Apps on cache drive mysteriously move to user share

I got unRAID set up last week, got it running SABnzbd+Sickbeard+CouchPotato, put MySQL on it, all that kind of fun stuff. I installed all the extra programs onto my cache drive under /mnt/cache/apps. Well, everything's been running smooth the past several days without any apparent problems. Then this morning I try to access Sickbeard, and I get a 500 internal error. Same thing on the rest of my apps. Not knowing what's going on, I decide to go into the unRAID menu and turn off the array and restart...

When I restart, all my programs act as if I've just freshly installed them. None of my config seems to be there, nothing. I start digging around, and I notice that files for the apps are located in both /mnt/cache/apps AND /mnt/user/apps. Meanwhile, in the unRAID settings panel, the settings are telling unRAID to access the files in cache. So I switch the settings and point everything to user. All my stuff comes back.

But I never ever told anything in unRAID to point to /mnt/user/apps. I'd like to just move the files back to the cache drive and be on my merry way, but I'm afraid the problem will just repeat itself. So, did I set things up wrong? Did I forget to do something? I don't even know where to begin how to figure out why this happened.

Oh, and two other pieces of info -- I'm running version 5.0-rc5. And I NEVER created the 'apps' share that the files mysteriously moved to.

Oh, just so you know (if you read this), the /mnt/ location contains a directory for each disk, ie disk1, disk2, disk3, up to the cache disk. It also contains a directory called user and user0. User is the contents of each share including the cache disk and user0 is the contents of each share without the cache. So, if you create a directory on the cache called "Data" then "Data" would appear on the cache as /mnt/cache/Data and also appear as a user share at /mnt/user/Data.

Pointing your programs to /mnt/user/apps isn't wrong. The apps directory on the cache disk is a user share. You could also point the programs to /mnt/cache/apps and that would be equally as good. You just have to ensure the apps user share stays on the cache disk if you point them to /mnt/cache/apps since that location won't exist once it's moved to one of the array disks. It could become /mnt/disk1/apps once it's moved.