Author Topic: utserver (uTorrent) Plugin for unRaid 5.0  (Read 35454 times)

Offline Gog

Re: utserver (uTorrent) Plugin for unRaid 5.0
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2013, 01:04:40 PM »
The install didn't work for me so I downloaded the package to my flash drive (/boot/config/plugins/utorrent-server-3.0-ubuntu-10.10-27079.tar.gz)  and modified the .plg a bit.

I replaced this:

Code: [Select]
#check current version and extract version and download URL
cd /tmp
wget -q -O linux http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux
VERSION="$(cat linux | grep maindownloadtitle | awk -F'[()]' '{print $2}')"
echo "Current Version $VERSION"
sleep 2
STABLE="$(cat linux | grep -o http://[^[]*.tar.gz | head -1)"
echo "Downloading $STABLE"
sleep 2
rm linux

# Create temporary directory to download and extract files in
mkdir /tmp/utinstall
cd /tmp/utinstall

# Download utserver and untar
wget -q -O utserver.tar.gz $STABLE

By this:
cd /tmp
#wget -q -O linux http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux
#VERSION="$(cat linux | grep maindownloadtitle | awk -F'[()]' '{print $2}')"
#echo "Current Version $VERSION"
#sleep 2
#STABLE="$(cat linux | grep -o http://[^[]*.tar.gz | head -1)"
#echo "Downloading $STABLE"
#sleep 2
#rm linux

# Create temporary directory to download and extract files in
mkdir /tmp/utinstall
cd /tmp/utinstall

# Download utserver and untar
#wget -q -O utserver.tar.gz $STABLE
echo "Skip get, copy local file to install dir"
echo "cp /boot/config/plugins/utorrent-server-3.0-ubuntu-10.10-27079.tar.gz /tmp/utinstall/utserver.tar.gz"
cp /boot/config/plugins/utorrent-server-3.0-ubuntu-10.10-27079.tar.gz /tmp/utinstall/utserver.tar.gz

Not future proof, but it seems to work now.

G
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:08:21 PM by Gog »

Offline Gog

« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »
...but it seems to work now.

Of course I had to say that before doing a real test...  The "old" GUI is spinning forever and the "new" webUI isn't any better: "webUI is having trouble connecting to utorrent"

Offline mrow

« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2013, 01:03:41 AM »
With all the headaches people seem to be having getting this to work why don't people just use Transmission which is still being actively developed and maintained? I actually think it's superior to utorrent. Definitely more lightweight and less resource intensive in my experience.

Offline mp328

« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2013, 11:25:11 AM »
With all the headaches people seem to be having getting this to work why don't people just use Transmission which is still being actively developed and maintained? I actually think it's superior to utorrent. Definitely more lightweight and less resource intensive in my experience.

unless transmission started supporting vpn settings it's useless for a bittorrent client in this day and age of internet !!!

Offline mrow

utserver (uTorrent) Plugin for unRaid 5.0
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »

unless transmission started supporting vpn settings it's useless for a bittorrent client in this day and age of internet !!!

What's preventing you from just using a VPN client? There is a plugin for OpenVPN if your router doesn't already support it.

Offline Gog

« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2013, 06:44:15 AM »

I was under the impression that it was not supported anymore.  I'll give it a try.

Offline Ockingshay

« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2013, 08:20:04 AM »
There is definitely a need for more than one torrent client, be it utorrent or something like deluge, as one needs multiple watch/download directories for things like CouchPotato, Sickbeard and general downloading.

Unless you are proficient in creating scripts I would like to see more clients for diversity.

P.S I've had this running flawlessly for several months now, so if there are any files that can be taken from my installation I'm happy to supply.

Offline gswarriorfan

« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2013, 10:36:37 AM »
hey ockingshay,

i just upgraded from unraid 4.5 to 5.0b12.  the amount of user customizations that are available just blows my mind.  i have transmission set up, but i want to move towards a more automated way of downloading torrents.  Is utorrent better than transmission in terms of integration with sickbeard and couchpotato?

Offline mrow

« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2013, 03:10:32 PM »

I was under the impression that it was not supported anymore.  I'll give it a try.

Not only is the person who created the plugin not even using unraid anymore, so he's no longer working on it/supporting it, the utorrent team hasn't updated the linux version of the software in over a year.

Offline Ockingshay

« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2013, 12:25:20 AM »
hey ockingshay,

i just upgraded from unraid 4.5 to 5.0b12.  the amount of user customizations that are available just blows my mind.  i have transmission set up, but i want to move towards a more automated way of downloading torrents.  Is utorrent better than transmission in terms of integration with sickbeard and couchpotato?

Transmission works well with couchpotato and sickbeard because you can set up the default download folder for sickbeard and then in couchpotato's advanced settings create another download folder.

Utorrent is alpha I believe and not supported on most private trackers, but you basically need 3 download folders for automation.

Personally I use utorrent for sickbeard and BTN (one of the few trackers that support alpha builds), Transmission for Couchpotato and PTP and transmission's default for everything else in accordance with hazel (mac app).

As said previously if you can create scripts, I'm sure there is a more elegant solution with one client, correct labelling and moving downloaded files to their respective post processing folders.

I would like to see the deluge method on this site made into a proper plugin for greater options, but the guy doesn't want to do it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:28:37 AM by Ockingshay »

Offline Furby8704

« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2013, 11:11:28 PM »
plugin was not installing utorrent
seems the link was changed on their site
it seems to be working now by changing it to its new location

change this
check current version and extract version and download URL
cd /tmp
wget -q -O linux http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux
sleep 2
sleep 2
rm linux

to this
cd /tmp
wget -q -O linux http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/lin/track/alpha
sleep 2
sleep 2
rm linux
Unraid Pro 5.0.5
Intel Celeron G1610 Ivy Bridge
Asrock B75 Pro3-M
8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws (2GB x 4)
26TB Storage + 4TB Parity

Offline Critical

« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »
My config file keeps getting overwritten when I add the lines to setup remote access.. has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Offline Critical

« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2013, 04:42:42 AM »
No solutions for this?

Offline p4xel

« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »
My config file keeps getting overwritten when I add the lines to setup remote access.. has anyone found a fix for this yet?
Hi Critical. Try adding your lines to write_utconfig() section of the plugin. You should easily figure it out.
If not, try this:
echo "#Remote access enable" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
echo "uconnect_enable: 1" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
echo "uconnect_username: yourusername" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
echo "uconnect_password: yourpassword" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
echo "#" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
Not very elegant, as you are hardcoding the username/password into config, but should work.
The problem is, that the plugin is recreating utserver configuration file every time. There is an easy way to incorporate it into plugin config page, but since I don't have a way to test it I won't do this modification.

I found that sometimes utserver remote stops working, and the only way to fix it is to use another username/password combination.
This unfortunately requires manual editing of the config file/plugin, and I just stopped using it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:23:42 PM by p4xel »

Offline Critical

« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2013, 11:55:51 AM »
Hi Critical. Try adding your lines to write_utconfig() section of the plugin. You should easily figure it out.
If not, try this:
echo "#Remote access enable" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
echo "uconnect_enable: 1" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
echo "uconnect_username: yourusername" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
echo "uconnect_password: yourpassword" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
echo "#" >> $INSTALLDIR/utserver.conf
Not very elegant, as you are hardcoding the username/password into config, but should work.
The problem is, that the plugin is recreating utserver configuration file every time. There is an easy way to incorporate it into plugin config page, but since I don't have a way to test it I won't do this modification.

I found that sometimes utserver remote stops working, and the only way to fix it is to use another username/password combination.
This unfortunately requires manual editing of the config file/plugin, and I just stopped using it.

Thanks p4xel.. that fixed it so now my remote is working correctly...