New User, Help with S3 Sleep

I too am having problems waking from sleep but of a different nature.  When the unit is  sleeping (state=s3) the lan lights on my system are flashing.  I can put the system to sleep either with a soft touch of the power button (soft topuch = less than 4 seconds) or from the SimpleFeatures Main Menu Sleep button.

I can wake the system up either with a magic packet or by touching any key on the keyboard (I turned that on in the BIOS for now.

I am running 5.0 rc4 and Simple Features.

The problem is that when it comes out of sleep the monitor is off, (can't tell if the keyboard is working as the monitor is off) and I can not open the http port .  I can see it is awake as all the disk power lights are back on and the fans are all running. The LAN lights are blinking as they should.  My eth0 configuration is the same as others shown here with the g option set and the system able to handle pumgb.

Any advice greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having problems waking from sleep but of a different nature.  When the unit is  sleeping (state=s3) the lan lights on my system are flashing.  I can put the system to sleep either with a soft touch of the power button (soft topuch = less than 4 seconds) or from the SimpleFeatures Main Menu Sleep button.

I can wake the system up either with a magic packet or by touching any key on the keyboard (I turned that on in the BIOS for now.

I am running 5.0 rc4 and Simple Features.

The problem is that when it comes out of sleep the monitor is off, (can't tell if the keyboard is working as the monitor is off) and I can not open the http port .  I can see it is awake as all the disk power lights are back on and the fans are all running. The LAN lights are blinking as they should.  My eth0 configuration is the same as others shown here with the g option set and the system able to handle pumgb.

Any advice greatly appreciated

I'm having the exact same problem, can send the magic packet, it powers the machine back up, motherboard lan lights are flashing but can't ping from windows 7 machine to unraid box.  mb is Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R.  Have you had any luck getting yours working yet?

thanks

Chris

• 5 months later...

Nope, and I really do deal a lot with sleep and WOL. 

I am almost positive it is a Gigabyte problem and their tech support is about as useful as ants at a picnic.

I will probably try and get a valid contact number (phone) and talk to someone.  That will be a challenge also I am afraid.

I'm having the same issue with Gigabyte board. The system boots up with the magic packet, but doesn't allow any connections or show any output via the screen.

Did anyone get anywhere with this?

The syslog doesn't help much, just starts the s3_sleep process and then shows boot up messages from when I do a reset, so it doesn't look at though the OS is waking up at all...

I just have wakeonlan g option set in Simple features.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome, thanks.