(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Why are php packages in the Nginx-letsencrypt docker? Does something depend on that?

php is kind of useful for web servers, hence LEMP stacks (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP) and the derivatives of this.

'P' in the stack acronym doesn't necessarily stand for PHP :)

Besides, it's 2016 2017; wouldn't consider php a must-have dependency on a webserver.

I host a very modern html5 site in my container. However, there is a message box that still runs php code to send me an email.

Some things are just so easy to implement with php especially if the person is relying on online templates and guides.

Plus, a bunch of users are hosting WordPress sites that are php based

Any particular reason why most (if not all) of your containers have /mnt/user mounted at /unraid by default? Is it mostly just a convenience mount? Feels like a potential security risk most of the cases if left at such a high level (as in just 2 dirs from root).

It's a convenience thing, I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion, but it seems to have come about because so many people have trouble grasping the docker volume mounts concept.

Any particular reason why most (if not all) of your containers have /mnt/user mounted at /unraid by default? Is it mostly just a convenience mount? Feels like a potential security risk most of the cases if left at such a high level (as in just 2 dirs from root).

It's an unraid thing. Not something I implemented. You can remove those mappings during install

Are you going to create a Zoneminder 1.30 separate docker or just update the 1.29?

Probably neither. Zoneminder changes so much between versions that updating in place is near impossible. I'm not willing to create a new container every time they have an update. That's too much to support. Especially when I'm not even using it myself

Thanks for your excellent work on this.  I understand why you'd not want to maintain it since you aren't using it.  I am looking to create an updated version of this for 1.30, and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

One thing especially - I'm not that familiar with docker or ubuntu repos and I noticed that your 1.29 dockerfile uses

add-apt-repository -y ppa:iconnor/zoneminder

When I look at that repo it seems to contain a 1.30.0-xenial version.  How would the apt-get install command change to install this version instead?

I realise there will probably be other stuff that has to change to make it work, but this would be a good start!

Thanks again

Are you going to create a Zoneminder 1.30 separate docker or just update the 1.29?

Probably neither. Zoneminder changes so much between versions that updating in place is near impossible. I'm not willing to create a new container every time they have an update. That's too much to support. Especially when I'm not even using it myself

Thanks for your excellent work on this.  I understand why you'd not want to maintain it since you aren't using it.  I am looking to create an updated version of this for 1.30, and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

One thing especially - I'm not that familiar with docker or ubuntu repos and I noticed that your 1.29 dockerfile uses

add-apt-repository -y ppa:iconnor/zoneminder

When I look at that repo it seems to contain a 1.30.0-xenial version.  How would the apt-get install command change to install this version instead?

I realise there will probably be other stuff that has to change to make it work, but this would be a good start!

Thanks again

If you pull from that repo as is, it will get the latest version. But when I created the image on docker hub, 1.29 was the latest and that's what's in the image.

So, if you build the image from that same dockerfile today, you'll get the 1.30 version.

If you pull from that repo as is, it will get the latest version. But when I created the image on docker hub, 1.29 was the latest and that's what's in the image.

So, if you build the image from that same dockerfile today, you'll get the 1.30 version.

Ahhh thanks.  That cleared up some fundamental misconceptions that I had about how docker images work  ;D

hope sumone can help mes with zoneminder 1.29 issue

i started having issues where cams would freeze and nothink would record disk says 98% yet i have 26tb left ?

i have manually removed all events and well its super fast but disk in web ui still reads 98%?

is there a way to fix this so incress the space it uses ?

thanks craig

update , altho it now records after 10 seconds it deletes the new events due to full disk ? after reinstalling fresh it still at 98%

i started having issues where cams would freeze and nothink would record disk says 98% yet i have 26tb left ?

i have manually removed all events and well its super fast but disk in web ui still reads 98%?

thanks craig

update , altho it now records after 10 seconds it deletes the new events due to full disk ? after reinstalling fresh it still at 98%

Post a screenshot of your container settings

thanks craig

Post a screenshot of your container settings

just this sec fixed it , turned out my appdata share was cache only with filled up to fast am now using normal drives and looks good now :)

just this sec fixed it , turned out my appdata share was cache only with filled up to fast am now using normal drives and looks good now :)

Would be really helpful if you could outline the details of the fix as I'm sure I will come across it soon :)

Thanks.

sure it bugged me

well issue was events would dissapear for no reason and even restarting and trying to delete all recordings witch kept coming back

after looking about i saw sumink with was purge when full witch i looked up and well 90% + means all events will delete as it was at 98% but unraid server has 26tb left , turns out my app data uses cache only ! and well zoneminder stores all its files in appdata so changing location in docker editing would of fixed it all i did tho was change app data to use all raid drive not just 240gb cache so now 40% used

so now got to sort my cache and move all the stored files to free it up now hope this helps

Would be really helpful if you could outline the details of the fix as I'm sure I will come across it soon :)

Thanks.

sure it bugged me

well issue was events would dissapear for no reason and even restarting and trying to delete all recordings witch kept coming back

after looking about i saw sumink with was purge when full witch i looked up and well 90% + means all events will delete as it was at 98% but unraid server has 26tb left , turns out my app data uses cache only ! and well zoneminder stores all its files in appdata so changing location in docker editing would of fixed it all i did tho was change app data to use all raid drive not just 240gb cache so now 40% used

so now got to sort my cache and move all the stored files to free it up now hope this helps

I don't use this but if you have other dockers it would probably make more sense to make another share for zoneminder to put its appdata in and let the other dockers continue to use a cache-only share.

Thanks.

yea i did think that all down to incorrect set up by me

sure it bugged me

I don't use this but if you have other dockers it would probably make more sense to make another share for zoneminder to put its appdata in and let the other dockers continue to use a cache-only share.

i did a stupid thing i changed events and images path to /mnt/user/CCTV and well now i cant use zone minder no more

error:

Cannot write to content dirs('/mnt/user/CCTV/events','/mnt/user/CCTV/images'). Check that these exist and are owned by the web account user

Jan 17 07:44:53 365a4ff40221 zma[2440]: ERR [Can't make /mnt/user/CCTV/events/1: No such file or directory]

Jan 17 07:44:53 365a4ff40221 zma[2440]: FAT [Can't change directory to '/mnt/user/CCTV/events': No such file or directory]

any way to edit a config files to delete the path i entered ?

thanks craig

I stopped my jdownloader2 docker, and clicked edit and save. It then pulled a few updates, and now when i start it,after clicking ok on the xrdp, its spewing out some java errors

I even deleted container and image and redownload from my existing templates, but even then the same error happens.

ecb2fc90d86004764dec21b6dff2f66e.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I stopped my jdownloader2 docker, and clicked edit and save. It then pulled a few updates, and now when i start it,after clicking ok on the xrdp, its spewing out some java errors

I even deleted container and image and redownload from my existing templates, but even then the same error happens.

ecb2fc90d86004764dec21b6dff2f66e.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Not sure what caused it, but I updated mine to the latest and it works fine.

I'd recommend starting with a fresh config folder

I might have missed something very obvious here, but is there a default password for the Zoneminder docker?

I have installed it previously and managed to get it working but decided on using a VM at the time. I would now like to give it another go but despite doing a fresh docker install it keeps prompting me for a password. I have tried every password I might have used but no luck

I have also tried removing the docker and deleting the folder in my app data and reinstalling but still.

If there isn't, how can I make sure all remnants of the old install are removed?

I might have missed something very obvious here, but is there a default password for the Zoneminder docker?

I have installed it previously and managed to get it working but decided on using a VM at the time. I would now like to give it another go but despite doing a fresh docker install it keeps prompting me for a password. I have tried every password I might have used but no luck

I have also tried removing the docker and deleting the folder in my app data and reinstalling but still.

If there isn't, how can I make sure all remnants of the old install are removed?

There is no password. Maybe browser cache?

Ok, thanks.

I ended up changing the default port for the time being and that seemed to fix it. Must have been something else using port 80 but no idea what.. bit more digging tonight!

80 is the default HTTP port, so guess what is using it. The unRAID webUI!

That is why you can access the unRAID webUI, or indeed any website, without telling your browser what port to use.