Why no unRAID case badge.

I was going to order a couple of case badges for my server and a friends but I was wondering why we don't have a unRAID case badge. I know we have a Lime Tech badge but could we get some unRAID ones done the same as the Lime Tech ones? It would be nice to have ones saying just unRAID and unRAID Server Plus and unRAID Server Pro.

We are working on text art for unRAID actually as a part of the unRAID 6 release.  I'll post some concepts for you guys to give us some feedback around.  I'm not sure how well this will work on a case badge specifically, but would love to also solicit for ideas that you guys have!  We're open to ideas, but want to keep the look simple.  Here's my desktop background right now as a concept:

unRAID-Store_Protect_Serve_Play.png

Nice colour scheme jonp, modern, simple but classy. It would look good on a black background as well with the RAID or the un in unRAID in white. You would probably have to lose the drop shadow though.

As for the case badges the logo on black like the lime Tech ones would look good. Like I said before you could  add Server Pro or Server Plus onto the unRAID part.

Im sure there must be a few graphic designers on the Forum who use unRAID who could add some input or ideas.

Eh, I like the lowercase...simpler.  Also, we updated the graphic pretty considerably and softened that bright green quite a bit.  It was a little harsh.

BTW, I have to give all credit to Tom Harms for the graphics work.  I simply proposed the concept and a few really bad placeholders and he made it look "real classy."  And no, I'm not showing you my placeholder!!

Here's the new graphic (again desktop background type scenario):

unRAID-Store-Protect-Serve-Play-Desktop-Background-version-3.png

Shame I really liked the green before, it looked bright and modern. It looks dull  and outdated now.

I also prefer the first set of icons/images as well as the green. The first image looks the better one, but thats just my opinion.

I also prefer the first icons and color.  Maybe just tone it down a bit of it's too harsh.  Second looks flat, color and icons.

Interesting and unexpected feedback.  I'll talk with Harms next week.  I really like the first symbol we have now for store over the overused striped cylinder that we had before. But the color brightness is something to tweak.

Shame I really liked the green before, it looked bright and modern. It looks dull  and outdated now.

I also prefer the first set of icons/images as well as the green. The first image looks the better one, but thats just my opinion.

I also prefer the first icons and color.  Maybe just tone it down a bit of it's too harsh.  Second looks flat, color and icons.

Interesting and unexpected feedback.  I'll talk with Harms next week.  I really like the first symbol we have now for store over the overused striped cylinder that we had before. But the color brightness is something to tweak.

Maybe more of a "lime" tech green on the second

Excellent decision johnP. I think most people will agree with me on that. What about some unRAID case badges in the new Font and colours?

Yah, even Eric our other developer thought so.  Glad I ran it by you guys first.

Case badges coming soon. Working on a kickass Unraid logo itself right now that isn't just text. Wait till you guys see it!!!

I'd lose the drop shadow/reflection.

If you are serious you can always post your requirements on 99designs.com, fiverr.com or the other sites where heaps of freelancers bid for work.  You post up your requirements and let these guys present their ideas to you.  You can then shortlist and make various tweeks and what not.  It can be quite cheap and it's a very cool to have 30 or 40 graphic artists showing you what they can come up with.

I'd lose the drop shadow/reflection.

If you are serious you can always post your requirements on 99designs.com, fiverr.com or the other sites where heaps of freelancers bid for work.  You post up your requirements and let these guys present their ideas to you.  You can then shortlist and make various tweeks and what not.  It can be quite cheap and it's a very cool to have 30 or 40 graphic artists showing you what they can come up with.

Very familiar with 99designs.  At some point we will definitely be doing that. The only reason we haven't yet is that we already had some good ideas for what we wanted.  Once we get our concept art done, I could see us potentially sharing that on 99designs as a "starting off point" for them to improve upon and to extend upon for other graphics needs like potentially our website itself.