unRAID Server Release 5.0-rc4 Available

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tom, question as I don't see the AFP change that was scheduled for RC4 in the change log notes. Has this been postponed? Posting question versus the rc support forum.

Right, turns out it's not such a simple change.  Actually change is simple, but I don't think it will completely solve the problem.

Strange did not get notified about this new thread. (Usually emails me)

Everything is working fine on my end. I'll be upgrading to 3x AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 cards here shortly, hopefully those work fine too. I'm planning to flash them to the latest firmware.

Hi Tom,

I can see in the release note for RC4 that you added SCSI generic support (sg). I don't know if it was related to my request but what I was asking for is the support of pvscsi which is the switch "CONFIG_VMWARE_PVSCSI" in the .config file. That is under Device Drivers - Scsi device support - SCSI low-level drivers - VMware PVSCSI driver support when doing a "make menuconfig".

It would be great to have this built-in in the next RC or final.

Thank you.

ehfortin

Everything is working fine on my end. I'll be upgrading to 3x AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 cards here shortly, hopefully those work fine too. I'm planning to flash them to the latest firmware.

I'm also interested in knowing the compatibility of rc4 with the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 and AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards.  Thank you!

Strange did not get notified about this new thread. (Usually emails me)

Yes something broke when the site got moved to another server - I'll look into this.

Hi Tom,

I can see in the release note for RC4 that you added SCSI generic support (sg). I don't know if it was related to my request but what I was asking for is the support of pvscsi which is the switch "CONFIG_VMWARE_PVSCSI" in the .config file. That is under Device Drivers - Scsi device support - SCSI low-level drivers - VMware PVSCSI driver support when doing a "make menuconfig".

It would be great to have this built-in in the next RC or final.

Thank you.

ehfortin

Please go bump your thread in the other board.

I'm also interested in knowing the compatibility of rc4 with the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 and AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards.  Thank you!

Why don't you try it and see?

Hi Tom,

Sorry to report that my shutdown still is not clean - I (short) press the power button of my box and it does the whole shutdown routine (i.e. Powers up HDDs, etc.) but on the boot after that it starts a parity check.

Shutdown via web interface works fine.

Do you want me to report this as an issue in the other forum?

Cheers,

J

Hi Tom,

Sorry to report that my shutdown still is not clean - I (short) press the power button of my box and it does the whole shutdown routine (i.e. Powers up HDDs, etc.) but on the boot after that it starts a parity check.

Shutdown via web interface works fine.

Do you want me to report this as an issue in the other forum?

Cheers,

J

Yes please.