SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" $99.99

bw1

I picked up 5 of these last week. Debating on if i want more or not. the 1 year warranty leaves a bad taste in my mouth..

I feel like now that there is consolidation and monopolization in the HDD industry, they are giving us the big FU as consumers.

I picked up 5 of these last week. Debating on if i want more or not. the 1 year warranty leaves a bad taste in my mouth..

I feel like now that there is consolidation and monopolization in the HDD industry, they are giving us the big FU as consumers.

That's why I'm now swearing by the retail Seagate 2 GB. Best Buy has them for $125 with a five year warranty.

This drive is $100, plus $15 for a three year warranty from SquareTrade, is $115 for four years of coverage (assuming that the extended starts after the original expires), vs. $125 for five years straight from the manufacturer.

That's why I'm now swearing by the retail Seagate 2 GB. Best Buy has them for $125 with a five year warranty.

This drive is $100, plus $15 for a three year warranty from SquareTrade, is $115 for four years of coverage (assuming that the extended starts after the original expires), vs. $125 for five years straight from the manufacturer.

What drive from best buy are you talking about? I looked at there website can't find it. Can you post a link please...  thank you.

Are you talking about the LP?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate+-+Barracuda+2TB+Internal+Serial+ATA+Hard+Drive+for+Desktops/9419382.p?id=1218102739460&skuId=9419382&st=Seagate%20Barracuda%202tb&cp=1&lp=2

So really is the LP same as the Green? what changed?

What drive from best buy are you talking about? I looked at there website can't find it. Can you post a link please...  thank you.

Are you talking about the LP?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate+-+Barracuda+2TB+Internal+Serial+ATA+Hard+Drive+for+Desktops/9419382.p?id=1218102739460&skuId=9419382&st=Seagate%20Barracuda%202tb&cp=1&lp=2

So really is the LP same as the Green? what changed?

Barracuda is just their retail line. It's exactly the same as the Green. In fact, I just installed one a few days ago, and it shows up in UnRAID as an ST2000DL003, which is exactly the same model as the previous generation Green drive.

Archived