Transmission Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive been getting the segfault errors on all crontab lines in my syslog and im trying to figure out a way to fix this. I am using the version of the plugin that should have fixed this I think. I modified the plug in a bit to use transmission 2.33 as I need his version. Is that the cause of the problem?

IIRC the only versions I ever tested my plugins with are 2.42 and 2.52 (and that's from memory).  Try running the latest version of the plugin I released, and see if the errors are generated.  If they aren't, the problem has to do with the version you're trying to run.  If errors are present they have something to do with your configuration, as the plugin errors don't occur under normal circumstances for others.

i tried this plugin on 5.0-rc5 with no success.

it would install fine, settings were persistent and all that, but the second a torrent was added it died and refused to accept remote webGUI connections or even display its own web based interface. not sure if the download was still occurring.

i removed it completely and installed the unmenu version and it's working flawlessly.

unmenu uses version 2.42, this plug-in uses 2.52. Not sure if the issue is within there or a library installed by this plugin.

I am also using influencers' sickbeard and couchpotato_v2 plug-ins, both working OK before and now.

it would install fine, settings were persistent and all that, but the second a torrent was added it died and refused to accept remote webGUI connections or even display its own web based interface. not sure if the download was still occurring.

i removed it completely and installed the unmenu version and it's working flawlessly.

unmenu uses version 2.42, this plug-in uses 2.52. Not sure if the issue is within there or a library installed by this plugin.

I am also using influencers' sickbeard and couchpotato_v2 plug-ins, both working OK before and now.

I'm not the OP or anything, but I edited the OP's plug in to use 2.42 instead of the newest version of Transmission.. I found that 2.52 was not working very well, so I fixed it to use something more stable.

Give this a try and see how it works.

http://unraid-subsonic-plugin.googlecode.com/files/transmission-2.42-i486-1_W-W.plg

I've successfully used 2.52 and 2.42 with influencer's plugins (Sabnzbd, couchpotato_v2, sickbeard) without issue.  I have a version of 2.42 released as well (and tested magnet links with both).  I don't know if mine is any different from the 2.42 released above.  You can find it here:

http://unraid-sureguy.googlecode.com/files/transmission-2.42.i468-2bw-200612.plg

I've got this PLG, the unRaid 5.0-rc5, SimpleFeatures GUI, and Influencers plugins sickbeard, sabnzbd, and couchpotato v2. I also have Plex installed and working.

When I go to spin down my array, it always hangs on transmission and I have to kill-9 the PID to get it to continue stopping the array.

The file name is: "transmission-2.52p-i486-2-logs-redirected.plg"

but when I look in the PLG file name, it says the filename is "Transmission-2.33-i468-2bw.plg"

Where should I start in solving this issue?

thanks!

Spin down your array or stop it?

What happens if you run the following at the console?

/etc/rc.d/rc.transmission stop

The normal results are:

Stopping transmission...

While I don't run Plex, I am running unRaid 5.0-rc6-r8168-test,  along with Influencers plugins (Sickbeard, Sabnzbd+ and CouchPotato v2).

The "Filename:" portion of the plugin could say "Filename: Applesauce" and have no bearing on the functionality of the plugin, so don't worry about that (I'll update it soonish if it's requested).

before I run the rc script, ps -ef | grep trans reveals there are two transmission processes running.

nobody   15863     1  0 Sep07 ?        00:01:20 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/cache/.transmission/conf --pid-file /var/run/transmission/transmission-daemon.pid
nobody   25022     1  3 08:32 ?        00:00:01 transmission-daemon --logfile /var/log/transmission.log --port 9091 --config-dir /mnt/cache/.transmission --pid-file /var/run/transmission/transmission.pid

running /etc/rc.d/rc.transmission stop, successfully kills returns "Stopping transmission..." then kicks to command prompt.

a ps -ef after running the rc script shows:

nobody   15863     1  0 Sep07 ?        00:01:20 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/cache/.transmission/conf --pid-file /var/run/transmission/transmission-daemon.pid

So it appears that I have a transmission-daemon that is messing with me. Any ideas? Did I forget to uninstall something?

the transmission related contents of /boot/config/plugins:

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root  4096 2012-08-14 10:35 transmission/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10396 2012-07-28 07:38 transmission-2.52p-i486-2-logs-redirected.plg*

thanks!

Untitled-1.gif.f6a8f1a674874ae2798f93b4c81594b7.gif

before I run the rc script, ps -ef | grep trans reveals there are two transmission processes running.

nobody   25022     1  3 08:32 ?        00:00:01 transmission-daemon --logfile /var/log/transmission.log --port 9091 --config-dir /mnt/cache/.transmission --pid-file /var/run/transmission/transmission.pid

running /etc/rc.d/rc.transmission stop, successfully kills returns "Stopping transmission..." then kicks to command prompt.

a ps -ef after running the rc script shows:

So it appears that I have a transmission-daemon that is messing with me. Any ideas? Did I forget to uninstall something?

the transmission related contents of /boot/config/plugins:

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root  4096 2012-08-14 10:35 transmission/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10396 2012-07-28 07:38 transmission-2.52p-i486-2-logs-redirected.plg*

thanks!

You might have another .plg file starting another transmission instance or an older unMenu plugin version doing it.

Stop transmission next

installpkg transmission-2.61-i486-1_PTr.txz and START again

or edit your plugin and replace link to transmission packages with MD5

I had some issues with this method.  I've updated my plugin file so that it should work.  I've taken the txz file piotrasd listed and included it for download in the plugin.  The problems I had were because the txz was failing when looking for libssl.so.1, which didn't exist on my install.  I included the following in the plg, running when the plugin is started:

ln -s /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 /lib/libssl.so.1.0.0
ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
ln -s /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 /lib/libssl.so.1
ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1

and updated the plg to use the correct MD5 for the txz, placed the txz file on google code, and changed some version numbers.  I don't know that creating sym links of the 0.9.8 version to the 1.0.0 version will break things, it may.  I did the following so that I'm comfortable running the plugin this way (and I can always back out of the changes if needed as I have a backup of the old plg):

-  Rebooted, Everything stopped properly

-  Upon reboot Transmission runs, as do other plugins

-  Downloaded a torrent magnet link via a web client.  It downloaded properly

-  Rebooted again, Transmission is still running, and working, downloaded a new magnet link properly. 

If you're interested get it here:

http://unraid-sureguy.googlecode.com/files/transmission-2.61-i486-logs-redirected-updated.plg

I really hope piotrasd is okay with me doing this.  I chose to place the txz file on google code as that should (hopefully) be more robust than a dropbox location.

SureGuy

A new plugin featuring the latest piotrasd release.  Even though he compiled with the older libssl it still failed to launch complaining about libssl 1.0 not being installed.  This release still requires (and includes) the symlink workaround, but it does function.  My testing was as follows:

- Add plugin to my flash drive

- Rename old plugin to pluginname.old

- Reboot

- Download magnet link

- Wait for link to download

- Reboot

Everything within the transmission plugin stops/starts/functions properly on my installation.

Grab it here:

http://unraid-sureguy.googlecode.com/files/transmission-2.61%2B-i486-logs-redirected-updated.plg

Does anyone here use a bit torrent anonymizing proxy service such as BTGuard or some other mechanism with a Transmission server running on unRAID?

I started looking into this and it seems proxy support went away after Transmission version 1.4 and that even then it only supported support tracker, not peer proxies anyway.

Could the OpenVPN Client plugin http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19439.0  be used to accomplish this and if so exactly how?

Thanks for any comments.

A new plugin featuring the latest piotrasd release.  Even though he compiled with the older libssl it still failed to launch complaining about libssl 1.0 not being installed.  This release still requires (and includes) the symlink workaround, but it does function.  My testing was as follows:

Everything within the transmission plugin stops/starts/functions properly on my installation.

Grab it here:

http://unraid-sureguy.googlecode.com/files/transmission-2.61%2B-i486-logs-redirected-updated.plg

Sureguy, plugin works perfect but this release it´s detected as beta in my private tracker so it doesnt work. Old plug 2.42 works fine but has lot of problems with "cant connect to tracker".

Is it possible to get a 2.6x listed as final (2.61 or 2.62 maybe)?

(I know, asking, asking.... always asking  ::) )

i am getting the 403 error with the latest installer. I have been looking for the settings.json to modify it but I can not find it. where is it?

I'm getting this error too.

I've edited the settings.json with the following

"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.0.*",

"rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,

And I also tried running as user root, but still get the same error

My data dir is set to /mnt/disk/Apps/Transmission - this path works ok for the influencer plugins :)

Cheers M

EDIT: Typical it's just started working !!!!!!!!!  ;D

I got it working, I had to change the data directory to the same as my other apps!

i am getting the 403 error with the latest installer. I have been looking for the settings.json to modify it but I can not find it. where is it?

I'm getting this error too.

I've edited the settings.json with the following

"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.0.*",

"rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,

And I also tried running as user root, but still get the same error

My data dir is set to /mnt/disk/Apps/Transmission - this path works ok for the influencer plugins :)

Cheers M

EDIT: Typical it's just started working !!!!!!!!!  ;D