Strange missing file/attribute problem.

Hello. I am new to this software and i have had some strange problems.

I use version: 5.0-beta4 becuse i have 3 WD green 2TB without the jumper set.

I did a copy (robocopy /copy:DT /FFT) of all my media from a windows share to unRaid. When i tried to access a movie from VLC, I got a message that the movie was not found.

XBMC did a scan and found all movies, but when i tried to start it i got a message that the movie was removed.

I tried to copy one file back to Window, but it the same problem occured.

After many hours of investigation i found that the last accessed bit was changed to a NULL byte on most of the files.

The timestamp of my sourcefiles was ok, so the problem occured after copy to unRaid.

Tried: "touch -a filename". This did fix the problem. The movie was now accessible from all programs.

But i have more than 100 000 files on my server, so i can not manualy touch every file.

Is there anyone else who have experienced the same problem?

Another problem is that when i press "compute" in Shares tab, the webif crash and i loose connecton with the server.

I can still access the server from telnet. What command do i user to restart the webif?

Is this a common problem?

I need to find a solution to this problems before i buy the product.

Have not heard about the first problem (file attribute stuff), but the second one has been mentioned and has been fixed in version 5.0b5 (see the report about emhttp crash a couple posts below yours).

Since you said using "touch" on a file seems to fix the problem you can use something like:

find /mnt/ -type f -exec touch "{}" \;

This should touch all files under /mnt which is were all unRAID disks are mounted I would probably do it one disk at a time and replace /mnt/ with /mnt/disk1, /mnt/disk2/, etc for as many disks as you have.

FYI, v4.7 is very stable and it supports aligning advanced format disks too.

Peter

v4.7 is stable is ONLY if you have no disk with an HPA.  If you do, the array will not start as the disk will seem too small.

Actually it depends on the size of the HPA and whether it existed in the array before upgrade.  Working on a fix for this.

Peter

v4.7 is stable is ONLY if you have no disk with an HPA.  If you do, the array will not start as the disk will seem too small.

Actually it depends on the size of the HPA and whether it existed in the array before upgrade.  Working on a fix for this.

I'll re-phrase.  If you have a disk with an ODD number of sectors in an HPA, odds are you'll not be able to upgrade to 4.7 without unRAID complaining the disk is too small.  (the HPA created bu Gigabytes motherboards is unfortunately, an ODD number of sectors)

Glad that a fix is in the works.

Joe L.

Peter

I'll re-phrase.  If you have a disk with an ODD number of sectors in an HPA, odds are you'll not be able to upgrade to 4.7 without unRAID complaining the disk is too small.  (the HPA created bu Gigabytes motherboards is unfortunately, an ODD number of sectors)

Glad that a fix is in the works.

Joe L.

Problem only happens if size of HPA mod 8 is 1.