Roll bsck to V5

TODDLT

I want to roll back to V5 to test my SAS2LP card in my old setup.  I'll only be doing this for an hour or so to test and then going back to V6. 

I have full backups of my flash drive in V5 and V6,

However, I did change a couple drives since converting to V6.

Can I just copy the disk.cfg file out of the config folder from V6 into the V5 config folder?

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks.

I want to roll back to V5 to test my SAS2LP card in my old setup.  I'll only be doing this for an hour or so to test and then going back to V6. 

Can I just copy the disk.cfg file out of the config folder from V6 into the V5 config folder?

Thanks.

config/super.dat is where your array configuration is stored. If you make a backup of that file over the network with the array running then unRAID will assume an unclean shutdown if you restore it. You can copy it over the network with the array stopped if you have the flash shared.

config/disk.cfg just has some gui settings for your disks.

You can't go back to v5 if you have any disks that are xfs or btrfs.

I think it would be a good idea to set the array to not autostart so you can look things over before turning it loose. That setting is in config/disk.cfg

Thanks.

config/super.dat is where your array configuration is stored. If you make a backup of that file over the network with the array running then unRAID will assume an unclean shutdown if you restore it. You can copy it over the network with the array stopped if you have the flash shared.

I think it would be a good idea to set the array to not autostart so you can look things over before turning it loose. That setting is in config/disk.cfg

OK let me make sure I have this straight. 

1. Stop the Array

2. go to shared Flash and copy super.dat file pasting it into the config folder in my old V5 backup

3. go into disk.cfg folder of the V5 backup and set it to not autostart. 

Use this value startArray="no"

4. ensure V6 is copied to a safe place and replace all files on the flash with the modified V5 backup.

5. reboot, check drive positions and start the array.

no xfs or btrfs

thanks and sorry for double checking, just dont want to make a silly mistake.

Thanks.

1. Stop the Array

2. go to shared Flash and copy super.dat file pasting it into the config folder in my old V5 backup

4. ensure V6 is copied to a safe place and replace all files on the flash with the modified V5 backup.

no xfs or btrfs

I think that should work, but I haven't tried it. About the only way you could hurt something is if it thinks one of your data drives is parity. That has happened to more than one person who used an old super.dat.

Thanks.

1. Stop the Array

no xfs or btrfs

I think that should work, but I haven't tried it. About the only way you could hurt something is if it thinks one of your data drives is parity. That has happened to more than one person who used an old super.dat.

Thanks I have a drive map so will double check the drive setup before starting the array.  I'll drop a note here later when I try this.