Server is up, but can't find shares

Well I have parity and 2 drive formatted and everything seems good. Everything is on the same work group but I can't for the life of me get it show its shares onto any of my PCs. I see my other PCs shares, but not the unraid server. Also note: When I put in //tower into a browser it does not pull up my server. Any ideas?? Everything seems to be working and I want to start messing with the server but I can't figure out why I don't see what should be 2 new drives!!

Thanks -Mike

Somtimes windows is finicky try this go to start - run and type in  \\ipaddress

Also check your network.cfg file.  I have mine set up to not use the dhcp server from the router so the tower will stay static.  Also you can try and type in the ip address into the browser windwow instead of tower.

yeah i used the ip address to connect to the web-based management tool. I have the parity and 2 drives formatted and everything seems to be up and running. i was wondering how should I try and map these drives so that my win boxes see the server? I currently have this PC on a different switch than the server.... I am going to try and connect to the one switch and see if that may help. I will let you know!!!

Thank you

Well, I put my PC onto the same switch and no problem, it sees the shares fine and I can connect by \\tower. So, my only worry is that my wireless computers won't be able to access the server? I guess we will wait and see. Time to copy some data over and see what happens when I remove the HD and put in a larger one. I am heading on vacation tomorrow.. the wife is not happy with me right now :)  ;D

Archived