APCUPSD 3.14.10 Plugin for unRAID 5b11+

Long time ago i install the apcupsd package from unmenu and have no problem with it. Because of that i dont want to update or reinstall the package.

But also i want this plugin to see the stats and status in settings page.

So i edit the plugin to integrate with the existing package (3.14.3 in my case) and create the page in settings section.

If you need something like that you can use the attached file (remove txt extension).

PS: I dont know (nearly) anything about plugin development, linux and php :o so use it with your own risk.

Apcupsd-3.14.3_hk.plg.txt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I am having trouble installing the plugin. I placed it in the correct folder but I am getting this error for some reason (attaching a screenshot). Would really appreciate some help. I was able to get it working before on a buddies' server but now I can't get it to work on mine. The install should be pretty straight forward, no?

Capture.JPG

Guys, I am having trouble installing the plugin. I placed it in the correct folder but I am getting this error for some reason (attaching a screenshot). Would really appreciate some help. I was able to get it working before on a buddies' server but now I can't get it to work on mine. The install should be pretty straight forward, no?

Capture.JPG

Try editing the plg file and replace the reference to the apcupsd file with this one, then save it and run the installplg command again. http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/i486/apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-1_rlw.txz

Make sure you change both the URL and the file name.

I thoght that txz extension won't automatically load the plugin?

Do I still type installplg or installpkg or something?

You need to edit the plugin plg file. Replace the URL and file name you see in your screenshot that has the error with the link and file name I provided.

Anyway, I just did that but I still get this error

You need to understand what the message is trying to tell you!  The plugin script tries to fetch the apcupsd distribution from an external server, but the required file is no longer on that server.  What you are being asked to do is to change the plugin script so that the required file is fetched from a different location.

Okay thanks. So where can I get the actual file from? The one on on page 1 also doesn't work...

Also, does unraid have to get the file form the web site every time it reboots? So let's say the link dies fter I have it installed and decide to reboot. Will that plugin automatically stop working?

So someone posted their backuop file in this thread and I placed

apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-1_atv.tgz

flash/packages

Is there any way I can reference this file that is no in the packages folder on the flash drive in the plugin? Or perhaps there is a way I can install the package directly?

But I am unable to change any of the settings nor do I know what they mean...

In order to change the settings, Set Enable APC UPS daemon to No, then click apply.

Then you can change the parameters, as Joe L has explained them, then Apply.

Then set Enable APC UPS daemon to Yes, then click apply.

Thank you

Turns out my issue WAS internet related. The server simply wouldn't connect to it. I switched to DHCP and things are fine. It might be related to DHCP=off in the server and a static route setup in my router for the previous box using that flash drive.

If you have a static IP set on your router you have to keep DHCP on, otherwise your router won't assign you one at all since your server doesn't request one. You can only turn DHCP off if you have set an IP statically on the server itself, because it will then specifically request that IP.

You have it set up correctly though, setting stuff locally on some devices but not all is how you end up with IP collisions because at some point that IP is going to get assigned to a device requesting an IP via DHCP, and then a device where it is set statically on the device itself will come online and ask for it but it's already been assigned and you have a collision. Setting the rules on the router and leaving DHCP on on the devices is the best policy 99.9% of the time.

Turns out my issue WAS internet related. The server simply wouldn't connect to it. I switched to DHCP and things are fine. It might be related to DHCP=off in the server and a static route setup in my router for the previous box using that flash drive.

If you have a static IP set on your router you have to keep DHCP on, otherwise your router won't assign you one at all since your server doesn't request one. You can only turn DHCP off if you have set an IP statically on the server itself, because it will then specifically request that IP.

You have it set up correctly though, setting stuff locally on some devices but not all is how you end up with IP collisions because at some point that IP is going to get assigned to a device requesting an IP via DHCP, and then a device where it is set statically on the device itself will come online and ask for it but it's already been assigned and you have a collision. Setting the rules on the router and leaving DHCP on on the devices is the best policy 99.9% of the time.

Until this new box was brought online, the three servers all had DHCP=OFF, a static assigned IP, and my router also has a list of static IP addresses for various clients, including the servers (.175, .185, .195), which are outside the router's DHCP range (.100-.149). That's why I didn't even consider anything related to my network; the previous physical server (same flash drive) had zero issues with getting out. Plus, LAN1 on this Supermicro didn't work at all when it was first booted. I swapped for LAN2 and connection was achieved. That threw me off, and apparently I never recovered... :P

• 3 weeks later...

May i ask for a little guidance please....

Living in the UK, in a city, it has never been an issue to have UPS backup, but recently we've had 5/6 little power cuts whilst they fix an issue in the road. These dirty shutdowns have lead to the loss of data and i'm concerned eventually something more important will break/corrupt and i lose everything. This has got me thinking about it now and i'm a little lost :)

1) The UPS' i've been looking at only last a couple of minutes, which i presume is enough time that this software needs?

2) Can i buy any UPS and this software will be compatible with it?

3) To save a lot of work, as i want to get this today with more cuts imminent, what are people using that is known to work well?

Thanks

May i ask for a little guidance please....

Living in the UK, in a city, it has never been an issue to have UPS backup, but recently we've had 5/6 little power cuts whilst they fix an issue in the road. These dirty shutdowns have lead to the loss of data and i'm concerned eventually something more important will break/corrupt and i lose everything. This has got me thinking about it now and i'm a little lost :)

1) The UPS' i've been looking at only last a couple of minutes, which i presume is enough time that this software needs?

I would recommend going with something which has a little more capacity.

2) Can i buy any UPS and this software will be compatible with it?

As the name suggests, this plugin is designed to work with APC (Smart)UPS devices.  I believe that it might also be compatible with some Cyberpower units.

3) To save a lot of work, as i want to get this today with more cuts imminent, what are people using that is known to work well?

Thanks

I'm using an APC Back-UPS CS 650

Capture.JPG

Try editing the plg file and replace the reference to the apcupsd file with this one, then save it and run the installplg command again. http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/i486/apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-1_rlw.txz

Make sure you change both the URL and the file name.

This is not working either, file not found.

Is there a complete and working solution for this?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Since the original link to the apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-1_atv.tgz package is gone I modded the plugin to use the RLWorkman package from a site that is not likely to go down (thanks mace5805). The plugin name was changed to Apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw to reflect this.

I also added a fix by zoggy for the fatal log rotation pid error  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=16537.0

All other code SeeDrs.

I'm not a coder so use at your own risk. I just took the initiative to add this code in for myself and to post this so that it might be a bit easier for other less knowledgeable users.

I also PM'd SeeDrs about changing the top page to reflect the new changes and then add this version to the main limetech plugin page if there are no issues.

Here's the code that was changed and added

Lines 27-31

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw.tgz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">
<URL>http://slackware.org.uk/people/rworkman/14.0/i486/apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw.tgz</URL>
<!-- Alternate URL <URL>http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/14.0/i486/apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw.tgz</URL> -->
<MD5>3074706c7cbb5e2a059bc67d2904748c</MD5>
</FILE>

and

Lines 583-584

#Fatal pid log rotation error fix
sed -i -e "s/\$0 stop/\$0 stop\n       sleep 3/" /etc/rc.d/rc.apcupsd

Apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw.plg.txt

• 2 weeks later...

So which download link should I be using? Just got a APC unit and would like to get this setup. I see on the first page there is a link to the unraid app/plugin page. Do I download that one and install via same directions? The one on the unmenu page is .3 should I use that?

Also should I have all hooked up to the APC before installing?

So which download link should I be using? Just got a APC unit and would like to get this setup. I see on the first page there is a link to the unraid app/plugin page. Do I download that one and install via same directions? The one on the unmenu page is .3 should I use that?

Also should I have all hooked up to the APC before installing?

Use the one from the post above yours (just take off .txt extension) or use the one from the plugin page. They're both exactly the same. Install using the same directions but change the name of the plugin to apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw.plg as per my last post.

The plugins will give you a setup and status page under settings in unraid main and you can see it in unmenu. The unmenu packages will be configured in unmenu. The plugin is for .10 (latest). Unmenu has .3, .8 and .10.