CouchPotato Hidden Files

lostincable

Hi all, I have been using sab and sickbeard for a while now with no issues.

Today I installed CouchPotato and when it downloads something the file is listed as hidden when I browse the file in windows explorer.

The hidden option is greyed out as well, I have tried everything to remove the hidden option but no luck....

I ran the following command on the affected folders to remove the hidden bit but Couch keeps changes the file settings to a hidden status.

chmod -R -X *Folder Name

Checking the file permissions on the files couchpotato has downloaded gives me this -

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root

I checked the files and folder as soon as SABNZBD downloaded and extracted them before couch potato touches them and they are definitely not hidden.

I checked in Couch and its setting them as 755 in the advanced settings.

Any ideas?

In Windows 7:

Got to Control Panel, Folder options: 

Then click on the "View" tab.  Under Advance settings, scroll down until you find "Hidden Files and Folders".  Click on "Show hidden files, folders and drives".  Click on "Apply" and back out of Control Panel.

If you don't have Windows 7, there is the same setting in all versions of Windows since at least XP.  You may have to search a bit to find it.

Its version 4.7 Unraid.

I can see the files fine in Windows Explorer as I have "Show Hidden Files" enabled.

I can also remove the hidden flag in Putty when I am connected to the server as mentioned by running this command.

chmod -R -X * /mnt/user/XXXX

That fixes the problem, but everytime Couch Potato moves a file from the Sabnzbd downloaded folder Couch Potato sets the hidden flag.

Any ideas?

Couch Potato is running as root not sure if running as Nobody would make a diference but Sab and Sick having been running as root without any troubles .

Very possible, where is couchpotato set to put the downloads after its done processing them?

You could try moving the installation to a unhidden folder as well and see if that changes anything. Although I suspect it wouldn't, it should be from what folder the downloads are being put into, not the installation.

Its set to put them into

/mnt/cache/Media/XXX

None of which is hidden, I have checked with Sab when it downloads the files they are not hidden and its once Couch moves them to the above location is when it makes then hidden.

I might switch to putting them straight into the array vs the cache drive and see if that fixes it but I doubt it!  ???

Its set to put them into

/mnt/cache/Media/XXX

I might switch to putting them straight into the array vs the cache drive and see if that fixes it but I doubt it!  ???

If you change that to /mnt/user/Media/XXX it should use the cache drive anyway if the "Media" share is set to use cache.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

How did you end up solving this, I'm having the same problem.

First off, how do you unhid the hidden files? I can't for the life of me figure that out, I would like to do it recursively to my top folder.

Second how did you get couch potato to stop making the files hidden?

I did see the last comment in the bug report was this from RuudBurger:

Seems like you are using the wrong group or user to start CP. Or wrong user for the app on your unRaid providing the share.

I would venture to assume that worked because you never came back. Thing is as far as I know couchpotato is running as root. And I'm not sure what the rest is referring to.

(I'm running Couch Potato v2 and unRAID 4.7 if that makes a difference)

• 1 month later...

another quick poke to the top just incase anyone managed to resolve this?

I'm afraid my linux is very basic else I'd have a dig around myself. I can manually SSH onto the server and make them all unhidden but its a pain. I was thinking maybe if I could script something which basically does a 'remove hidden flag, *.* within /mnt/movies, recursively' and set to run every day as a short term fix.

• 3 months later...

I have this same problem with CouchPotato and unRAID.  I've been using sickbeard and sabznbd just fine.  I just installed CouchPotato and it seems to do everything right, but once CouchPotato is finished moving the file to the unRAID server the file would disappear.  I went in to "Folder Options" via Windows Explorer and Hidden Files were shown.  What I had to change to see anything was "Show Operating System Files."  Once I did that the files were visible again, but they were basically greyed out or hazy.  I can double-click on the files and the operate fine, but my Media Center doesn't know they are there.  Has anyone determined a way to resolve this?

By the way, I too have a .custom folder on my cache drive.

Archived