Windows 8.1 and Unraid freezes everytime I try to install Avast.

Windows crashes every time I try to install Avast Anti Virus. My plan was to install Avast Anti Virus pro and avast secure line however this seems to be an issue. I already purchased license but now unable to use them on Unraid. Tried to install same on other brand KVM it works fine.

I switched to AVG antivirus, so this particular problem should be worked around for now.

I'd rather not mess with internal config files to get my antivirus to work, if you don't mind. It could be helpful to someone else who stumbles upon this issue, if they don't mind trying it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to AVG Free 1606 today, unraid freezed like with Avast 3 months ago! Haven't paid for unraid till today, server still froozen, try reboot now but without a licence i guess i wouldn't be able to full restart?  Btw. my hardware worked fine with vSphere and XEN ... Okay lets try ....

But i guess i wouldn't pay €60 for a "OS" that doesn't work like intended!?

Updated to AVG Free 1606 today, unraid freezed like with Avast 3 months ago! Haven't paid for unraid till today, server still froozen, try reboot now but without a licence i guess i wouldn't be able to full restart?  Btw. my hardware worked fine with vSphere and XEN ... Okay lets try ....

This isn't really unraids fault. But they turned off nested virtualization in 6.3, so it should be fixed as far as I know.

You can extend the trial if you want to test more.

This isn't really unraids fault. But they turned of nested virtualization in 6.3, so it should be fixed as far as I know.

You can extend the trail if you want to test more.

Yup, saarg is correct.  Basically this is a KVM issue and until it's patched there, nested virtualization will remain disabled by default (that was implemented in 6.3).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk