unRAID Server Release 5.0.5-i386 Available

limetech

Download

Please see

readme.txt

in the release zip file for installation/upgrade instructions.

This is a maintenance release:

Changes from 5.0.4 to 5.0.5
---------------------------
- flash: in make_bootable.bat, include 'f' switch to syslinux invokation to handle devices not marked "removeable"
- linux: added all the netfilter options
- slack: added libcurl mistakenly not included in 5.0.4
- slack: upgrade reiserfsprogs from 3.6.21 to 3.6.24
- webGui: fixes in "indexer" Browse page per forum user "nars" (thank you)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to verify, your new WebGui has not been updated for this version?

As of posting this, I have not yet pushed the updated webGui to github, but that is next on my list.  What I'm going to do is remove the current repo and upload a new one, i.e., a "do over"

Plan is to push current 'webGui-master' (same as was released with unRaid 6.0-beta1) to github.  Then once the update mechanism is verified working, I'll release a 5.0.6 with that capability (or you can manually install before 5.0.6 is released).

upgraded, copied over: make_bootable.bat, bzroot, bzimage, readme.txt. rebooted server. so far so good.

Samba version 3.6.21

Linux version 3.9.11p-unRAID (root@Develop) (gcc version 4.4.4 (GCC) )

Slackware 13.1.0

I followed the direction on how to upgrade UnRaid like I've always done.  With the exception that this time it didn't work.  So, I thought may be I have to run the make bootable again.  That didn't work either.  So, I re-installed V5.0, which is the one I never had an issue with installing before, and reverting back to 5.0 worked.

I then only copied bzroot and bzimage and not the .cfg file, and it worked fine.  However, I've noticed that my server doesn't do the beeping sound anymore when I turn it off or on.  So, I am thinking of doing a clean re-install to the latest UnRaid.

"Quote from: bonienl

on Today at 10:27:09 AM"

upgraded without any issues - using Dynamix webGui  ;D

"Posted  from: trurl

on: Today at 06:40:29 PM"

Me too!

Dynamix GUI

What is dynamix GUI?  Is this part of unraid now, or a bolt-on like the other gui's?

another SF type clone. nothing official

I suppose it's a silly question, but how should I make a proper upgrade of my unRaid (5.04)?

Yup, silly indeed.  Did you try reading the readme.txt file in the first post?

From the release notes:

If you are currently running unRAID Server OS release 5.0.x

-----------------------------------------------------------

- Starting with release 5.0.4, a new script called 'make_bootable_mac' is included in the

zip file.  In addition, a new directory called 'syslinux' has been created to contain all of the

syslinux-specific files.

If all you are doing is upgrading from a previous 5.0.x release, you only need to copy 'bzimage',

'bzroot', and 'readme.txt' from the release zip file to your Flash and then reboot your server - this

will still work.  You can also copy 'memtest' if you want the new version.

Alternately, you may set up your flash the same as in the zip file.  Probably the easiest way to

accomplish this is to back up your 'config' directory and then install this release according to

"Installation on a New Flash Device" below.  Before ejecting your flash, restore the 'config'

directory from your back up.