IBM M1015 vs SuperMicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 vs Dell PERC H310

Hi -

I've been trying to pick up an IBM M1015 on eBay for a reasonable price - no luck, I think some of you outbid me  :D.  I don't have any reason to prefer an LSI based card, they just looked interesting.  Since I haven't had any luck with the M1015, I've been planning to pick up an SAS2LP-MV8 from NewEgg.  I saw some notes on the Dell card, though - they are a) reasonably cheap, but b) seem to have had some issues flashing them to IT mode.

Is there any reason to prefer any of these x8 cards to the others?

Thanks.

Thanks.  I gather from threads here that the LSI based cards support S3 sleep mode, which isn't a factor for me.  I've also seen some suggestions that they may be a bit faster though I have not see it quantified.

Does it mostly come down to the buying decision?  I.e. - price, availability, return options, etc.?  I would have guessed there might be more considerations like compatibility and performance of 8 slot x8 cards but it makes things easier if they are more of a commodity item.

• 1 month later...