[solved] does the unraid menu crash for you - are you using ESET?

Guys

Just solved a problem on my unraid system that has wasted hours of my life.

If I go to tower in my browser, I get an obscure error and the gui crashes. When I tried to restart service in telnet, I get seg fault errors.

After rebuilding, trying different versions, disabling addons I accidentally discovered the culprit/cause.

When I rebuilt from scratch it worked fine until I changed the root password for unmenu - it then crashed again.

If I restart the server and disable/uninstall eset, it works fine!.

The problem is caused by the ESET web access protection - it crashes emhttp.

To resolve, right click on the eset icon, advanced setup, web access protection/httpchecking UNTICK. You can probably add rules to do this.

Hope that helps!

Tony

Uhhh yes this helps a ton!  Thank You!!!!  My web GUI just simply won't allow me to access it and I know ESET is the culprit since if I disable the firewall I am able to access it.  I played with all sort of local port and address allowances, but they all failed - this worked though.  Thanks again, I love ESET, but it is a bit much at times.

Nate

• 1 year later...

I've personally only ever tried ESET once and I had issue after issue after issue. Refused access to valve's login servers, claimed that one of my favorite forums was hosting malicious content, kept overwriting my rules, etc...

I personally just use Malware Bytes & Sandboxie (Sandboxie is probably the most useful program ever), I don't think I've ever been infected.