CouchPotato unMenu package

First of all I want to give credit to mrmachine who created the first unMenu package for CouchPotato.  I used what he created as the base for my modifications and updates.

Please keep the discussion in this thread dedicated to INSTALL issues related to the .conf file I created.  If you have a question about CouchPotato setup or operation ask the question in the Application sub-forum or better yet, on the CouchPotato forum.

So attached to this post is the unMenu package you will need.  If you are installing CouchPotato I assume you have installed SABnzb.  Some of the package needed for CouchPotato are installed with SABnzb.  I had to update and split out some of the packages that CouchPotato uses to make it more "modular".  This makes it easier for me to keep up to date.

This package has been tested to work on unRAID 4.7 and the 5.0b6a. It should work on any of the 5.0bX installs, though I have not specifically tested it.  I believe that 5.0b9/10 introduced a new mover script so if you install this to the cache drive you will have to figure out how to keep the folder there.

Drop the attached .conf file in this post into the packages folder and then find the CouchPotato install on the unMenu package manager screen.

I can not and will not guarantee compatibility with current installs of CouchPotato. If you have a current install and try installing using this package then I can not guarantee that I will help fix any issues.

There is one gotcha with this package.  The version of CouchPotato downloaded is from the master branch on github.  What this means is that when master gets updated the file name and MD5 sum end up being wrong in the package manager.  If you use the package manager to download and install using this .conf soonish then you should be OK.  I have a feature request out to Joe L. for an enhancement to the package manager but I have not the slightest clue when the request will make it into main branch unMenu.

EDIT: 7-26-2011

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST .CONF FILE!!  IT has a bug fix related to the creation/recreation of the config.ini file where the SickBeard settings are stored.

EDIT: 7-26-2011

Had to update the file name and MD5 because master branch on github was updated. newest .conf attached to this post.

EDIT: 7-27-2011

Some people appear to be having trouble upgrading to a newer package.  There are a few things to know about upgrading, that I guess I take for granted since I have to usually do a wipe and install during my testing.

1. To fake out the package and allow you to install the it again you will need to run the code below before updating:

rm /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_couchpotato

2. Now you can copy the new .conf in place

3. Make sure to set all your variables to what you need again.

4. Hit the install button.

EDIT: 8-01-2011

Updated the .conf file to match the newest download... will probably change again soon... will update again when that happens.

EDIT: 8-07-2011

Fixed my fubar on the package

EDIT: 8-8-2011

The supplementary packages have now been included in unMenu's main release.  If you want to run CouchPotato with the .conf attached to this post PLEASE UPDATE UNMENU FIRST!!

EDIT: 8-10-2011

Updated the .conf file to match the newest download... will probably change again soon... will update again when that happens.

EDIT: 01-05-2012

EDIT: 01-30-2012

EDIT: 02-12-2012

couchpotato-unmenu-package.conf

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop the attached .conf file in this post and the next into the packages folder and then find the CouchPotato install on the unMenu package manager screen.

Did I miss the second post, or is that a typo?  As always, thanks for the work.

Twas a typo, I copied the majority of the text from my previous SABnzb and Sickbeard unMenu package posts.  It was late and I just wanted to go to bed...

Anyway, typo fixed and thanks for pointing it out.

omg wow, so I just drop this, start on up unmenu, specify a drive to install, 3 clicks and gogogogogo?

sickbeard next? these are amazing.

" What this means is that when master gets updated the file name and MD5 sum end up being wrong in the package manager.  If you use the package manager to download and install using this .conf soonish then you should be OK."

So does this mean that if I use this file later, due to couch potato on github changing/updating, it will be wrong? Sorry, I know you tried to explain it and you probably did it well for 95% of the forum but I'm in the stupid 5% and dont realise the implications.

Thank you again though! This is really amazing and I really appreciate your help in simplifying this stuff for the community!

omg wow, so I just drop this, start on up unmenu, specify a drive to install, 3 clicks and gogogogogo?

sickbeard next? these are amazing.

I released SABnzbd, Sickbeard, and this CouchPotato package yesterday.  Look a few posts down to find them all.

To install this package you will need some of the packages that are attached to the SABnzbd unMenu package post here.

Thanks. I just editted my post with a question. Didn't expect you to be so swift. haha.

If I install them all today/tommorow, will I have any future complications due to the master changing on github or is that just for people wanting to use this install in like 1 year or something?

If I install them all today/tommorow, will I have any future complications due to the master changing on github or is that just for people wanting to use this install in like 1 year or something?

It is for the "people wanting to use this install in like 1 year or something".  If you download with the current .conf and the MD5 checksum matches then that will be the one that is always installed. 

If you update from within the application I am not sure what will happen, as I have not had a chance to be around for an in app update.  I tried to do some magic with the way I am installing it, but I can't promise anything as of right now.

Thank you very much. Sorry to bug you again but if I were to install this on a non-array drive, how shall I format it?

I would format it as reiser.  I believe you can use unMenu to do that.

Also is it okay for me to then mount it using S.N.A.P. and then use your unmenu packages or are they somehow incompatible this way?

No, it should work just fine.  I do a check in the code to see if the install location exists.

Hm, I just tried to install couchpotato through your unmenu install and got the "MD5 of existing downloaded file NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid." response that I'm guessing you were talking about.  I got sickbeard and sab installed through your packages perfectly with no hassle, and I have to say I'm impressed.  Are we just out of luck for the time being for using the package installer on couchpotato until you hear back from Joe?  Not in any kind of a hurry, and I honestly appreciate the beauty of your work and how simple it made it - just wondering if I'm missing something very stupid as I'm still not very linux proficient and fumble my way around.

Hm, I just tried to install couchpotato through your unmenu install and got the "MD5 of existing downloaded file NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid." response that I'm guessing you were talking about.  I got sickbeard and sab installed through your packages perfectly with no hassle, and I have to say I'm impressed.  Are we just out of luck for the time being for using the package installer on couchpotato until you hear back from Joe?  Not in any kind of a hurry, and I honestly appreciate the beauty of your work and how simple it made it - just wondering if I'm missing something very stupid as I'm still not very linux proficient and fumble my way around.

Let me do a check and I should have a fixed package up if need be in about an hour or so.

does not apear to be working as I am getting the same error as yesterday.

Thank you for writing this it makes life in the linix world easier for us gui windows guys.

John

Not my fault this time.  Seems I can't reach the download, even through a normal web browser.

guest what they changed it again augh

now it ends in 774945d.tar.gz

I wonder what is going on 3 updatas in 3days

Thanks for the heads up, I will get to it when I get to it.  Have some other things to do right not but will try to get one up tonight or tomorrow morning.

I got RuudBurger-CouchPotato-028951f.tar.gz.

I had to update the .conf file with that file name and its md5 for me to be able to install it.

Great work on the Sabnzbd, sickbeard, and couchpotato unmenu packages prostuff! Thanks! I'm starting to use these tools even though I've been using newsgroups for a decade.

How did you get the md5 number. I looked on the site for couch potato and could not find it anywhere.

I look like the programmer changes it frequently.

I calculate it by hand and update the package.

Will get a new couchpotato .conf file up here soon.  I fell asleep last night before getting a chance to do it...

I have installed CouchPotato last night.

When I type the move name from CouchPotato website and then I added into the list..

Why is it not downloading? What are the requirement from the CouchPotato options setting to make it work?

I do not know, do you have it set up in conjunction with SABnzb.  I have not set up Couchpotato as of yet, I have it installed but have not messed around with using it.

I don't want to sound like a pain in the arse but these sorts of questions are probably better asked on the CouchPotato, SABnzb, and SickBeard forums.  I would really like to keep these threads dedicated to finding INSTALL issues with the packages I have created.