My Lian Li 343B Build

Here is my build.  Originally started out with CM590 but moved to the Lian Li 343 for more capacity.  I'm posting this because I'm pretty much done with this build.  Next up I will be building a new system as I don't like the idea of a 60 - 80TB array that takes ages to rebuild a failed disk.  I have "modded" the 4-in-3's and 5-in-3 with some Arctic F8's connected to the NZXT Fan controller and then stuck the temperature probes on the outside of the enclosure exhaust.

OS at time of posting: unRAID 5.0-beta12

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2650e

Motherboard: Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe + Diamond Stealth 2500 PCI

RAM: 6gb Hynix DDR2 (2x2gb + 2x1gb)

Case: Lian Li 343-B

Drive Cage(s): MB455SPF-B x1, MB454SPF-B x4, MB876SK-B x1

Power Supply: Corsair HX650W

SATA Expansion Card(s): Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 x2

Fans: Arctic Cooling F8 x5, NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller, Generic 120mm Rear Exhaust Fan

Parity Drive: Hitachi 7K2000

Data Drives: Samsung HD154UI x7, HD203WI, HD204UI/Z4, Seagate ST32000542AS, ST2000DL003 x2, Western Digital WD20EARS x2, WD3200AAJS, WD10EACS x1

Cache Drive: Samsung HD501LJ

Total Drive Capacity: 23.5TB (Actual)

Primary Use: Media Storage

Dislikes: Noisy & Expensive.

Add Ons Used: Slimserver,  cache_dirs

Future Plans: Fill remaining slots and build another server. :)

Boot (peak): 201W

Idle (avg): 105W

Active (avg): 180W

Light use (avg): 120W

u_front.jpg

u_left.jpg

u_right.jpg

That is very interesting case and system. It has growth potential. I wonder why not 24 bay norco case?

That was my innitial thought too, i have a ANtec 1200 case and was planning to put 5-in-1 HDD cases inside...but it's cheaper buying an NORCO RPC-4224 440€ or around 399$

Those 5-in-ones don't come cheap especially from Icy-dock!

WOW nice build!! Love the NZXT fan controller too! w00t!

I would love to build one of these with 30 drives. But then again, 30 drives is an awful lot and freakin' heavy.

My 20 drive build in a cooler master stacker gave me great pain when I had to move it from the basement to the upper floors before hurricane Irene hit.

Still always loved these Lian Li cube builds!

I was surprised to see this one, I thought they stopped making them a while back.

really nice system!

It isn't a new build, its just that its finally "finished" after about 18 months of building.  ;D  If I was building it today I would definetly use the Norco 4224,  when I bought this,  you had to import the norco 20 bay yourself and it was very expensive. I'm very satisfied with the end result,  just a little buyers remorse about the fact the case and hot swap bays cost me about £600 (950usd?)