Using 3TB 5K3000 as parity drive?

I am currently building my first unRAID server and am now in the pursuit of good drives.

I can see that 5K3000 is currently one of the most favorited drives - but I have a question I can't find the answer for.

I want to use a 3TB 5K3000 as parity drive and have two 2TB WD green drives as data drives, do I need to resize the Hitachi to make that work?

If I need to resize, what size is then the correct size to resize to - 2TB, 2.048MB or something else?

Last, in need of resizing, how do I do it?

Correct.  No need to resize for unRAID v5 after beta 6 or thereabouts.  You would need to do so for unRAID 4.7 which cannot support 3TB drives.

Ok, if I then use 4.7 - the non-Beta version - what size would I need to resize the drive to?

Take read through this thread - second page has the numbers...  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=11183

Thank you for the link :)

A quote from the other thread linked to:

Below are the steps I plan to take to add these drives to my array.  Input is welcome:

1. I will have to zero out the MBR and partition table of each of the 3T drives (dd if=/dev/zero count=200 of=/dev/sdX )

2. Make the usable space 2.2T on each of the 3T drives (hdparm -N p4294963168 /dev/sdX)

3. Reboot (not sure if necessary)

4. Reset the array configuration

5. Add the 2 2T disks as parity and disk1 (add other disks, which were formatted with unRAID)

6. Start the array.  unRAID should partition the new disks and start building parity.  Only the 3T disk should appear unformatted - the rest are all already loaded with data and should just be included in the parity calculation.

Are these the steps I have to do to make the 3TB drive work as parity under unRAID 4.7?