"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be that simplefeatures need an update to work correctly with the new version ?  I am noticing some webfrontend freezes without any issues showing up in the syslog.. I for example pressed apply to start the webserver, this hangs the webpage but the webserver dit get started..

Me too. However, it mostly resumes if patient enough. Worse, the GUI seems to die a slow death during longer stretchs of inacitivity. Just had to invoke mover manually, and found the GUI not answering at all. File access, webserver and unMenu were happily plodding along, but the SF Core GUI was deader than a dodo :-)

Hi,

I just tried to install SimpleFeatures in RC10 but I can't get it installed. It seems to be the race condition problem powerplyer had earlier. Installing from a reboot doesn't work so I've telnet to the server and ran 'installplg simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg' however I get the error

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 xml parse error

Any idea's how to fix this?

And when I do get the core installed do I need to install all of the other plugins too or are they done automatically with the core install?

Thanks

That error message means that the installer couldn't find the plugin file.

You either issue the installplg command from the folder /boot/config/plugins or you give an absolute path to the file name...

I suggest you reboot once after the installation of the core plugin, the other (optional) plugins can be installed without a reboot using the installplg command (one at the time).

Thanks, its all working now  :).

One last question - if I enable sleep with scheduler also set will the system wake up to do the parity checking or do I have to make sure its turned on?

Once the system goes into sleep mode, you need to do a manual action to make it awake again (usually sending a magic packet via your network or press the power button).

Thanks, its all working now  :).

One last question - if I enable sleep with scheduler also set will the system wake up to do the parity checking or do I have to make sure its turned on?

Once the system goes into sleep mode, you need to do a manual action to make it awake again (usually sending a magic packet via your network or press the power button).

Okay thanks. Thinking about it I've got dd-wrt on the router anyway so I should be able to setup a cron job on that.

i had a question regarding the naming of the PID's in the activity monitor page in this thread, http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21260.msg219595#msg219595 but the response was it is something on the simplefeatures side of things.

any chance of making this change so, instead of showing 5 instances of "python" the activity monitor actually shows, sabnzbd, sickbeard and so on, so it's easier trying to kill something if required?

Hopefully this will be a quick question for someone in the know!

Is there a way to display temperatures of spundown drives in SimpleFeatures? I've done several searches on this thread, and the forum, but haven't found an answer one way or the other.

I've just managed to get this working in unMENU by specifying a custom drive attribute and was wondering if the same thing can be accomplished somehow in SimpleFeatures?

From what I understand, Tom has it this way due to some drives spinning up when querying them for temperatures. We haven't touched the underpinnings - that could be a feature for the future though.

Cheers

In which case I will keep my fingers crossed for the future. Thanks so much for the speedy reply... and an awesome gui ;)

Hi,

i need the X-Sendfile option enabled in lighttpd.

fastcgi.server            = ( ".php" =>

( "localhost" =>

(

"socket" => "/var/run/lighttpd/php-fastcgi.socket",

"allow-x-send-file" => "enable",

"bin-path" => "/usr/bin/php-cgi"

)

)

)

By changing the lighttpd.conf, stopping and starting the lighttpd it works...until the next boot.

So i ask myself what is the best way to solve this.

Do we have a build in function for doing this ??

Or must i add this steeps in to my go file?

I just did my first install of unRAID (on a HP N40L) and I'm using the rc10 version. It's all working well and I would like to install SimpleFeatures.

Is it better to wait a little longer for the new upcoming version or is there no need to wait and should I install 1.05 ?

I had to remove this plugin because it was crashing emhttp every time it finished a parity check. I couldn't even relaunch emhttp because it would continue to segfault. Once I removed all the simplefeatures plugins my web interface became stable again.

Has anyone else experienced this on 5.0-rc10?

SimpleFeatures has been the first plugin i re-install after every major update to my unRAID system, because i love the clean and efficient UI...thanks for the great work!

I just got a UPC and would like to install and run APCUPSD...since i am a total nube to the Terminal, i am a bit worried that i might not get the APCUPSD plugin to install and work properly without using something like UNMENU, but i faintly remember trying to use UNMENU a couple of years back and not liking the "raw" UI, even though it really does make a lot of things easier, that cannot be done with SimpleFeatures, as far as i know (like installing more features from within UNMENU, including the support for UPS's)...is there a way to run UNMENU with a "modern" UI like SimpleFeatures, or do those two customizations run only as separate methods to control unRAID?

is there any difference to running APCUPSD from within UNMENU or installing it manually and then running it with the SimpleFeatures UI (i haven't found any reference to SimpleFeatures having a GUI for APCUPSD-install and/or control, right?)?

any things i need to look out for in case i need to install APCUPSD manually if i decide to not run UNMENU on-top/instead of SimpleFeatures?

SimpleFeatures has been the first plugin i re-install after every major update to my unRAID system, because i love the clean and efficient UI...thanks for the great work!

I just got a UPC and would like to install and run APCUPSD...since i am a total nube to the Terminal, i am a bit worried that i might not get the APCUPSD plugin to install and work properly without using something like UNMENU, but i faintly remember trying to use UNMENU a couple of years back and not liking the "raw" UI, even though it really does make a lot of things easier, that cannot be done with SimpleFeatures, as far as i know (like installing more features from within UNMENU, including the support for UPS's)...is there a way to run UNMENU with a "modern" UI like SimpleFeatures, or do those two customizations run only as separate methods to control unRAID?

is there any difference to running APCUPSD from within UNMENU or installing it manually and then running it with the SimpleFeatures UI (i haven't found any reference to SimpleFeatures having a GUI for APCUPSD-install and/or control, right?)?

any things i need to look out for in case i need to install APCUPSD manually if i decide to not run UNMENU on-top/instead of SimpleFeatures?

You can run SimpleFeatures and unMenu at the same time. That's what I do and apcupsd works great.

Hello,

Maybe i missed something, but is there a way to configure the eMail Notification in a way that it sends the email at a precise time of the day, instead of every X minutes?

I've configured it so it sends the email every (60x24=)1440 minutes, so as to have one email status a day. But it would be neat if i could say "send me the email every day at 1PM", for example.

Is there a way to do that?

Ha! Thanks Jowi, that is exactly what i was looking/hoping for! actually, i did see this plugin being listed, but wasn't aware that it would be this cleanly integrated into the SimpleFeatures UI.

Since i'm such a noob with the Terminal, would you mind sharing with me where on the Flash i need to copy it, and how to install/invoke it? is it one of those "install on every boot" things, or do i only install it once?

what terminal commands will i have to execute to get it to work?

sorry for being so ignorant about it, but i've got everything dialed in so nicely right now, that i don't wanna take a wrong step!

• Squid locked this topic