Recommendations for a replacement for my SuperMicro X10SLL-F mobo

Because of continuing unresolved issues with my X10SLL-F motherboard I'm investigating replacement options.

Since I'm not the only person reporting these issues with SuperMicro boards I think it would be best to switch brands. Maybe ASUS? Primarily I would like to be able to still use my current CPU (Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Haswell) and perhaps the memory too.

A full list of my current hardware is in a link in my sig.

Thanks for any advice/recommendations.

Edit: I run the server headless, so IPMI support is also a must have.

Looking at the ASUS P9D-C/4L

Looks to be roughly equivalent to my SuperMicro board. Not sure how it performs with unRaid though?

The listing shows IPMI support ready. Guess I would need an extra attachment?

Reviews are terrible for IPMI, but nothing recent. Anyone have any recent experience with IPMI on ASUS boards? I know the SuperMicro version is really buggy.

Would welcome any opinions on this board or recommendations for others.

I thought about just getting a different SuperMicro board, but really I'm a little gun shy since I don't know why my current board won't boot the most recent unRAID versions. If it was only happening to me I might believe it was a hardware issue, but since other people are reporting the same problem I'm just not so sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an ASRock E3C224-4L and it has worked quite well with the same CPU. Full disclosure - I am still running 6.0.1 and waiting for 6.3 super stable to update. But not expecting any issues. I know quite a few people here are using this MB or very similar ASRock. Might find one new somewhere or more likely used on eBay.

I have an ASRock E3C224-4L and it has worked quite well with the same CPU. Full disclosure - I am still running 6.0.1 and waiting for 6.3 super stable to update. But not expecting any issues. I know quite a few people here are using this MB or very similar ASRock. Might find one new somewhere or more likely used on eBay.

Thanks. Does this board require any optional accessories for IPMI? The ASRock website doesn't really give any details other than the fact that IPMI is supported.

Thanks. Does this board require any optional accessories for IPMI? The ASRock website doesn't really give any details other than the fact that IPMI is supported.

No addon required - IPMI support is out of the box. Have used it several times but not for a while. You need you use their app to access it if I remember right.

It requires a dedicated LAN port.