Having problems with Robocopy and time/date stamps

Hi there,

I'm using a robocopy backup script to backup my personal files to my backup folder on unRAID.

The problem is that no matter how new the local copy (on the desktop) is, or how old, Robocopy always copies ALL data, not just changed data. I know this is an issue with unRAID because this doesn't happen when I backup to other mediums (flash drive / USB HD, etc).

Desktop and unRAID are using NTP. From the unRAID GUI, it says the time is correct (8:48 am on 23Feb2011 at time of posting). HOWEVER, when I login to the command line and execute the clock command, this is what I get:

root@SV01:~# clock

Wed Feb 23 15:47:37 2011  -0.557609 seconds

What's going on here??

I believe you need to use the /FFT switch for robocopy.  I had this issue initially as well with the Linux/Windows timestamps being slightly different.  I also use the /COPYALL to preserve file and directory timestamps.

Thanks ftp222. I just ran it with the /FTT switch, and it worked perfectly.

This was the old line:

robocopy %SOURCE% %DESTINATION% /COPY:DAT /MIR /W:%TIMEOUT% /XD %SKIP_DIRECTORY1% /R:%RETRY% /LOG:%LOGPATH% /TEE

This is the new line:

robocopy %SOURCE% %DESTINATION% /COPY:DAT /MIR /W:%TIMEOUT% /XD %SKIP_DIRECTORY1% /R:%RETRY% /LOG:%LOGPATH% /TEE /FTT

While I've got a robocopy expert here, is there any way to prevent the full directory paths being displayed for EVERY file?

For instance, instead of this:

Copying...

c:\games\doom\doom.exe

c:\games\doom\doom.cfg

c:\games\doom\doom.bat

can I set it to look like this?:

Copying...

c:\games\doom\...

doom.exe

doom.cfg

doom.bat

?

can I set it to look like this?:

Copying...

c:\games\doom\...

doom.exe

doom.cfg

doom.bat

?

I don't know of a way to output the format like that and I'm not sure it is possible.  I know you can use a /V to show skipped files, but I still think it displays the full path for every file, which I know can get unreadable for deeper folders.  I'm not on my box right now, but you could try the /ETA switch, but I doubt that cuts off the path's.  Beyond that I think you're out of luck.