Airvideo unMenu package

I wanted to pull this away from the other Airvideo thread, as the directions in the first post are outdated and were created to manually install Airvideo on an unRAID server.

The .conf file attached to the bottom of this post is actually the second iteration of the package but should be used by everyone.  If you had a previous install using the older .conf file you should be just fine to update to this one.  Please make sure that all the variables are still to your liking, but beyond that it should all work the same.

NOTE: By deisgn the Airvideo process that is kicked off at the end of the script will not start for 1 minute.  Please be patient and wait before you try and connect to the Airvideo Server process from an iDevice.

If you have any problems with the package I will need to see the output of the commands below:

• /boot/packages/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -version
  • ls /boot/packages/ffmpeg/
  • cat /boot/packages/test.properties
  • cat /boot/packages/AirVideoServerLinux.jar.manual_install
  • ps -ef | grep Airvideo

and I would like to know ALL of the other addon's you are running even if not installed through unMenu.

Let me know if there are any questions/bugs found in this thread.

EDIT 6-13-2011:

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS (until the package has been added to unMenu)

• Replace the old .conf file with the new
  • Use the package manager to open the package
  • Click on the button to edit the configuration
  • Save it, even if you do not need to change anything
  • Click on the re-install with new values button
  • Click on the re-install on re-boot button

EDIT 7-1-2011:

I have attached 2 .conf files.  I have split out the install of Java since it can be used by more than just the Air Video package. For most of you the jre-unmenu-package.conf file means nothing as the java package is already downloaded.  I still suggest putting both conf files in place so that they are both the newest version.  The airvideo-unmenu-package.conf file has very small changes and has not really been modified in any significant way.

EDIT 7-5-2011:

NOTE: Newest version of the airvideo-unmenu-package.conf and jre-unmenu-package.conf have been added to the main unMenu distribution.  PLEASE DO A CHECK FOR UPDATES AND INSTALL THE NEWEST FILES.

EDIT 7-7-2011:

Some users seem to be having problem where the correct version of ffmpeg is not being selected for compile.  I can not reproduce this on my system at this time, but I will look at it when I get a chance.

The best way around this for now is to delete the ffmpeg-for-2.2.5.tar.bz2 file from the packages folder on the flash drive before trying to install the newest version of Air Video. These commands should work to delete ffmpeg

rm ffmpeg-for-2.2.5.tar.bz2

jre-unmenu-package.conf

airvideo-unmenu-package.conf

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pro.....how do we update?

Just replace the airvideo.conf with this new one.  And restart the server?

Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

Replace the old .conf file with the new, then

use the package manager to open the package, Click on the button to edit the configuration, and save it, even if you do not need to change anything.

Click on the re-install with new values button.

Click on the re-install on re-boot button.

Thanks that worked.  However, I had to manually download 2 packages ( x264-20110510-i486-1alien.tgz  and  pkg-config-0.23-i486-2.txz)

Started showing thumbnails immediately and played live conversion as soon as I pressed the button.  Thanks again!!

use the package manager to open the package, Click on the button to edit the configuration, and save it, even if you do not need to change anything.

Thanks prostuff1 and Joe. Just updated Airvideo on my server. First run failed due to gcc not installed. I installing gcc, the update worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

Opps... Should have included those in my first post.  Thanks for putting those up here, I have copied the instructions to the first post.

Two things that I noticed with the latest beta:

1. live conversion no longer works in an iphone 2g. When "play with live conversion" is initiated, it goes to Preparing video > Loading Movie > Exits back to menu

2. it takes a longer time before video starts to play in an iphone 4. The previous beta starts playing videos much faster.

Two things that I noticed with the latest beta:

1. live conversion no longer works in an iphone 2g

I can't control compatibility, plus I only have and iPhone 3GS and 3G iPod touch to test with.

2. it takes a longer time before video starts to play in an iphone 4. The previous beta starts playing videos much faster

If I had to guess they are queueing more of the video before they send it of to the device.  That way the video conversion can get ahead of the playing by more margin.

Thanks for all your hard work. I followed your instructions to reinstall and it still doesn't work :(

It's pretty much as it was before, "communication error" from the iPad.

I installed AirVideo server on my Windows PC to test and it works fine.

Shame, I don't really know what else to try.

FINALLY (sort of:)

I can now connect to the AIrVideo server but cannot see any thubmnails so there cannot play anything.

I guess this might be related to ffmeg?

Not quite enough information for me to help.  A hardware breakdown would be much appreciated also.

I need to see the content of:

• /boot/packages/test.properties
  • /boot/packages/AirVideoServerLinux.jar.manual_install
  • /boot/packages/ffmpeg/

also give me the output of:

ps -ef | grep Airvideo

Me again :)

I have a test folder with 3 different video files and diskx

I have tried;

/mnt/diskx/test

/mnt/user/test

/mnt/test

Are any of these wrong?

Did any of you have to change permissions on the share?

If the folder "test" is a User Share then you should be able to use /mnt/user/test.  If it is not a User Share then you will need to use /mnt/diskX/test were the the "X" is replaced with the correct disk number.

/mnt/test would be wrong... unless you specifically created it.

Not quite enough information for me to help.  A hardware breakdown would be much appreciated also

Intel® Core i5 CPU        760  @ 2.80GHz

8GB of RAM

What else do you nee to know?

I need to see the content of:

• /boot/packages/test.properties
  • /boot/packages/AirVideoServerLinux.jar.manual_install
  • /boot/packages/ffmpeg/

path.ffmpeg = /boot/packages/ffmpeg/ffmpeg
path.mp4creator = /usr/bin/mp4creator
path.faac = /usr/bin/faac
password = 
subtitles.encoding = windows-1250
subtitles.font = Verdana
folders = /mnt/test

PACKAGE_DIRECTORY=/boot/packages
SCRIPT_DIRECTORY=/boot/unmenu
MyHost=http://msstorage:89
MyPort=89
vPassword=""
vFolders="/mnt/test"
vTMPDIR="/var/tmp"
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/x264-20110510-i486-1alien.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/faac-1.26-i486-1gds.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/faad2-2.6.1-i486-2gds.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/xvidcore-1.2.1-i486-1sl.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/jam-2.5-i486-2gal.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/lame-3.98.2-i486-1gds.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/mpeg4ip-1.5.0.1-i486-1ahl.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/yasm-0.7.2-i486-1sl.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/libX11-1.1.5-i486-1.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/libxcb-1.0-i486-1ced.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/libXau-1.0.4-i486-1.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/pkg-config-0.23-i486-2.txz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/git-1.7.1-i486-1.txz
if [[ ! -z $(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print$2}') ]]; then
sleep 5
for i in $(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print$2}')
do
if [[ $(ps -fp $i | awk 'NR>1' | awk '{print $10}') = "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/AirVideoServerLinux.jar" ]]; then
kill $i
echo "<font color=\"red\"><b>Killed \"$i\"</b></font>"
fi
sleep 5
done
fi
sleep 5
MEM="$(free -m | grep Mem: | awk '{print$2}')"
ulimit -v 250000
if [ "${MEM}" -lt 768 ]; then
echo "Warning: You may not have enough memory ( $MEM ) to compile ffmpeg, but we'll try and see how far we can get."
fi
INSTALLED_FFMPEG_VERSION=`${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -version 2>&1 | awk 'NF==2' | awk '{ field = $NF}; END{ print field }'`
LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION=`ls -lrt ${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY} | grep ffmpeg-for- | awk 'END{print $NF}'`
CACHE_PRESSURE=`sysctl vm.vfs_cache_pressure| awk '{print $3}'`
if [[ ! -x "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg" || "${INSTALLED_FFMPEG_VERSION}" != "${LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION}" ]]; then
test ! -f /usr/bin/bzip2 && echo "An untar program was not detected.  Please install the Parallel bzip package."
test ! -f /usr/bin/bzip2 && exit
test ! -f /usr/bin/cc && echo "The C compiler has not been installed.  ffmpeg compile not possible"
test ! -f /usr/bin/cc && exit
rm -rf "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/
sync
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
sysctl -w vm.vfs_cache_pressure=200
cd "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}";
if [ -f /usr/bin/bzip2 ]; then 
tar --no-same-owner -xf "${LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION}";
else
tar --use-compress-prog=pbzip2 --no-same-owner -xf "${LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION}";
fi
mkdir -p "${vTMPDIR-/var/tmp}"
TMPDIR="${vTMPDIR-/var/tmp}"; export TMPDIR
echo TMPDIR set to $TMPDIR
cd "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg";
mv "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh.old
echo '#!/bin/sh' > "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "# no revision number found" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "test \"\$revision\" || revision=UNKNOWN" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "# releases extract the version number from the VERSION file" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "test \"\$version\" || version=\$revision" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "NEW_REVISION=\"#define FFMPEG_VERSION \\\"\$version\\\"\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "OLD_REVISION=\$(cat version.h 2> /dev/null)" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "# Update version.h only on revision changes to avoid spurious rebuilds" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "if test \"\$NEW_REVISION\" != \"\$OLD_REVISION\"; then" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "    echo \"\$NEW_REVISION\" > \"\$2\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "fi" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
sed -i "s@UNKNOWN@${LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION}@ " "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
./configure.orig.fixed --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads \
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 \
--enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --disable-shared --enable-static;
make
fi
sysctl -w vm.vfs_cache_pressure=$CACHE_PRESSURE
test ! -f "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg" && echo "ffmpeg compile failed. install aborted"
test ! -f "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg" && exit
test ! -f /usr/lib/java/bin/java && installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/jre-6u11-i586-1.tgz
[ ! -d /etc/rc.d/unraid.d ] && mkdir /etc/rc.d/unraid.d
if [ ! -f /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo ]; then
echo 'case $1 in' >/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "start)" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "cd ${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "air-video-server.sh test.properties" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo ";;" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "stop)" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "while [[ \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$10}' | awk '{ field = \$NF}; END{ print field }') != \"\" ]]" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "do" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "   if [[ \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$10}' | awk '{ field = \$NF}; END{ print field }') == \"\${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/AirVideoServerLinux.jar\" ]]; then" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "        kill \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$2}' | awk '{ field = \$NF}; END{ print field }');" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "        sleep 5" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "   fi" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "done" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "esac" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
chmod +x /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
fi
echo "#UNMENU_RELEASE \$Revision: 75 \$ \$Date: 2010-04-25 22:20:22 -0400 (Sun, 25 Apr 2010) \$" > "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Start AirVideo" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will start the AirVideo service so you can stream and live convert files" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_TEST test -e /boot/packages/AirVideoServerLinux.jar && echo \"Start AirVideo\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "echo \"<pre>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "set -xv" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "cd ${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "echo \"air-video-server.sh test.properties &\" | at now + 1 minute" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo   >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "#UNMENU_RELEASE \$Revision: 75 \$ \$Date: 2010-04-25 22:20:22 -0400 (Sun, 25 Apr 2010) \$" > "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Stop AirVideo" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will stop the AirVideo service from running so that the array can be stopped cleanly" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_TEST test -x /boot/packages/AirVideoServerLinux.jar && echo \"Stop AirVideo\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "echo \"<pre>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "set -xv" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "if [[ ! -z \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$2}') ]]; then" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "sleep 5" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "   for i in \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$2}')" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "   do" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "      if [[ \$(ps -fp \$i | awk 'NR>1' | awk '{print \$10}') = \"\${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/AirVideoServerLinux.jar\" ]]; then" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "         kill \$i" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "         echo \"<font color=\"red\"><b>Killed \"\$i\"</b></font>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "      fi" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "      sleep 5" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "   done" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "fi" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
rm -f "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
touch "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "path.ffmpeg = ${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "path.mp4creator = /usr/bin/mp4creator" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "path.faac = /usr/bin/faac" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "password = passwordPlaceHolder" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "subtitles.encoding = windows-1250" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "subtitles.font = Verdana" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "folders = folderPlaceHolder" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
sed -i s@passwordPlaceHolder@"${vPassword}"@ "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
sed -i s@folderPlaceHolder@"${vFolders}"@ "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
rm -f "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
touch "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "#!/bin/bash" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "PROPFILE='/etc/conf.d/air-video-server'" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "LOCALPROP=\`echo ~/.air-video-server/air-video-server.properties\`" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "if [ -a \"\$1\" ]; then" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "  PROPFILE=\"\$1\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "else" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "  [ -a \"\$LOCALPROP\" ] && PROPFILE=\"\$LOCALPROP\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "fi" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "exec /usr/lib/jre1.6.0_11/bin/java -jar "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/AirVideoServerLinux.jar \"\$PROPFILE\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
chmod +x "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "Version: 2.4.5-beta6" > /var/log/airvideo
cd "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"
echo "bash air-video-server.sh test.properties" | at now + 1 minute

Do you need all the contents of the folder ffmpeg?

also give me the output of:

ps -ef | grep Airvideo

31191  7280  0 21:57 pts/1    00:00:00 grep Airvideo

Thanks man.

Not quite enough information for me to help.  A hardware breakdown would be much appreciated also

Intel® Core i5 CPU        760  @ 2.80GHz

8GB of RAM

Plenty of horsepower

What else do you nee to know?

unRAID version and any other addon's you might be running please.

path.ffmpeg = /boot/packages/ffmpeg/ffmpeg
path.mp4creator = /usr/bin/mp4creator
path.faac = /usr/bin/faac
password = 
subtitles.encoding = windows-1250
subtitles.font = Verdana
folders = /mnt/test

The above file looks like it was created correctly, save for the fact that /mnt/test probably does not exist.  You will need to change that folder to point to the correct location.

PACKAGE_DIRECTORY=/boot/packages
SCRIPT_DIRECTORY=/boot/unmenu
MyHost=http://msstorage:89
MyPort=89
vPassword=""
vFolders="/mnt/test"
vTMPDIR="/var/tmp"
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/x264-20110510-i486-1alien.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/faac-1.26-i486-1gds.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/faad2-2.6.1-i486-2gds.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/xvidcore-1.2.1-i486-1sl.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/jam-2.5-i486-2gal.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/lame-3.98.2-i486-1gds.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/mpeg4ip-1.5.0.1-i486-1ahl.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/yasm-0.7.2-i486-1sl.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/libX11-1.1.5-i486-1.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/libxcb-1.0-i486-1ced.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/libXau-1.0.4-i486-1.tgz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/pkg-config-0.23-i486-2.txz
installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/git-1.7.1-i486-1.txz
if [[ ! -z $(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print$2}') ]]; then
sleep 5
for i in $(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print$2}')
do
if [[ $(ps -fp $i | awk 'NR>1' | awk '{print $10}') = "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/AirVideoServerLinux.jar" ]]; then
kill $i
echo "<font color=\"red\"><b>Killed \"$i\"</b></font>"
fi
sleep 5
done
fi
sleep 5
MEM="$(free -m | grep Mem: | awk '{print$2}')"
ulimit -v 250000
if [ "${MEM}" -lt 768 ]; then
echo "Warning: You may not have enough memory ( $MEM ) to compile ffmpeg, but we'll try and see how far we can get."
fi
INSTALLED_FFMPEG_VERSION=`${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -version 2>&1 | awk 'NF==2' | awk '{ field = $NF}; END{ print field }'`
LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION=`ls -lrt ${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY} | grep ffmpeg-for- | awk 'END{print $NF}'`
CACHE_PRESSURE=`sysctl vm.vfs_cache_pressure| awk '{print $3}'`
if [[ ! -x "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg" || "${INSTALLED_FFMPEG_VERSION}" != "${LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION}" ]]; then
test ! -f /usr/bin/bzip2 && echo "An untar program was not detected.  Please install the Parallel bzip package."
test ! -f /usr/bin/bzip2 && exit
test ! -f /usr/bin/cc && echo "The C compiler has not been installed.  ffmpeg compile not possible"
test ! -f /usr/bin/cc && exit
rm -rf "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/
sync
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
sysctl -w vm.vfs_cache_pressure=200
cd "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}";
if [ -f /usr/bin/bzip2 ]; then 
tar --no-same-owner -xf "${LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION}";
else
tar --use-compress-prog=pbzip2 --no-same-owner -xf "${LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION}";
fi
mkdir -p "${vTMPDIR-/var/tmp}"
TMPDIR="${vTMPDIR-/var/tmp}"; export TMPDIR
echo TMPDIR set to $TMPDIR
cd "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg";
mv "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh.old
echo '#!/bin/sh' > "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "# no revision number found" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "test \"\$revision\" || revision=UNKNOWN" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "# releases extract the version number from the VERSION file" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "test \"\$version\" || version=\$revision" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "NEW_REVISION=\"#define FFMPEG_VERSION \\\"\$version\\\"\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "OLD_REVISION=\$(cat version.h 2> /dev/null)" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "# Update version.h only on revision changes to avoid spurious rebuilds" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "if test \"\$NEW_REVISION\" != \"\$OLD_REVISION\"; then" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "    echo \"\$NEW_REVISION\" > \"\$2\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
echo "fi" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
sed -i "s@UNKNOWN@${LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION}@ " "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/ffmpeg/version.sh
./configure.orig.fixed --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads \
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 \
--enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --disable-shared --enable-static;
make
fi
sysctl -w vm.vfs_cache_pressure=$CACHE_PRESSURE
test ! -f "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg" && echo "ffmpeg compile failed. install aborted"
test ! -f "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg" && exit
test ! -f /usr/lib/java/bin/java && installpkg "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/jre-6u11-i586-1.tgz
[ ! -d /etc/rc.d/unraid.d ] && mkdir /etc/rc.d/unraid.d
if [ ! -f /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo ]; then
echo 'case $1 in' >/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "start)" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "cd ${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "air-video-server.sh test.properties" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "stop)" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "while [[ \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$10}' | awk '{ field = \$NF}; END{ print field }') != \"\" ]]" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "do" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "   if [[ \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$10}' | awk '{ field = \$NF}; END{ print field }') == \"\${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/AirVideoServerLinux.jar\" ]]; then" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "        kill \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$2}' | awk '{ field = \$NF}; END{ print field }');" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "        sleep 5" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "   fi" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "done" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
echo "esac" >>/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
chmod +x /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_airvideo
fi
echo "#UNMENU_RELEASE \$Revision: 75 \$ \$Date: 2010-04-25 22:20:22 -0400 (Sun, 25 Apr 2010) \$" > "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Start AirVideo" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will start the AirVideo service so you can stream and live convert files" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_TEST test -e /boot/packages/AirVideoServerLinux.jar && echo \"Start AirVideo\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "echo \"<pre>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "set -xv" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "cd ${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "echo \"air-video-server.sh test.properties &\" | at now + 1 minute" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo   >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_start_airvideo"
echo "#UNMENU_RELEASE \$Revision: 75 \$ \$Date: 2010-04-25 22:20:22 -0400 (Sun, 25 Apr 2010) \$" > "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Stop AirVideo" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR This will stop the AirVideo service from running so that the array can be stopped cleanly" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "#define USER_SCRIPT_TEST test -x /boot/packages/AirVideoServerLinux.jar && echo \"Stop AirVideo\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "echo \"<pre>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "set -xv" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "if [[ ! -z \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$2}') ]]; then" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "sleep 5" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "   for i in \$(ps -ef | grep AirVideoServerLinux.jar | grep -v grep | awk '{print\$2}')" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "   do" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "      if [[ \$(ps -fp \$i | awk 'NR>1' | awk '{print \$10}') = \"\${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/AirVideoServerLinux.jar\" ]]; then" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "         kill \$i" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "         echo \"<font color=\"red\"><b>Killed \"\$i\"</b></font>\"" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "      fi" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "      sleep 5" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "   done" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo "fi" >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
echo  >> "${SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/41-unmenu_user_script_stop_airvideo"
rm -f "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
touch "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "path.ffmpeg = ${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}/ffmpeg/ffmpeg" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "path.mp4creator = /usr/bin/mp4creator" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "path.faac = /usr/bin/faac" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "password = passwordPlaceHolder" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "subtitles.encoding = windows-1250" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "subtitles.font = Verdana" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
echo "folders = folderPlaceHolder" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
sed -i s@passwordPlaceHolder@"${vPassword}"@ "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
sed -i s@folderPlaceHolder@"${vFolders}"@ "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/test.properties
rm -f "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
touch "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "#!/bin/bash" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "PROPFILE='/etc/conf.d/air-video-server'" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "LOCALPROP=\`echo ~/.air-video-server/air-video-server.properties\`" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "if [ -a \"\$1\" ]; then" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "  PROPFILE=\"\$1\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "else" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "  [ -a \"\$LOCALPROP\" ] && PROPFILE=\"\$LOCALPROP\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "fi" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "exec /usr/lib/jre1.6.0_11/bin/java -jar "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/AirVideoServerLinux.jar \"\$PROPFILE\"" >> "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
chmod +x "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"/air-video-server.sh
echo "Version: 2.4.5-beta6" > /var/log/airvideo
cd "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}"
echo "bash air-video-server.sh test.properties" | at now + 1 minute

The above looks fine also, save for the folder thing I mentioned above.

Do you need all the contents of the folder ffmpeg?

A

ls /boot/packages/ffmpeg/

should tell me everything I need to know

31191  7280  0 21:57 pts/1    00:00:00 grep Airvideo

AirVideo does not appear to be running. Can I have the entire output of

ps -ef

The Airvideo process will start 1 minute after the install completes.  This is by design and not something I plan on changing.  I will probably add something to the first post aout that and see if I can echo a message to the screen about it also.

unRAID 4.7

Couch Potato

SABnzbd

Sick Beard

Transmission

I changed the folder to point to /mnt/disk7/test

Actually AirVideo didn't start at all so I started it manually by

cd /boot/packages

bash air-video-server.sh test.properties &

pf -ef gives this

UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
root         1     0  0 May23 ?        00:00:06 init
root         2     0  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kthreadd]
root         3     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [migration/0]
root         4     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksoftirqd/0]
root         5     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [migration/1]
root         6     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksoftirqd/1]
root         7     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [migration/2]
root         8     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksoftirqd/2]
root         9     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [migration/3]
root        10     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksoftirqd/3]
root        11     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [events/0]
root        12     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [events/1]
root        13     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [events/2]
root        14     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [events/3]
root        15     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [khelper]
root        20     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [async/mgr]
root       124     2  0 May23 ?        00:01:56 [sync_supers]
root       126     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [bdi-default]
root       128     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kblockd/0]
root       129     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kblockd/1]
root       130     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kblockd/2]
root       131     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kblockd/3]
root       132     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kacpid]
root       133     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kacpi_notify]
root       134     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kacpi_hotplug]
root       269     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:06 [ata/0]
root       270     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:03 [ata/1]
root       271     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ata/2]
root       272     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:03 [ata/3]
root       273     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ata_aux]
root       277     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksuspend_usbd]
root       282     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [khubd]
root       285     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kseriod]
root       322     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [rpciod/0]
root       323     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [rpciod/1]
root       324     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [rpciod/2]
root       325     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [rpciod/3]
root       373     2  0 May23 ?        00:02:50 [kswapd0]
root       418     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [aio/0]
root       419     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [aio/1]
root       420     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [aio/2]
root       421     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [aio/3]
root       427     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [nfsiod]
root       432     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kslowd000]
root       433     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kslowd001]
root       681     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [usbhid_resumer]
root       720     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/udevd --daemon
root       936     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_0]
root       937     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_1]
root       938     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_2]
root       939     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_3]
root       940     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_4]
root       943     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_5]
root       945     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_6]
root       947     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_7]
root       952     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_8]
root       953     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [usb-storage]
root       972     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_9]
root       973     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_10]
root       974     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_11]
root       975     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_12]
root      1536     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/syslogd -m0
root      1540     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/klogd -c 3 -x
root      1579     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:08 /usr/sbin/ifplugd -i eth0 -fwI -
bin       1587     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/rpc.portmap
nobody    1591     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/rpc.statd
root      1601     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/inetd
root      1611     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/acpid
root      1618     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:02 /usr/sbin/crond -l10
daemon    1620     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/atd -b 15 -l 1
root      1913     1  0 May23 ?        00:46:48 /usr/local/sbin/emhttp
root      2168     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:12 /usr/sbin/ntpd -g -p /var/run/nt
root      2431  7280  0 22:09 pts/1    00:00:00 /usr/lib/jre1.6.0_11/bin/java -j
root      2786     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [reiserfs/0]
root      2787     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:02 [reiserfs/1]
root      2788     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:29 [reiserfs/2]
root      2789     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:34 [reiserfs/3]
root      3012     2  0 22:21 ?        00:00:00 [flush-8:48]
root      3017  7280  0 22:23 pts/1    00:00:00 ps -ef
root      7276 11621  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:02 sshd: root@pts/1
root      7280  7276  0 Jun13 pts/1    00:00:00 -bash
nobody    9060     1  1 May23 ?        07:59:26 python SABnzbd.py --daemon
root     10357     1  0 May24 ?        00:32:30 perl slimserver.pl --daemon --us
istat    11217     1  0 May23 ?        00:08:50 /usr/local/bin/istatd -d
root     11621     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/sshd
root     12994     1  0 May23 ?        00:18:10 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -g
root     13258     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/lighttpd-angel -D -f /
root     13259     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 awk -W re-interval -f /boot/cust
root     13261 13258  0 May23 ?        00:00:08 /usr/sbin/lighttpd -D -f /boot/c
root     13272 13261  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi
root     13273 13261  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi
root     13356 13261  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi
root     13357 13261  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi
root     13358 13273  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi
root     13359 13272  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi
root     13360 13357  0 May23 ?        00:00:02 /usr/bin/php-cgi
root     13361 13356  0 May23 ?        00:00:01 /usr/bin/php-cgi
root     13610     1  0 May23 tty1     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux
root     13611     1  0 May23 tty2     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty2 linux
root     13612     1  0 May23 tty3     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty3 linux
root     13613     1  0 May23 tty4     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty4 linux
root     13614     1  0 May23 tty5     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty5 linux
root     13615     1  0 May23 tty6     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty6 linux
root     14315     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:14 /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
root     14317     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
root     14323 14317  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
root     14400     2  0 May23 ?        00:24:05 [mdrecoveryd]
root     14401     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14403     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14404     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14405     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14406     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14407     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14408     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14409     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14410     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
root     14411     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]
nobody   17192     1  0 Jun10 ?        00:16:09 /usr/bin/python CouchPotato.py -
nobody   18125     1  0 Jun12 ?        00:10:04 /usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/.sick
root     20139 14317  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:06 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
root     20422     2  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:03 [flush-9:2]
root     22129 14317  0 Jun10 ?        00:00:06 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
root     22402 14317  0 May27 ?        00:01:58 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
root     26885 11621  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:02 sshd: root@notty
root     26889 26885  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:01 /usr/libexec/sftp-server
root     29133     2  0 May24 ?        02:15:07 [unraidd]
root     29237     1  0 May24 ?        00:02:23 /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -
root     29245     1  0 May24 ?        00:05:22 /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user0

unRAID 4.7

Couch Potato

SABnzbd

Sick Beard

Transmission

OK, those should not interfere with the operation of Airvideo, I know the PS3MS might, though have not tried installing it alongside Airvideo as of yet.  Not enough time to test everything.

I changed the folder to point to /mnt/disk7/test

OK, so long as the test folder is on disk7 you should be good with that.

Actually AirVideo didn't start at all so I started it manually by

cd /boot/packages

bash air-video-server.sh test.properties &

I never had an instance were it did not start if everything got installed properly.  The above code you gave to start it will probably work though might not keep the process running if you close the telnet prompt.  Use the "Start Airvideo" button on the User Scripts page of unMenu.  Again, it should start after 1 minute

pf -ef gives this

UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD

root         1     0  0 May23 ?        00:00:06 init

root         2     0  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kthreadd]

root         3     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [migration/0]

root         4     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksoftirqd/0]

root         5     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [migration/1]

root         6     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksoftirqd/1]

root         7     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [migration/2]

root         8     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksoftirqd/2]

root         9     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [migration/3]

root        10     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksoftirqd/3]

root        11     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [events/0]

root        12     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [events/1]

root        13     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [events/2]

root        14     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [events/3]

root        15     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [khelper]

root        20     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [async/mgr]

root       124     2  0 May23 ?        00:01:56 [sync_supers]

root       126     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [bdi-default]

root       128     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kblockd/0]

root       129     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kblockd/1]

root       130     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kblockd/2]

root       131     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kblockd/3]

root       132     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kacpid]

root       133     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kacpi_notify]

root       134     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kacpi_hotplug]

root       269     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:06 [ata/0]

root       270     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:03 [ata/1]

root       271     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ata/2]

root       272     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:03 [ata/3]

root       273     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ata_aux]

root       277     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [ksuspend_usbd]

root       282     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [khubd]

root       285     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kseriod]

root       322     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [rpciod/0]

root       323     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [rpciod/1]

root       324     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [rpciod/2]

root       325     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [rpciod/3]

root       373     2  0 May23 ?        00:02:50 [kswapd0]

root       418     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [aio/0]

root       419     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [aio/1]

root       420     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [aio/2]

root       421     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [aio/3]

root       427     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [nfsiod]

root       432     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kslowd000]

root       433     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [kslowd001]

root       681     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [usbhid_resumer]

root       720     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/udevd --daemon

root       936     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_0]

root       937     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_1]

root       938     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_2]

root       939     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_3]

root       940     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_4]

root       943     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_5]

root       945     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_6]

root       947     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_7]

root       952     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_8]

root       953     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [usb-storage]

root       972     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_9]

root       973     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_10]

root       974     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_11]

root       975     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [scsi_eh_12]

root      1536     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/syslogd -m0

root      1540     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/klogd -c 3 -x

root      1579     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:08 /usr/sbin/ifplugd -i eth0 -fwI -

bin       1587     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/rpc.portmap

nobody    1591     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/rpc.statd

root      1601     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/inetd

root      1611     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/acpid

root      1618     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:02 /usr/sbin/crond -l10

daemon    1620     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/atd -b 15 -l 1

root      1913     1  0 May23 ?        00:46:48 /usr/local/sbin/emhttp

root      2168     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:12 /usr/sbin/ntpd -g -p /var/run/nt

root      2431  7280  0 22:09 pts/1    00:00:00 /usr/lib/jre1.6.0_11/bin/java -j

root      2786     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [reiserfs/0]

root      2787     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:02 [reiserfs/1]

root      2788     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:29 [reiserfs/2]

root      2789     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:34 [reiserfs/3]

root      3012     2  0 22:21 ?        00:00:00 [flush-8:48]

root      3017  7280  0 22:23 pts/1    00:00:00 ps -ef

root      7276 11621  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:02 sshd: root@pts/1

root      7280  7276  0 Jun13 pts/1    00:00:00 -bash

nobody    9060     1  1 May23 ?        07:59:26 python SABnzbd.py --daemon

root     10357     1  0 May24 ?        00:32:30 perl slimserver.pl --daemon --us

istat    11217     1  0 May23 ?        00:08:50 /usr/local/bin/istatd -d

root     11621     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/sshd

root     12994     1  0 May23 ?        00:18:10 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -g

root     13258     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/lighttpd-angel -D -f /

root     13259     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 awk -W re-interval -f /boot/cust

root     13261 13258  0 May23 ?        00:00:08 /usr/sbin/lighttpd -D -f /boot/c

root     13272 13261  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi

root     13273 13261  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi

root     13356 13261  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi

root     13357 13261  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi

root     13358 13273  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi

root     13359 13272  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php-cgi

root     13360 13357  0 May23 ?        00:00:02 /usr/bin/php-cgi

root     13361 13356  0 May23 ?        00:00:01 /usr/bin/php-cgi

root     13610     1  0 May23 tty1     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux

root     13611     1  0 May23 tty2     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty2 linux

root     13612     1  0 May23 tty3     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty3 linux

root     13613     1  0 May23 tty4     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty4 linux

root     13614     1  0 May23 tty5     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty5 linux

root     13615     1  0 May23 tty6     00:00:00 /sbin/agetty 38400 tty6 linux

root     14315     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:14 /usr/sbin/nmbd -D

root     14317     1  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D

root     14323 14317  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D

root     14400     2  0 May23 ?        00:24:05 [mdrecoveryd]

root     14401     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14403     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14404     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14405     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14406     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14407     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14408     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14409     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14410     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

root     14411     2  0 May23 ?        00:00:00 [spinupd]

nobody   17192     1  0 Jun10 ?        00:16:09 /usr/bin/python CouchPotato.py -

nobody   18125     1  0 Jun12 ?        00:10:04 /usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/.sick

root     20139 14317  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:06 /usr/sbin/smbd -D

root     20422     2  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:03 [flush-9:2]

root     22129 14317  0 Jun10 ?        00:00:06 /usr/sbin/smbd -D

root     22402 14317  0 May27 ?        00:01:58 /usr/sbin/smbd -D

root     26885 11621  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:02 sshd: root@notty

root     26889 26885  0 Jun13 ?        00:00:01 /usr/libexec/sftp-server

root     29133     2  0 May24 ?        02:15:07 [unraidd]

root     29237     1  0 May24 ?        00:02:23 /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -

root     29245     1  0 May24 ?        00:05:22 /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user0

I think the line in read is the Air Video process but it looks like some of the text was cut off because of the width of the window.

If the above statement is true and Air Video is actually running then it should work.  The only other thing I can say is to check and make sure you have the newest version of the Airvideo application installed on your iPad.  I am using the iPhone app that was released on May 14th and is version 2.4.8

root      2431    1  0 22:09 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib/jre1.6.0_11/bin/java -jar /boot/packages/AirVideoServerLinux.jar test.properties

You're right about it being AirVideo.

I'll check which version is installed and get back to you..

Thnak you very much for your help so far.

Version 2.4.8 which I uninstalled then reinstalled and restarted the iPad, still no thumbnails :(

I honestly do not know then.  Everything looks to be installed correctly and working from the Air Video Server side.

If you can send me the files you are trying to test with I might be able to look into the problem further.  Not sure of the easiest way to get them to me but we can try and figure that out via Private message if you like.

Hey prostuff, that's very kind but I tried 3 different file types, .avi, .mkv and mp4 from my Windows PC (using the same folder on my unRAID) and these work fine so I don't believe it's a file format or codec problem.

Thanks a lot for all you've done for us.

Hum,  I would still like to get a sample of those files if possible.  I might be able to find something out by them.  I test live conversion on my iPhone using .avi, .mkv, and WMV files.  All worked fine and played without issue, so long as I let the conversion get far enough ahead of the playing.  The P4 my test server runs could not convert on the fly fast enough to keep up with the playing video.

The package has been downloaded over 20 times now, and you are so far the only one having issues with the conversion part.  Do you have any files that DO NOT need conversion that you could test.  Or even create a file that would not need conversion.  If it does not play then it is not an FFMPEG issue.

Can I get the output of:

ls /boot/packages/ffmpeg/

please

The package has been downloaded over 20 times now, and you are so far the only one having issues with the conversion part.  Do you have any files that DO NOT need conversion that you could test.  Or even create a file that would not need conversion.  If it does not play then it is not an FFMPEG issue.

I also had conversion problems on my ipad 1. I could connect to the server and see thumbnails etc. but when I tried to play live conversion it would appear to be starting for a second or two then stop. Odd thing is when i ran htop airvideo/ffmpeg was still running even though nothing was happening in the airvideo app on the ipad. When I closed the airvideo app then the airvideo/ffmpeg process would stop. I reverted back to the old .conf and everything is fine again.

prostuff,

If you think this is a related problem to footballmad's or you just want more troubleshooting fun I'll be glad to give you more information although I won't be home for another 7 hours. If not, no sweat. Thanks for your contributions.

Info off the top of my head:

unraid 4.7

ipad 2.4.8

coucpotato

sabnzbd

sickbeard

crashplan

I also had conversion problems on my ipad 1. I could connect to the server and see thumbnails etc. but when I tried to play live conversion it would appear to be starting for a second or two then stop. Odd thing is when i ran htop airvideo/ffmpeg was still running even though nothing was happening in the airvideo app on the ipad. When I closed the airvideo app then the airvideo/ffmpeg process would stop. I reverted back to the old .conf and everything is fine again.

If you have another device to test with that would be great.  I only have my iPhone 3GS to test with, though I should be able to get a hold of an iPod touch to test with.  I might/though it is a long shot, get an iPad 1 to test with. (I wish I had the money to buy these pieces and parts to test with).

prostuff,

If you think this is a related problem to footballmad's or you just want more troubleshooting fun I'll be glad to give you more information although I won't be home for another 7 hours. If not, no sweat. Thanks for your contributions.

Info off the top of my head:

unraid 4.7

ipad 2.4.8

coucpotato

sabnzbd

sickbeard

crashplan

Not sure if it is related or not, but if you could give me the output of the commands I asked footballmad for that would be great.

Hi,

Here's the output of the ffmpeg directory

COPYING.GPLv2*     Changelog*    Makefile*          _make*         _utils.c*    cmdutils_common_opts.h*  config.log*            configure.rej*        ffmpeg.d*   ffprobe*    ffserver*    ffserver_g*   libavutil/    tests/
COPYING.GPLv3*     Doxyfile*     README*            _overlay.c*    cmdutils.c*  common.mak*              config.mak*            doc/                  ffmpeg.o*   ffprobe.c*  ffserver.c*  libavcodec/   libpostproc/  tools/
COPYING.LGPLv2.1*  INSTALL*      _cmdutils.c*       _resample.c*   cmdutils.d*  config.asm*              configure*             ffmpeg*               ffmpeg_g*   ffprobe.d*  ffserver.d*  libavdevice/  libswscale/   version.h*
COPYING.LGPLv3*    LICENSE*      _configure*        _segmenter.c*  cmdutils.h*  config.fate*             configure.orig*        ffmpeg-mingw32.diff*  ffplay.c*   ffprobe.o*  ffserver.h*  libavfilter/  mt-work/      version.sh*
CREDITS*           MAINTAINERS*  _configure.mingw*  _snapshot*     cmdutils.o*  config.h*                configure.orig.fixed*  ffmpeg.c*             ffpresets/  ffprobe_g*  ffserver.o*  libavformat/  subdir.mak*   version.sh.old*

Let me know how I can pass on the video file to you.

The mkv has been converted to a .m4v when I tested from my Windows PC and I still don't see this.

I wondering if it's not file/folder permissions as when I use my Windows PC I see 2 folders, one where I store the videos and another where it converts them, then once in the folders I see the video thumbnails but nothing at all via my unRAID server.