sounds like your config files have become corrupted or something.  Do you know which drives go where?

Does not sound good. I think I know. I know for sure which one should be cache drive. And then the wrongly assigned cache drive should probably be the missing disk. The issue is that I cannot assign it like this as it says wrong disk.

Very important that you don't start the array! You absolutely must know which disk is parity!

It sounds like your config/super.dat file is not current. Do you have any data disks that were formerly used as a parity disk? There has been more than one person that started up with a super.dat that did not match their current configuration and unRAID started writing parity to one of their data disks that was formerly the parity disk.

Sounds scary... Worst-case, I could just do a new config, isn't it?

Where to email the two files to?

You could do a new config but you'd need to be 110% sure which disks are which, actually make that 120%...

If you assign a data disk as the parity drive then you'll lose the data on it. And your old parity won't be valid. Which means if a disk has failed without valid parity in place you can't reconstruct the data.

I would only need to know which one is parity? If I mix up disk 1 and disk 2 (of the array), this would not be an issue as I am rebuilding the parity anyways? Right? So, as long as I remember which one is the parity disk, I am "safe" and can do a new config?

You can find out which drive is parity by trying to assign all drives as data drives. If only one drive shows up without a filesystem, that is the parity drive.

It does sound like you restored an older super.dat file to your re-prepared flash drive.  If you can find the latest CORRECT super.dat, that would be best.  It is always in the /config folder of your boot flash, or any backup you have.

You can examine the super.dat for the correct drives (but not the cache drive), by the following command at a command prompt (ignore the garbage characters, they're harmless) -

strings /boot/config/super.dat

Or anywhere at -

strings /path_to_it/super.dat

The first drive listed is the parity drive.