[SOLVED] Read-only access to unRAID after upgrade to 5b11, HARDWARE ISSUE!

Hi, I only have read access to my array since I upgraded to 5b11 and tried to fix some OS X Lion issues (as reported here).

After noticing the problem:

- Went back to 5b10 and it didn't solve it

- Ran a parity check and the data seems to be ok

- Ran the "New permissions" utility with no success

- I've also tried deleting and re-entering my users and it didn't work either

The read-only issue happens from any OS (Windows, Linux, OS X SL and Lion). Besides the reading from OS X Lion using the AFP shares is not working properly too (I can see the shares but I can't browse the folders).

Some info about my shares:

- In "Settings" AFP and SMB are enabled, the SMS Security Mode is "workgroup"

- All the shares are exported as "Public" in AFP and SMB, except a "Time-Machine" share that is exported as "Yes (TimeMachine)" and "Private" with "read/write" permissions for the authorized users

Any ideas or suggestions?

syslog-2011-08-22.txt

Sorry for the delayed reply, first week of work after holidays has been a nightmare.  ???

Concorde Rules, here's the screenshot of the time-machine share.

Definitely something's really wrong in my server. I can read from the drives but I can't write to, neither from Windows or Mac OS X.

I've double checked all the drives and they're fine: ran file system checks (reiserfschck) and smart reports. I've also tried downgrading from beta 11 to 10 and also 9 with the same results, read-only access.

Now I'm considering doing a clean install with the 4.7 official release, recreating shares and users. What would be the best way for doing this? Is there a way of doing it without having to format the drives?

Screen_Shot_2011-08-24_at_4_22_22_PM.png.a8e09f18e30c6bf697e737ba8e4fcc05.png

Howdy!

Had a similar problem when I went to 5.0b11 with osx 10.7.1.

The first mount gave me a CNID DB warning message and only allowed me a read-only share. No warnings after that. Just a read only volume.

The fix: delete the three .Apple files in my /mnt/user folder and in the shares/folders only one level deeper.

Look for .AppleDouble .AppleDB and .AppleDesktop.

Stopped and restarted afp. Voilla. Hope that works for you

Well, did a clean install of un unRAID 4.7 (Formated USB stick), assigned drives, recreated users and shares, repaired file and directory permissions... and the problem was persisting. Then while re-checking everything again I noticed that I had a blue light (100Mb) instead of a yellow light (1000Mb) in the router port assigned to the unRAID box, I swear it wasn't there before!

The router and the Ethernet wire were fine so it turned out it was the onboard NIC. I've disabled it in the BIOS, replaced it by an Intel PRO 1000/GT and everything is working now.

Just wanted to say that the problem showing up after upgrading to 5b11 was only a coincidence, everything was due to a hardware issue.

Archived