[SOLVED] HELP! Ported Build, Can't Boot!!

OK; I just ported my build over to a new case (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21463.0). I can't really see that I've done anything "wrong", or changed anything else...but I can't boot back up.

I'm stuck at an "error" that says: "Verifying AMD Pool Data......AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!". I've done what research I can, and the few questions I've seen about the message indicate it's pretty innocuous, and that things should move past that (and that perhaps it's common to GigaByte boards). So I don't think it's what's stopping me in my tracks; I think I have a boot issue, and this is just the last thing the board is processing before it stops.

Any thoughts for this newbie? Thanks

CD

Wow..what a PITA...from my google search, looks like the board detects a hardware change...and wants to play games.

Does clearing the CMOS work?  Haven't found a solution yet...plenty of ideas though.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2286.0.html

Yeah, I should mention...while I didn't change many parts, the case is 2U (as opposed to my old, 4U case)...so there is a new PSU. Also...I installed an AOC-SASLP-MV8 card; although I removed it when I started having this issue, and it didn't make a change.

I'll poke through that thread; but in the meantime, I'm all ears if anyone has any suggestions!

CD

Wow..what a PITA...from my google search, looks like the board detects a hardware change...and wants to play games.

Does clearing the CMOS work?  Haven't found a solution yet...plenty of ideas though.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2286.0.html

Wow; PITA is right! I cleared the CMOS (or at least think I did), and I saw another post that suggested you load "Optimized Default" after clearing the CMOS. Well, after I did that...No Physical Drive found(!). Yikes!

So I had to go into the BIOS, and set AHCI and such...so that the board wasn't looking for IDE drives (Optimized Default indeed...lol). I think I'm back up; will post and update with solved if I'm good for sure.

Thanks,

CD

Good...post the steps you took...if it works.

Well, it seems this might be a GigaByte MoBo quirk(?); it doesn't seem to like changes in hardware. Most instances I found posted on the Intro-net, the users were annoyed by message more than anything else...but it wasn't keeping them from booting. Of course, that's likely into Win-something; I think with unRAID, it was keeping the board from getting to the usb boot-drive, or the HDDs themselves.

I zapped the CMOS, restored to "Optimized Defaults"; then had to change drive types in the BIOS from IDE. I still think the board gives me that message/error on boot-up; but I now roll by it just fine. Some of the posts I saw, said it "just stopped" one day; I guess once the GB board gets used to the hardware change you made...lol

CD

Archived