unRAID Server release 4.3-beta3 available

Hopefully only the most adventurous amongst of are even contemplating running a beta.

I'm one of those! As much as I love my system stability, I also like assisting in moving these products forward. I generally jump on betas like this on the 2nd-3rd release so those really bad original bugs have already been found though.

I'm just starting out with unRAID, and when I set a new server up I want the latest and greatest.  I figure with all the mods I'll have to do, it'd be easier to start on a beta of 4.3 and upgrade to the final version, than to start with an older version and try to upgrade to 4.3.  Once a server's running good, I tend to just leave it alone.

looking forward to the final

keep up the good work man :)

edit: any chance to add drivers for rocketraid pcie cards? i wanna get rid of my pci card and put in an 8port pcie card..will help w/ the parity build speed.

Or i guess i could add in a pcie SIL based card (which as u noted previously the new kernel supports Port Multiplying), which would produce the same speed as the rocketraid card in terms of building the parity.

thanks

Tom, use the same upgrade procedure from 4.2.1 as the previous betas--copy bzimage and bzroot to the root of the usb key, right?

I'm not Tom, but yes, that is all you need to do to upgrade from 4.2.1.  (aside from rebooting after the two files are copied to the flash drive)

Joe L.