comp-lzo

verb 3

auth SHA256

cipher AES-256-CBC

keysize 256

tls-cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:AES256-SHA

supervisord.log.txt

can you please ssh into unraid and run the following commands:-

chown -R nobody:users <path to your config files>/openvpn/ipvanish-AU-Sydney-syd-a03.ovpn
chmod -R 775 <path to your config files>/openvpn/ipvanish-AU-Sydney-syd-a03.ovpn

one other thing to check is to make sure the ovpn file end of line is set to linux and not windows, maybe worth trying the above first and then look at this if its still not working.

thank you, all working now. it was the end of line that was causing the problem :-)

AND IT"S AWESOME!!!!!!

brilliant, thanks a LOT for taking the time to post back, at least i know it's not some other underlying issue, glad you got it sorted in the end.

Thanks so much for all the hard work with these binhex. I was able to move to Docker smoothly thanks primarily to your containers.

Not a huge deal, but I saw an odd behavior that I wanted to mention and I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong as I am still inexperienced with Docker. I'm using your DelugeVPN container with PIA and an environment variable set to the east coast server. My run command is as follows:

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 --name=arch-delugevpn -v <mydownloadmountpoint>:/data -v <myconfig mountpoint>:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_USER=<my username> -e VPN_PASS=<my password> -e VPN_REMOTE=us-east.privateinternetaccess.com -e VPN_PROV=pia -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no binhex/arch-delugevpn

However, when checking the IP of the Deluge container via the web UI (using checkmytorrentip.net), the IP comes back as 109.201.154.155, which looks like a Netherlands address (which I think is your default). From a safety standpoint, this still means the VPN is working so this is not a critical issue, but I just thought I would mention that I'm seeing this behavior to see if there's a fix or whether I'm just doing something wrong with my run command - using a server closer to me might shave down the latency (though I am not seeing any noticeable lag connecting to the Netherlands).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Just an FYI for anyone with Sabnzbd.

If you update to the latest Docker that has added Multicore Par2, it will be off by default if you originally configured it with a build that did not have support.

Doing a force update on the Docker image will have no effect.

So you either have to delete everything in the /config directory and reset it up

or edit sabnzbd.ini

Simple change the value from:

par2_multicore = 0

to

par2_multicore = 1

Wondering if anyone could help me with this one

Trying to use delugevpn with UsenetServer VPN as that's provided to me from my usenet provider

However i am not having any luck as I cant seem to get into the WEB UI

I do have my provided vpn.crt and .ovpn file placed in the openvpn directory.

Could someone please have a look and help point me into the correct direction.

supervisord.log.txt

Wondering if anyone could help me with this one

Trying to use delugevpn with UsenetServer VPN as that's provided to me from my usenet provider

However i am not having any luck as I cant seem to get into the WEB UI

I do have my provided vpn.crt and .ovpn file placed in the openvpn directory.

Could someone please have a look and help point me into the correct direction.

see reply #222 of this thread, same issue as that guy.

Firstly, I just wanted to say nice work on the deluge+vpn container, almost exactly what I was looking for!! I was wondering though.. and I know it's probably kind of a big ask.. but would you possibly be inclined to make a similar transmission+vpn container?

I would hope it wouldn't take as long since you probably figured out the kinks/hurdles for the deluge one maybe..?

this is doable, but it's something that will have to go on the back burner for now as i have other issues i was to resolve first, i will take a look when i get a bit more free time.

Thanks so much for all the hard work with these binhex. I was able to move to Docker smoothly thanks primarily to your containers.

Not a huge deal, but I saw an odd behavior that I wanted to mention and I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong as I am still inexperienced with Docker. I'm using your DelugeVPN container with PIA and an environment variable set to the east coast server. My run command is as follows:

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 --name=arch-delugevpn -v <mydownloadmountpoint>:/data -v <myconfig mountpoint>:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_USER=<my username> -e VPN_PASS=<my password> -e VPN_REMOTE=us-east.privateinternetaccess.com -e VPN_PROV=pia -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no binhex/arch-delugevpn

However, when checking the IP of the Deluge container via the web UI (using checkmytorrentip.net), the IP comes back as 109.201.154.155, which looks like a Netherlands address (which I think is your default). From a safety standpoint, this still means the VPN is working so this is not a critical issue, but I just thought I would mention that I'm seeing this behavior to see if there's a fix or whether I'm just doing something wrong with my run command - using a server closer to me might shave down the latency (though I am not seeing any noticeable lag connecting to the Netherlands).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again for all your efforts.

hi the reason its defaulting to the netherlands is because your missing off the VPN_PORT environment variable, i can tweak this in the future so that it will default to 1194 if not defined, for now please alter your command to include the additional env variable and you should then connect to the remote gateway you specified.

hi the reason its defaulting to the netherlands is because your missing off the VPN_PORT environment variable, i can tweak this in the future so that it will default to 1194 if not defined, for now please alter your command to include the additional env variable and you should then connect to the remote gateway you specified.

That did the trick. I incorrectly thought that setting the VPN_PROV variable would include PIA's default port. It was my mistake. I added the VPN_PORT variable and I am now connected to the correct server (East). Thank you for your help and thank you again for all your hard work.

Hi binhex, is there any way you could add support in the TeamSpeak docker for licensekey.dat file please?

sure, yes that shouldnt be too hard to do, i will take a look this week.

OK I've done a change so that it now looks for your licence file in the /config volume, so update the docker, copy your file to the host config volume and restart the docker and it should pick it up. Please let me know if it works or not as I can't test it.

Still not getting it.

Any chance i could have you look at this and point out what i have done wrong.

Thanks again

it looks like your authentication failed:-

Mon Apr 20 19:38:33 2015 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

you need to check your username and password in your authentication file, they need to be the same as your vpn credentials

Just an FYI for anyone with Sabnzbd.

If you update to the latest Docker that has added Multicore Par2, it will be off by default if you originally configured it with a build that did not have support.

Doing a force update on the Docker image will have no effect.

So you either have to delete everything in the /config directory and reset it up

or edit sabnzbd.ini

Simple change the value from:

par2_multicore = 0

to

par2_multicore = 1

Thanks for this heads-up!

See that's what in don't get.      Triple checked that. And have tested with another app, login info is good

Login.conf should be 2 lines correct

Username

Password

yes it should simply contain your username <new line> then your password, if you can open your login.conf file with something like notepad++ then go to Edit menu and select EOL conversion, if Unix Format isnt greyed out then select it and then save the file. then restart the docker, it might be a end of line formatting issue like the previous poster.

Everything is working great. But does anyone use this with couchpotato docker?  I can't get it to connect. It connects fine if I don't use the VPN version of the deluge docker

yeah this is a known issue that i have yet to resolve, basically CP needs to talk to deluge daemon which is running on the delugevpn docker, the issue is im having problems allowing ONLY CP to talk to the daemon without the possibility of ip leakage, as it would require a specific loosening of iptables to allow traffic to/from deluge daemon over eth0 to CP, obviously this then causes the potential problem of torrent traffic incorrectly using eth0 instead of the tunnel, something i am at great pains NOT to allow under any circumstances. leave it with me and i will see what i can come up with, if anybody is watching this thread who is an iptables guru then please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to do this.

temporary work around is to set CP to "Blackhole" mode and set deluge to watch for torrent files. Point them to the same unRAID mapping and you're all set.

Everything is working great. But does anyone use this with couchpotato docker?  I can't get it to connect. It connects fine if I don't use the VPN version of the deluge docker

yeah this is a known issue that i have yet to resolve, basically CP needs to talk to deluge daemon which is running on the delugevpn docker, the issue is im having problems allowing ONLY CP to talk to the daemon without the possibility of ip leakage, as it would require a specific loosening of iptables to allow traffic to/from deluge daemon over eth0 to CP, obviously this then causes the potential problem of torrent traffic incorrectly using eth0 instead of the tunnel, something i am at great pains NOT to allow under any circumstances. leave it with me and i will see what i can come up with, if anybody is watching this thread who is an iptables guru then please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to do this.

temporary work around is to set CP to "Blackhole" mode and set deluge to watch for torrent files. Point them to the same unRAID mapping and you're all set.

That's a good suggestion and will work for all index sites that support torrent files, unfortunately this won't of course work for index sites that only support magnet links such as PB so I still need to get this nailed, just having a hard time at the moment getting any free time but it's not  forgotten.

See that's what in don't get.      Triple checked that. And have tested with another app, login info is good

Username

Password

yes it should simply contain your username <new line> then your password, if you can open your login.conf file with something like notepad++ then go to Edit menu and select EOL conversion, if Unix Format isnt greyed out then select it and then save the file. then restart the docker, it might be a end of line formatting issue like the previous poster.

This is exactly as it should be, yet no love.

also have tried different ports with no luck along with trying to connect to a different server.

Username

Password

This is exactly as it should be, yet no love.

also have tried different ports with no luck along with trying to connect to a different server.

if that attached blank file is your login.conf file your using then its currently set to the wrong EOL type (windows), you can confirm this by opening the login.conf file in notepad++ then go to Edit menu and select EOL conversion, you will see that "windows format" is greyed out denoting that its currently set to this, if you select "Unix format" then save the file and restart the docker to try it.