Wanting to move to new USB/server when I purchase

sirkuz

Down to a few days left on my trial and going to purchase this. However when I do I am going to be purchasing it for a new GUID and moving my drives/data to a new server that will be home to unraid.

Am I going to have problems getting my existing configuration (ie dockers, cache drives, vm's and plugins) all moved over/up and running on the new usb/hardware? Not sure if I should just plunge into it or if there is some prep work I should do first.

Any guides/direction appreciated.

Thanks!

It should be possible to copy all files from the old USB stick to the new one, run makebootable, and drop the Key file you obtain for the new GUID onto the new USB stick.  That would allow you to boot the old machine with a new USB stick and full license.

In general moving to new hardware is as simple as moving over all the disks and USB stick and booting up.  That said, you mention VMs so it would be more complicated if you are doing hardware pass-through.

Down to a few days left on my trial and going to purchase this. However when I do I am going to be purchasing it for a new GUID and moving my drives/data to a new server that will be home to unraid.

Am I going to have problems getting my existing configuration (ie dockers, cache drives, vm's and plugins) all moved over/up and running on the new usb/hardware? Not sure if I should just plunge into it or if there is some prep work I should do first.

Any guides/direction appreciated.

Thanks!

The easiest way to accomplish this is:

1. Plug your existing flash into your PC, then drag entire contents to a folder on your Desktop.

2. Eject old flash, plug in new flash, format giving it volume label UNRAID, and then drag contents of your back to the new flash.

3. Click 'make_bootable' on the new flash, eject, install in server.

4. When server boots it will see a mismatch between current flash GUID and that recorded in your Trial key.  Go ahead and order your key and you will receive an email with a link to your key file.  Select/copy/paste the key file link to the Key file URL box and click Install Key.

5. You're good to go!  You can delete the old Trial key if you want.

• Upvote 1