(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Has anyone else had trouble getting the web gui to load for plexRequests?  I just installed the docker on my box and just keep getting "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" when I try and load the page.  No errors in the logs so not sure what the issue is.  I've tried changing port #'s, uninstalling and re-installing w/no success.

Thoughts?

Nevermind.  It eventually came up after about 10mins.  I've noticed this before with other dockers I've setup.  Any reason why it takes so long for it to resolve the web address?

Has anyone else had trouble getting the web gui to load for plexRequests?  I just installed the docker on my box and just keep getting "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" when I try and load the page.  No errors in the logs so not sure what the issue is.  I've tried changing port #'s, uninstalling and re-installing w/no success.

Thoughts?

Nevermind.  It eventually came up after about 10mins.  I've noticed this before with other dockers I've setup.  Any reason why it takes so long for it to resolve the web address?

Many docker containers update themselves when first started. If there's a slow connection to the server, the update can take several minutes, during which time the app is not running and the gui is not up. The logs usually tell you what is going on

How safe/secure is Plex Request to use on my server?  I have it installed but what address do I give to my users to use it?

I don't know if I'm doing it right, but I have port forwarding setup on my router to push external requests to my server's internal IP via port 3000.  Seems to be working.  Curious if it's secure, or if there's a better way?

Second,

I noticed something tonight.  As I'm setting up, or atleast trying to figure out how to setup Couchpotato w/passthepopcorn, Sonar w/Broadcasthenet, Transmission and some sort of VPN to my Torguard account (Lots of frustration there), I'm using Plex requests with my users to basically make a backlist of "things" to get.

Three Issues:

As I have to download manually until I can figure out how to set up the above mentioned, Plex requests doesn't recognize the manually added media now in my library, therefore it doesn't show the request has been filled. Furthermore PLEX Requests is allowing my users to request media that's in my libraries already.

Lastly, the request list has grown pretty long, and while browsing today, I can't see all of it.  It's like it's on another page, but I don't have a next page button?

I may just be missing something.

Thanks!

Oh, and thanks for a sweet container!

How safe/secure is Plex Request to use on my server?  I have it installed but what address do I give to my users to use it?

I don't know if I'm doing it right, but I have port forwarding setup on my router to push external requests to my server's internal IP via port 3000.  Seems to be working.  Curious if it's secure, or if there's a better way?

Second,

I noticed something tonight.  As I'm setting up, or atleast trying to figure out how to setup Couchpotato w/passthepopcorn, Sonar w/Broadcasthenet, Transmission and some sort of VPN to my Torguard account (Lots of frustration there), I'm using Plex requests with my users to basically make a backlist of "things" to get.

Three Issues:

As I have to download manually until I can figure out how to set up the above mentioned, Plex requests doesn't recognize the manually added media now in my library, therefore it doesn't show the request has been filled. Furthermore PLEX Requests is allowing my users to request media that's in my libraries already.

Lastly, the request list has grown pretty long, and while browsing today, I can't see all of it.  It's like it's on another page, but I don't have a next page button?

Thanks!

Hi Drider,

I'm not the developer of PlexRequests, I just created the docker for it. If it runs and you can access the gui, then my work is done

The three issues you're having are all PlexRequests related, so you should probably ask in the PlexRequests thread on the plex forum

With regards to port forwarding, yes that's the most common way to expose plexrequests to other users on the internet (combine that with a dynamic dns like duckdns and you're good to go). I honestly don't know how secure PlexRequests itself is. I believe some users are using custom firewalls like pfsense and maybe with that you can add an additional layer of security if you like

Second,

Three Issues:

Thanks!

Hi Drider,

I'm not the developer of PlexRequests, I just created the docker for it. If it runs and you can access the gui, then my work is done

The three issues you're having are all PlexRequests related, so you should probably ask in the PlexRequests thread on the plex forum

With regards to port forwarding, yes that's the most common way to expose plexrequests to other users on the internet (combine that with a dynamic dns like duckdns and you're good to go). I honestly don't know how secure PlexRequests itself is. I believe some users are using custom firewalls like pfsense and maybe with that you can add an additional layer of security if you like

Cool beans!  I'll check out the PR Forums.

Thanks for the reply, I feel all famous and stuff now  ;D

I have Calibre-RDP setup and both the GUI and the Web Server are working fine. However, when I browse to the web server and click on Get File, the web server crashes. The only way to bring it back up is to restart the Docker. (The file also doesn't download). The GUI is fine.

I don't see anything in the log files that would cause this.

Thoughts?

I have Calibre-RDP setup and both the GUI and the Web Server are working fine. However, when I browse to the web server and click on Get File, the web server crashes. The only way to bring it back up is to restart the Docker. (The file also doesn't download). The GUI is fine.

I don't see anything in the log files that would cause this.

Thoughts?

I just tried it on mine and it worked with no issues. So I'm gonna need more info.

What version of calibre are you running? Does it happen on all the books? What format are the books you are trying to download? What browser did you try?

For your reference, I'm using the latest calibre 2.45. I tried to download a few books in mobi and epub formats using Chrome (stable) on win 10 as well as explorer (edge 25). I also tried the "Get" link in the main interface, epub and mobi links in the book details screen and the epub and mobi links in the mobile interface.

Sounds good...

I did the initial install and set:

/config to /mnt/user/appdata/calibre

/books to /mnt/user/Books/ (this is where I was going to put eBooks to import)

Container Port 8080 to 8000

Container Port 8081 to 8001

EDGE set to 1 (so I have the latest version - 2.45)

Upon initial launch I created the Calibre library at /config

I added about 2000 books (mostly from my GetAbstract subscription).

When I visit 192.168.1.20:8001 the site loads fine. However, when I click Get, the instance at 8001 crashes, but the 8000 still works...

UPDATE:

Aaaannnnddd I just restarted it, tested again, and it's working. Strange. Okay. I'll keep an eye on it.

Sounds good...

I did the initial install and set:

/config to /mnt/user/appdata/calibre

/books to /mnt/user/Books/ (this is where I was going to put eBooks to import)

Container Port 8080 to 8000

Container Port 8081 to 8001

EDGE set to 1 (so I have the latest version - 2.45)

Upon initial launch I created the Calibre library at /config

I added about 2000 books (mostly from my GetAbstract subscription).

When I visit 192.168.1.20:8001 the site loads fine. However, when I click Get, the instance at 8001 crashes, but the 8000 still works...

UPDATE:

Aaaannnnddd I just restarted it, tested again, and it's working. Strange. Okay. I'll keep an eye on it.

;) Let me know if it acts up again

Hello,

I've just installed PlexRequest but when opening the GUI it says Page cannot be loaded. Below is the Log file can anyone help me out here? Thank you so much in advance!

Updating repository
HEAD is now at 490c502 Add IMDB/TVDB links to requests page
Already up-to-date.
Using the master branch
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
This project is already at Meteor 1.2.1, the latest release.
npm-container: updating npm dependencies -- winston...

Changes to your project's package version selections from updating package
versions:

aldeed:simple-schema upgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.4.0
aslagle:reactive-table upgraded from 0.8.18 to 0.8.21
fortawesome:fontawesome upgraded from 4.4.0 to 4.5.0
mdg:validation-error added, version 0.1.0

The following top-level dependencies were not updated to the very latest
version available:
* iron:core 1.0.8 (1.0.11 is available)
* iron:router 1.0.10 (1.0.12 is available)

Newer versions of the following indirect dependencies are available:
* iron:controller 1.0.8 (1.0.12 is available)
* iron:dynamic-template 1.0.8 (1.0.12 is available)
* iron:layout 1.0.8 (1.0.12 is available)
* iron:location 1.0.9 (1.0.11 is available)
* iron:middleware-stack 1.0.10 (1.0.11 is available)
* iron:url 1.0.9 (1.0.11 is available)
To update one or more of these packages, pass their names to `meteor update`.
Dec 2 09:33:40 d0307b0706cf syslog-ng[115]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
[[[[[ /config/plexrequests-meteor ]]]]]

=> Started proxy.
Unexpected mongo exit code 14. Restarting.
Can't start Mongo server.
Unspecified unrecoverable error. Exit was not clean

Hello,

I've just installed PlexRequest but when opening the GUI it says Page cannot be loaded. Below is the Log file can anyone help me out here? Thank you so much in advance!

Updating repository
HEAD is now at 490c502 Add IMDB/TVDB links to requests page
Already up-to-date.
Using the master branch
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
This project is already at Meteor 1.2.1, the latest release.
npm-container: updating npm dependencies -- winston...

Changes to your project's package version selections from updating package
versions:

aldeed:simple-schema upgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.4.0
aslagle:reactive-table upgraded from 0.8.18 to 0.8.21
fortawesome:fontawesome upgraded from 4.4.0 to 4.5.0
mdg:validation-error added, version 0.1.0

The following top-level dependencies were not updated to the very latest
version available:
* iron:core 1.0.8 (1.0.11 is available)
* iron:router 1.0.10 (1.0.12 is available)

Newer versions of the following indirect dependencies are available:
* iron:controller 1.0.8 (1.0.12 is available)
* iron:dynamic-template 1.0.8 (1.0.12 is available)
* iron:layout 1.0.8 (1.0.12 is available)
* iron:location 1.0.9 (1.0.11 is available)
* iron:middleware-stack 1.0.10 (1.0.11 is available)
* iron:url 1.0.9 (1.0.11 is available)
To update one or more of these packages, pass their names to `meteor update`.
Dec 2 09:33:40 d0307b0706cf syslog-ng[115]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
[[[[[ /config/plexrequests-meteor ]]]]]

=> Started proxy.
Can't start Mongo server.
Unspecified unrecoverable error. Exit was not clean

You're most likely using a config folder path as /mnt/user/blah

Change it to /mnt/cache/blah or /mnt/diskx/blah and it should work

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Zoneminder working away for some time now and am very happy with the results.  Thanks very much!

I just reveiwed the tips and setup instructions and have tried to change the recording format to mp4 x264.  My files are still being saved as JPEG files at the moment.

Is this the norm, or do I need to take another look at my setup options?

I've had Zoneminder working away for some time now and am very happy with the results.  Thanks very much!

I just reveiwed the tips and setup instructions and have tried to change the recording format to mp4 x264.  My files are still being saved as JPEG files at the moment.

I had mp4's saved just fine.

I believe there is an option for saving videos vs individual jpegs but I'll look into it

I looked into it and you're right. By default zm saves individual jpegs. When you export them, it exports as mp4s. You might have to ask on zm forums to see if it can save them as mp4s or maybe auto export or something like that

Ok, thanks a lot for looking into it.

I thought from reading the guide that Zoneminder had moved on without me since the last time I looked at my setup.  It's no problem, I just thought that it may use less resources with MP4's.

It seems it's been a hot topic for a while: https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/issues/39

I didn't read through the whole thread yet but there's been work done on this

I have the mover running and tried to speed up things by setting the --cpuset=0-1 option now I have corruption in my zoneminder mysql db according to the zoneminder log and I cannot see the webgui.How do I login get in to repair the tables?

Thanks.

Does the container remain running? Or does it stop right away?

If it's running, then try docker exec into it and you can try and fix the mysql issue.

I have the mover running and tried to speed up things by setting the --cpuset=0-1 option now I have corruption in my zoneminder mysql db according to the zoneminder log and I cannot see the webgui.How do I login get in to repair the tables?

Thanks.

Probably immaterial to your issue, but --cpuset has been deprecated.  The proper option to use is --cpuset-cpus

Zoneminder is up again.I removed the cpuset option and the reason for the mover running was the cameras were set at 10 fps and I changed it to 5 fps (cameras  x 5) were also set at 1920x1080 and I reduced it to 640x480.How do I check the health of the tables in the mysql db.Access(login details).

Telnet or go to console and do

docker exec -it Zoneminder bash

to enter the container

The type

mysql

no user/password needed and you can fix what needs to be fixed

Aptalca thanks for the advice .I've installed zoneminder,duckdns,openvpn-as in containers on this box ,but can't access the server (remote site)today for some reason.As luck would have it, one of the data disks have uncorrectable errors and anything more than 0 is bad so I will have to replace that too while I sort out connectivity before repairing tables.