An attempt to install MythTV backend onto unRAID server

Hi all,

Opening this topic to detail my attempts to get MythTV installed and running as a backend to either XBMC or Plex if that functionality is still included in the Plex coding...

First things first, im a relative Noob at Linux, and after having my unRAID box for pushing 5 months all of my Linux knowledge has been learnt from these forums and messing around. Theres absolutely loads I dont know, and even more I'm not sure about but im hoping of I post my success's and failures I can either help someone along their way, or someone will point out what I'm doing wrong, or if its even possible!

So, first things first : Dependencies. From http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html the dependencies in order to compile MythTV are mysql, gcc, freetype2-devel, xorg-xserver-devel, qt-devel and lame. It also mentions Lirc but as im concentrating on only making a working backend I'm not bothering with that.

After I get a working unRAID VM to mess about with I'll update everyone on the progress I'm having... Again, PLEASE post if you know this is downright impossible or have any good links or pointers to help me. For one Im not even sure if the dependencies CAN be installed on unRAID!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...