unRAID Server Release 6.1.9 Available

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Another security update.

Note: this update fixes a "buffer overflow" vulnerability in webGUI authentication code, where it's possible for someone to gain access to the webGUI even if you have set a root password.  For this reason we strongly recommend upgrading your server to this release.  Also, we want to reiterate our recommendation that your unRAID server webGUI should not be accessible via the public internet.

unRAID Server OS Change Log
===========================

Version 6.1.9 2016-03-04
------------------------
- emhttp: fix buffer overflow vulnerability with webGUI login dialog
- glibc: version 2.17-11 (SSA:2016-054-02)
- libgcrypt: version 1.5.5 (SSA:2016-054-03)
- linux: 4.1.18
- ntp: version 4.2.8p6 (SSA:2016-054-04)
- openssl: 1.0.1s (SSA:2016-062-02)
- webGui: integrate dynamix version 2016.03.04
  - Fix: Save/Test settings on Notification Agents page
  - Fix smtp-init
  - Fix plugin version checking
  - Simplify obtainment of emhttp listening port
  - Suppress docker notifications when docker is disabled
  - Color coding in docker logs
  - Changed docker mountpoint check similar to v6.2
  - Make "Done" function relative and add "Done" button to Browse page
  - Update jQuery to version 2.2.1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New release announcement. Awww. There you go getting me all excited only to be disappointed.

Seriously though. I do appreciate the release to address a vulnerability though. Despite (given the absence of your staff from forums) the effort thats going into 6.2 it's nice to see that the produce is being well maintained.

Update of both Backup and Main Servers went without issue.

Sorry Jon, I just couldn’t resist…...  :P;D

We "may" push out a 6.1.4 if 6.2 internal testing takes too much longer.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that though. 6.2 is looking mighty sweet. Bunch of features packed in that NO ONE saw coming. ;-). Sorry to tease.

Thanks for the update....  Have you guys put any more thought into moving unraid to another distro that would allow automated security patching?  It's got to be difficult to stay on top of security patching and development simultaneously.

I will be very very surprised if LT move Unraid off Slackware anytime soon....

moving unraid to another distro that would allow automated security patching?

I, for one, would not want my server to automatically update.  Living on the bleeding edge of code is for wobbly Windows installations.  IF it ever comes to that, all I ask- is the ability to DISABLE it.  I'll let braver? souls test the waters first.

I, for one, would not want my server to automatically update.  Living on the bleeding edge of code is for wobbly Windows installations.  IF it ever comes to that, all I ask- is the ability to DISABLE it.  I'll let braver? souls test the waters first.

He's talking about vetted stable security patches, the same as mainline distros like Ubuntu do monthly security updates that are stable.

We "may" push out a 6.1.4 if 6.2 internal testing takes too much longer.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that though. 6.2 is looking mighty sweet. Bunch of features packed in that NO ONE saw coming. ;-). Sorry to tease.

"bunch of features no one saw coming"

As much as I love that unraid is improving and more features will be added. Knowing what an update will hold is important. It's one thing to have extended delays of a release. that I can understand or more just except. But having no idea what features are planned to be in or are in an update and no idea when it will be released is enough mystery to actually be annoying.

It's very help to know whats coming. This way users can plan their future use of unraid. Prepare themselves for dual parity, this is one of the few features that it looks like we can expect in 6.2. But other examples are that it looks like IGD will be usable in the near future, if users would know what release support is expected then user may hold off on purchasing or setting up a VM with discrete GPU. Another is, if we know we can expect an updated openelec VM maybe users will hold off on for the official limetech image as apposed to try to install the version from openelec.

I know those weren't great examples but the point is. Know whats planned (even if its not delivered)/ having a road map keeps the users aware of whats going on and allows them to save time, money and aggravation. It's pretty annoying spending time and money getting a feature to work and finding out if you just waited a few weeks there would be a better and possibly cheaper way.

I am happy that we are getting maintenance releases though.

Updated to 6.1.9.  My Plex Docker image became an orphan image.  Now, I can't re-install anyone's version of Plex.  Other than that, it's working fine.

I'm having the same issue, but plexpy instead of plex. My plex docker is fine.

I've deleted and re-created the docker image (even renamed it), still getting an orphan image when I recreate plexpy.

Very strange.

Updated to 6.1.9.  My Plex Docker image became an orphan image.  Now, I can't re-install anyone's version of Plex.  Other than that, it's working fine.

I've deleted and re-created the docker image (even renamed it), still getting an orphan image when I recreate plexpy.

Very strange.

It's being worked on...

Like I said before, if you're not using spaces then I don't think the issue we're seeing is the problem you're having.  If you want me to take a look at your shares then post a screenshot of your docker container setup in the Plex thread.

Like I said before, if you're not using spaces then I don't think the issue we're seeing is the problem you're having.  If you want me to take a look at your shares then post a screenshot of your docker container setup in the Plex thread.

Ah, yes. My plexpy docker causing problems does have a space in one of the host paths:

/mnt/user/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/

My plex docker does not, and is working fine.

He's talking about vetted stable security patches, the same as mainline distros like Ubuntu do monthly security updates that are stable.

^This.  We do automated security patching on our hypervisors at work from the official ubuntu repo on a 10 business day cycle (10% per day), pre-prod in the morning and prod in the afternoon.  Now this is great when you have multiple environments, not so much for home. 

What LT could do is maybe host their own repo that lags a couple days behind the os distro main so they can do their own automated testing and put the breaks on if there's any regression issues.  The testing/repo updating could be automated to an extent:  Pull from distro main, upgrade test-benches, validate, if pass push to LT repo mirror, else notify someone to investigate.

You never know when it might brea[glow=red,2,300]k[/glow] something..... like a docker.  No, thanks.  I'd rather choose my system's update, rather than discover it.

Very strange.

It's being worked on...

Now been fixed....

Update plugins for a newer version of dynamix webgui....