[SOLVED] One User Share Broken

I think your having a "Movies" share and a "movies" share is going to cause problems - at least from the point of view of a computer trying to access the server. I'd tidy up each disk in turn (/mnt/disk1, /mnt/disk2, etc. including the cache), using the command line or Midnight Commander to make sure all the expected files are inside the "Movies" folder before deleting the "movies" folder. Then I'd run the docker safe Fix Permissions and see if that makes things better.

I installed the Fix Common Problems plugin, and it ran the test but didn't come up with anything except a warning that Movies and movies shares are similar.  But this problem existing before I created movies, so that is not the root cause.

Also, there is no Tools area on my Fix Common Problems Plugin, just one screen where I can scan and set a few options.

What do I do next?

*edit* I found the run extended scan, I am running that now

Edited by Glimmerman911

I hard powered down the server (I can't power down because it gets stuck at unmounting user shares), I cancelled the automated parity sync, and reran the extended test.

It got stuck again at the very first operation, verifying user share apps.

I'm at a loss, should I update my unraid version and see if that helps?

Should i remove the 'movies' user share I created to try and fix the problem?  How would I do this, as I cannot stop my array.

*edit*

Wile the extended test is failing, I did find the Docker Safe Permissions under tools, and am running that now.

Edited by Glimmerman911

After the fact, but my comments on this:

On 2/22/2017 at 8:02 AM, Glimmerman911 said:

The movies share is totally empty, only the Movies share has been used so no cleanup required.

If the "movies" share is truly empty, you should delete it, as shares named the same but only differing by case will ultimately cause you no end of headaches when accessing the media over the network (ie: If you save a file or if you tell Kodi to save the metadata in the "Movies" share, it may in fact wind up being written to the "movies" share)

On 2/24/2017 at 0:09 AM, Glimmerman911 said:

How long should the extended scan/tests take, it has been 7 hours and it is still reporting it is on the same user share, a smaller user share called apps.

*Update* it has been over 16 hours, it is still on the "apps" user share.*

Your mileage will vary.  The apps (appdata) could take quite a while as the only tests that are explicitly skipped on that particular share is permission tests.  All other tests (illegal characters, invalid filenames, duplicate files, etc) are still performed, and some applications (Plex being one of the worst) can literally store hundreds of thousands of files that have to be checked.

That being said, it shouldn't have taken 16 hours.  I'll check it out.

EDIT: There is an issue where in the case of an infinite loop on symlinks where if a subfolder is symlinked to a parent of the subfolder then the process keeps following the links forever and checks the files over and over again.  TLDR:  Possible for the extended test to wind up in an infinite loop.  Fixed on today's FCP update