Server is automaticly resetting itself

rjbaat

Hi All,

I have a problem with my unraid server. It is random resetting. It has worked for quite a while without any problems but now it is resetting and i dont know why and when it does that exactly. It also happend while i was in the bios. And it happend also without the SAS card in the computer.

Its happening on the following server specs under both unraid 5 and unraid 6:

Motherbord:

Asrock B85M PRO4

Processor:

intel G3220

Memory:

Trancend 4gb memory

Powersupply:

Corsair CX500M

The shop i bought the components have tested the components above intensively, but nothing is found. 

I has done alot of memtest and other endurance tests and all tests went fine. But when i put everything back in my configuration it starts resetting again.

It only happends on occasion. That can be after hours, but also a couple of time in a row. There was an occasion that it happend like 10s after each other.

The other components i have installed are:

Case:

Fractal design define R4, with 4 fans

USB stick for unraid:

Sandisk cruzer 4gb running unraid 6b8 Plus

SATA/SAS card:

AOC-SAS2LP-MV8

Disks:

2x WD RED - WD20EFRX 2TB

4x Samsung - HD154UI 1,5 TB

Cache disk:

Crucial MX100 256GB

(Bought it after this problem occured. Before i used a 2,5 inch disk as cache disk)

I really have no idea what it should be. I can only think of a corrupt disk or the usb disk, or the SAS card.

Has anyone any idea what it could be, and how i can test it to solve the problem?

Maybe doing some individual disk test?

I changed something in my configuration to see if it runs stable now.

1. I disconnected the rest switch. (maybe thats giving reset signals for no reason)

2. I put all the disks on the sas controller except the SSD, thats still on the sata 3 connector on the mb.

For now this is working oke. 

The shop did a 63 pass memtest and everything was fine. So i think the motherbord, psu, memory and processor are fine. Its a strange thing.

But the server is running oke since i did the changes written in my last post.

i will keep it running some more to see if it stays stable.

I have a similar issue. My Unraid resets when I reboot the router which is connected via Ethernet to the Unraid motherboard. It's a pain to have to redo a parity check every time I have to reboot the modem (which is daily ATM).

Any ideas as to what might cause this ?

Cheers,

Tom

What happens if you disconnect unRAID's Ethernet cable from the router?  If nothing, reboot the router and plug unRAID back in. I'd think there's something wrong with your router.  May want to stop the array before testing.

Are you using apcupsd in online slave mode by chance?

I have a similar issue. My Unraid resets when I reboot the router which is connected via Ethernet to the Unraid motherboard. It's a pain to have to redo a parity check every time I have to reboot the modem (which is daily ATM).

Any ideas as to what might cause this ?

Cheers,

Tom

What happens if you disconnect unRAID's Ethernet cable from the router?  If nothing, reboot the router and plug unRAID back in. I'd think there's something wrong with your router.  May want to stop the array before testing.

Are you using apcupsd in online slave mode by chance?

Could POE be enabled somewhere and have it interfere with the motherboard?