Margarita 1.7 - Native macOS Monitoring App and Share Automounts

Welcome to Margarita! A refreshing new way of checking on your all important server.

Features:

- Works out of the box

- Easy to read statistics on Array, Disks and Shares

- Mount shares (AFP / SMB)

- Integrates with unRAID Notifications

- Auto mount shares based off the refresh frequency

- Simply enable the automount checkbox, then mount a share.

- Eject a share to disable the automount.

- Turn services on / off

- Receive notifications on disk errors and temperature warnings

- Monitor unRAID status in the background

- Sleek iOS 7 inspired design

- Wake On LAN support

Available on the App Store!

http://www.pixeleyes.co.nz/margarita/

Margarita.png.80893f68ab9c5c0a6a5c4f8d629fff23.png

MargaritaScreen.png.1ce27bcdfaf51588b3b3d4cb0d6cc296.png

Edited by speeding_ant

Nice! I'll Beta!

When I bring up DYNAMIX, the first thing I look at is the MAIN tab, with ARRAY DEVICES.

Then my eye goes to:

First: The  ERROR column.  Is it Zero?

Second: The first column of stoplights for 'drive spun up'...more of interest and curiousity...

Third: TEMPERATURE to see if I'm running Hot.

Oh heck yes i'll beta also

Nice! I'll Beta!

When I bring up DYNAMIX, the first thing I look at is the MAIN tab, with ARRAY DEVICES.

Then my eye goes to:

Second: The first column of stoplights for 'drive spun up'...more of interest and curiousity...

Third: TEMPERATURE to see if I'm running Hot. I know i am so this is just and after thought LOL!

This is going to be awesome!

I'd like to echo DW's thoughts, as those are my primary 3 items that I look for.

I also will take a look at the syslog just to make sure nothing funky is going on.  Perhaps a quick "tail" option of the log would be a nice feature.

Cool - glad to see some interest! In terms of notification... if something goes wrong with temp, array or drive errors, the menu icon will go red. You can configure notification centre notifications for each of those three error categories.

I'm planning to make this app sandboxed, and available for a small fee in the Mac App store. Naturally any beta testers will get a free copy.

I have a couple of comments regarding some of your ideas.

I can provide a combined error stat on the main view when you open the app for the first time. Of course, the disks tab will have further detail.

This information will be present in the disks tab.

Third: TEMPERATURE to see if I'm running Hot.

Again, would provide a way configure a minimum warning temperature range and display an 'All OK' or similar on the main page.

Perhaps a quick "tail" option of the log would be a nice feature.

Will see. I wouldn't want any feature creep as it's supposed to be an easy and simple way to see your array stats wherever you are in the OS.

Holy Moly Speeding_ant!

This is awesome! I've been looking for a Mac app like this.

I'm still having problems with my Mac and unRaid -- for some reason my connections to my server from my mac are a bit on the slower side compared to my Windows machine. I also miss having the ability to map network drives to network shares in the mac like I do on my Win machines.  But count me in for beta testing this baby. Thanks again! Great job.

Holy Moly Speeding_ant!

This is awesome! I've been looking for a Mac app like this.

I'm still having problems with my Mac and unRaid -- for some reason my connections to my server from my mac are a bit on the slower side compared to my Windows machine. I also miss having the ability to map network drives to network shares in the mac like I do on my Win machines.  But count me in for beta testing this baby. Thanks again! Great job.

Thanks  :)

I know what you're saying regarding mapping network drives. Ultimately I'd like this app to auto mount shares, however Apple is far too strict regarding any access to the filesystem in a Sandboxed app. There is no way this could make it to the final feature set without Apple changing something.

This is awesome! I've got 5 Macs of various ages and models I can test this on. Late 2007 MBP, Late 2011 MBP, Late 2013 retina MBP, Late 2010 MBA and a Mid 2012 MBA. All running 10.9.2.

I noticed there is an "Array" switch. I'm assuming this just stops the array. Is there also a way to reboot/shutdown the server?

After you're done with the Mac app, please build the iOS companion to it!

This is awesome! I've got 5 Macs of various ages and models I can test this on. Late 2007 MBP, Late 2011 MBP, Late 2013 retina MBP, Late 2010 MBA and a Mid 2012 MBA. All running 10.9.2.

After you're done with the Mac app, please build the iOS companion to it!

Writing an iOS companion would be the overall plan. The Mac App will support 10.7+ 10.8+.

Here's a few screenshots...

menu_status.jpg.b48284e5e0d0789400dbea0b194afc19.jpg

menu_disks.jpg.03f1766abd401c9d7c3fbe703479ec3a.jpg

menu_shares.jpg.8f32f11fa2124e51100bbe3f31d98975.jpg

You got my reply before my edit.  :D

I noticed there is an "Array" switch. I'm assuming this just stops the array. Is there also a way to reboot/shutdown the server?

Also, any chance of an option for a flat black or grayscale menubar icon? I'm not really a fan of colorful menubar icons.

Hackintosh won't be a problem, I run one too.

I will only support 10.8+ at the time being, mainly due to some of the API's I'm using. If there are enough sales to make it worth while, I'll re-write the API's to support 10.7.

To give you guys an idea of the progress... last night I finished the main GUI, navigation, and error checks with notification centre support. Over the next couple of days I should have the GUI and data model for storing the server login information finished, including storing the password to your secure login keychain.

Another question!

When the app detects any drive / temp errors (with temp limits you can specify), the primary pie graph will turn red. The menu bar icon will turn red. The drive in question will have it's background row turned red. You will receive a notification for it ONCE, unless any of the variables change (i.e. if the temperature goes up further or there are more drive errors).

Does that sound like overkill, or is that what you're looking for?