Can a Share be created on Cache Drive?

Is it possible to create a Share on a Cache Drive and to have the mover script ignore it? 

Why would I want to do this? 

I would like to do this so that my non-media files that I modify frequently can be saved faster.    The Cache drive would be safe from a drive failure by using a hardware Raid 1 setup using an Areca 1200 Controller.  This Raid 1 setup as been discussed a few times on this forum in these threads:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=7150.0

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2113.0

I beleive I read in the forums some where that if you create a folder name that stats with "." that the mover script will ignore it, but this would only be accessible from a Disk Share.  I would like to control access to it with a user Share. 

I tried creating a share and specified "cache" for the disk to include.  I found out this creates the share on Disk1.  I also found out if I used "Cache" for the disk to include that it creates the share on Disk2!

Thanks to all,

Kerry

You can create a file called smb-extra.conf in the config directory on the flash drive. Make sure you use a linux compatible text editor. Inside this file you can tell unRAID extra folders to share. So, you can share the .folder as the name "Extra Share" by putting this in the smb-extra.conf file

[Extra Share]

path = /mnt/cache/.folder

read only = No

Do a search for smb-extra.conf and you will find other examples.

Peter

You can use the unraid-mover-exclude-underscore package available in unMenu. This will cause the mover to ignore directories that begin with '_'. These directories can be added as a user share.

This is what I do for my torrent downloads.  Works a treat, and have been using it for a little while now.

You can create a file called smb-extra.conf in the config directory on the flash drive.

What about creating an nfs user share on the cache drive?  This would be more convenient than navigating through a hidden or 'underscore' directory structure.

Underscore directories are not hidden. The share name will start with an underscore and should appear on the network as a share. Don't make any directories in the _share if you don't want to navigate directories. You can make a nfs user _share.

Configure the _share to use the cache. The mover will ignore the _share and it will remain on the cache drive.