Sick Beard Alternative for movies

G'day all,

Would anyone know of a package that I can put on unraid which will sort out all of my movie files like Sick Beard sorts out all of the movie files in the same fashion? Then we can see what we have of series of movies and things too?  I am looking for something that will just list them all as well as looking for new series or something.  The first would be great, the latter half would be awesome...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alistair

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that, Couch potatoe looks at movies but it only looks at downloading them but not sorting them.

I'm not sure what you mean by sorting them.  Movies are not grouped by episodes like TV shows.  If you're meaning covers, fanart, actors, synopsis, etc, then you need a movie scraper.  Plex Media Server does this for XBMC devices, there's also YAMJ for Popcorn Hours, etc.

What Benni-chan said. Couch Potato will sort and rename the movies into folders to a specified location. I actually used it to do a complete initial sort and rename on all of my ripped collection too. Just rip your DVD / Bluray / HD-DVD and drop it into the watched folder (the movie itself needs to be in a folder of its own). It doesn't have any "Library" similar to SickBeard, but it certainly does more than just look for and download movies.

Not quite sure I follow on watching for a new series. Are you referring to watching for sequels for movies (Harry Potter series, or any new Ghost in the Shell movie, etc)? Never seen anything that could do that, and honestly not quite sure how it could be accomplished.  Since TV Series tend to have expected seasons with specified air dates, being able to watch for these is easy.  Movies tend to just be one offs, with the possibility of sequels being up in the air.  Maybe I'm not understanding what you're asking???

Sickbeard for TV + Couch Potato for Movies + Usenet is the perfect combination for me.

well i think the OP would like a program that catalogs the movies he has (like xbmc or plex does) but also keeps an eye out for wanted movies and IF a movie gets deleted somehow (bad disks or user error) that it would redownload the missing movie ...

sickbeard is awesome about that .. kid accidently deleted some of his cartoons and sickbeard just redownloaded them ... without me having to search for them

if couchpotato could do similar that would be awesome ....

maybe also dld first TS or R5 (even cam if you are desperate) and then finally dld 720p when it is out ....

• 1 year later...

Can you use couchpotato with torrents/???

Yes you can use torrents with Couch Potatoe.  The issue is not the downloading of the movies, it is sorting into the the right folders, and getting all the shit together for it.  I tried the Media Plex thing, and it did some of it, however I just did it manually, and it ended up being faster (if you do a job, do it right and well the first time) as they say.

Thanks for your input all.

AC

at the moment, couchpotato only sorts the movie into one directory. this feature is called "renamer".

but you can add subdirectories here, if you'd like. using the naming scheme for files and directories, you can simply add a / in the directory name, to create a subfolder.

some use it, to sort movies into SD and HD folders.

This is how I would do it...take it for what it is worth:

1> Get Influencers Couch Potato v2 plugin

2> Create a new share on your unraid (eg: Movies-TMP)

3> Setup CouchPotato (For now, as sorting is the priority, spend your time setting up the "Renamer" options:

Cleanup:                UNCHECKED
To:                         /mnt/user0/Movies-TMP
Folder Naming:      <namethe> (<year> )

If you have other files named properly (the same name as the movies but with different extensions) you can check "Advanced Settings" in the top right and enabile "Move Leftover".  Personally, I would move the media files then start over with new nfo etc once everything is in place.

4> point "From" back to your SABnzbd download directory

5> Delete empty "Movies" share

6> Rename Movies-TMP to Movies

Now you have a list of movies in CouchPotato, so you can use the standard functions of CouchPotato from V1 to search for movies etc...and you can look at the list of movies you have under "Manage" and do things like tell CouchPotato to look for a better version of an old DVD rip you have.

DISCLAIMER:  This process could take DAYS, I would /strongly/ reccomend that you start with test directory that you /copy/ 10 or so movies into...then watch CP processes that test directory into Movies-TMP.  Please don't take these instructions and follow them blindly, it is always possible that there is a bug in the version of CP you are running that jacks things up majorly....so TEST it until you are totally confidant THEN do the move.  ie: Don't blame me if things don't work right...TEST first.

well i think the OP would like a program that catalogs the movies he has (like xbmc or plex does) but also keeps an eye out for wanted movies and IF a movie gets deleted somehow (bad disks or user error) that it would redownload the missing movie ...

sickbeard is awesome about that .. kid accidently deleted some of his cartoons and sickbeard just redownloaded them ... without me having to search for them

if couchpotato could do similar that would be awesome ....

maybe also dld first TS or R5 (even cam if you are desperate) and then finally dld 720p when it is out ....

You can do that to some extent in v2.  It will create a DB of your movies which you can then use to request an "upgraded" version that is added to the download queue.  When the new version is found, CP replaces the existing one with it.

I'm not sure about auto-adding "missing" movies that were in the Manage list...going to dig into that as it would be a cool feature!